• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Removal of items placed along HDB common corridor, no placement of objects henceforth

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been away for quite a while and have not been staying in the hdb pigeon hole. Now just paid a visit back to look see. The neighbor placed lots of stuff on both sides of the corridor infront of the window (blocking part of the window) and, right next to the front gate.

I do not want to deal with the neighbor, no time and energy. And do not want any arguments.

Anyone knows what agency can I contact to get an order to remove and not allowed to put any item along the corridor henceforth, as long as the owners remain unchanged? Is this the normal practice? I am not hoping for mediation etc. I just need an order to remove and keep the place pristine and void of any objects along the corridor.

Any effective advice?

Thank you in advance

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Removal of items placed along HDB common corridor, no placement of objects hencef

Pour petrol on the items and throw a match in.

PS: Make sure you aren't caught on video or you'll become a viral sensation.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Removal of items placed along HDB common corridor, no placement of objects hencef

Been away for quite a while and have not been staying in the hdb pigeon hole. Now just paid a visit back to look see. The neighbor placed lots of stuff on both sides of the corridor infront of the window (blocking part of the window) and, right next to the front gate.

I do not want to deal with the neighbor, no time and energy. And do not want any arguments.

Anyone knows what agency can I contact to get an order to remove and not allowed to put any item along the corridor henceforth, as long as the owners remain unchanged? Is this the normal practice? I am not hoping for mediation etc. I just need an order to remove and keep the place pristine and void of any objects along the corridor.

Any effective advice?

Thank you in advance

I tried town council before. Yes they took mild actions.
As long as the access path is 1.2M wide without blockage , they will only advise the flat owner to keep clean.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

As long as the access path is 1.2M wide without blockage , they will only advise the flat owner to keep clean.

That was my impression, both town council and hdb are ineffective, since I read in the news of neighbor arguments over space due to hoarding and inconsiderate behaviour involving the police. Was hoping someone can advice alternatives other than pour petrol....:eek:

Worried that it may be a fire hazard especially when I visit once in a blue moon.

Any others?

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just tell town council you have something bulky to throw....
They will send an army of bangla to clear everything.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pour petrol on the items and throw a match in.

PS: Make sure you aren't caught on video or you'll become a viral sensation.

Setting fire the fire might spread to own house.
Just throw down the block if kena someone can pin killer litter on your Neighbour too

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

This one must ask me.

In order to encourage TC take drastic action, I will "help" my neighbour move the bulky items to a common area which is not too far from its original position. If the items are just 2m away from the original position, you will not be accused of theft.

After that, I will call TC to say that somebody placed bulky items in the common area, and even though it's been there for just 30 minutes, you must kpkb TC to say the items have been there for days and TC not doing their job.

Within 30 minutes, your friendly Muthu with his supervisor, also Muthu, ownself check ownself, will appear with his team of movers.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who says they are not efficient-try not paying your bills-this government is all about money .
What smart nation? its all about PAY and PAY

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

From what I have read over the years, it all depends on your neighbours and not the TC. TC can only remove if the neighbour does not want the stuff anymore. If they insist on keeping their stuff outdoors, it a long drawn process with nothing to be achieved except acrimony and bad blood. The first thing neighbour will ask us who complained and TC will reveal it in a roundabout manner.

Despite the laws and by regulations, TC have no bite.

Can you imagine if the residents are fined instantly if thing were found outside - 99% of the problem would not occur. Instead the good neighbourlyness is long running unofficial campaign message where the law abiding neighbours are expected to be tolerant.

To TS -

1. There are no other agency except HDB. Just lodge a complaint via email. Don't both the do anything else.

2. Keeping sending emails every week if there is no response to fix it, be very polite, and slowly escalating the emails up the chain, they will eventually send their "A" team to resolve it.

3. Don't waste your time talking to any HDB people, just send them email and photos. Don't even bother to explain that such obstruction area fire hazard, eye sore etc. Just tell to act.

4. Do the email in such a manner as to show that you are documenting every step of the way and in your CC - =create an email address with name such as "[email protected] or actions by [email protected]. All emails to be numbered 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc. Treat the whole thing as posting on SBF but with a serious tone, so that your blood pressure does not go up and work with zero expectation in mind. Take it as experiment and light hearted adventure on assessing the competence of this government.

5. If they come up with crap like - talk to your neighbour, officer wants to meet up, arbitration etc, politely refuse and suggest that the issue is plain and obvious, 2 you have nothing else to add, 3, you prefer to document these exchanges rather than talk on the phone or meet face to face as it does not any further value to the complaint as these appear to waste the time rather then resolve the issue.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks. Just curious....

1. Is this two meter thingy defined by statute?

2. If not theft, then will it be considered tresspass of others property?

I just want to avoid a possible escalation of the problem.

I have never spoken nor seen this neighbor because I was away most of the time, and not my primary residence. And I do not place a single thing at the common corridor.

Once when I was away for about a year, they placed a bicycle (disused) and pushed the bicycle all the way next to my doorway, the wheel positioned to limit the open position of my metal gate to ninety degrees. i just didnt bother. I guessed the neighbor wants to chop first, and max out their territory along the common corridor.

Half year later, i needed to store some bulky furniture that can just barely squeeze through the front door, but the handle of the gate reduced the width of the entrance and was in the way. The mover guy shifted the wheel of the neighbor's bicycle to swing my gate wider for the furniture to just slide in through the door way.

The next day, the neighbor placed flower pots along the ledge right in front of my door, broom and dust pan next to my door .That's why I hazzard a guess that they are of quite a vengeful nature. Again I left the premises without contact with the neighbor, and didn't bother.

I have never spoken to this young couple neighbor.......now again about a year later I return to look see, more useless and damaged rubbish outside (sawed wood, rolls of paper, tiles, plastic wraps, etc).

I want to avoid tit-for-tat, should spent more time on other meaningful things in lfe. But want to remove the possible fire hazzard. But once if I write to TC, suitation may worsen without solving the issue if TC and hdb cant do much to enforce. That's my concern. I just want to hit where it counts. One punch one kill, that why asking around for advice.

This one must ask me.

In order to encourage TC take drastic action, I will "help" my neighbour move the bulky items to a common area which is not too far from its original position. If the items are just 2m away from the original position, you will not be accused of theft.

After that, I will call TC to say that somebody placed bulky items in the common area, and even though it's been there for just 30 minutes, you must kpkb TC to say the items have been there for days and TC not doing their job.

Within 30 minutes, your friendly Muthu with his supervisor, also Muthu, ownself check ownself, will appear with his team of movers.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks. I heard from friends that there were cases that court issued court order to clear the corridor, but that was after many serious arguments and police cases between neighbors. I do not hope to even tread there......

From what I have read over the years, it all depends on your neighbours and not the TC. TC can only remove if the neighbour does not want the stuff anymore. If they insist on keeping their stuff outdoors, it a long drawn process with nothing to be achieved except acrimony and bad blood. The first thing neighbour will ask us who complained and TC will reveal it in a roundabout manner.

Despite the laws and by regulations, TC have no bite.

Can you imagine if the residents are fined instantly if thing were found outside - 99% of the problem would not occur. Instead the good neighbourlyness is long running unofficial campaign message where the law abiding neighbours are expected to be tolerant.

To TS -

1. There are no other agency except HDB. Just lodge a complaint via email. Don't both the do anything else.

2. Keeping sending emails every week if there is no response to fix it, be very polite, and slowly escalating the emails up the chain, they will eventually send their "A" team to resolve it.

3. Don't waste your time talking to any HDB people, just send them email and photos. Don't even bother to explain that such obstruction area fire hazard, eye sore etc. Just tell to act.

4. Do the email in such a manner as to show that you are documenting every step of the way and in your CC - =create an email address with name such as "[email protected] or actions by [email protected]. All emails to be numbered 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc. Treat the whole thing as posting on SBF but with a serious tone, so that your blood pressure does not go up and work with zero expectation in mind. Take it as experiment and light hearted adventure on assessing the competence of this government.

5. If they come up with crap like - talk to your neighbour, officer wants to meet up, arbitration etc, politely refuse and suggest that the issue is plain and obvious, 2 you have nothing else to add, 3, you prefer to document these exchanges rather than talk on the phone or meet face to face as it does not any further value to the complaint as these appear to waste the time rather then resolve the issue.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

my house has this upgraded lift landing at every deck.So the old lift lobby become reductant and got closed down permanently . This unused space become a heaven for my old folk neighbors. They will store all their unwanted stuffs , keep their mini fish tank there. Some even burn their joss paper there.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't mind if they do store things on the old lift landings inbetween floors, for old hdbs. But my case is put things all the way to beside my doorway, and height of their stuff also partially block my corridor window.

my house has this upgraded lift landing at every deck.So the old lift lobby become reductant and got closed down permanently . This unused space become a heaven for my old folk neighbors. They will store all their unwanted stuffs , keep their mini fish tank there. Some even burn their joss paper there.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Setting fire the fire might spread to own house.
Just throw down the block if kena someone can pin killer litter on your Neighbour too

Unlikely when mp or ministars will visit block

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks. Just curious....

1. Is this two meter thingy defined by statute?

2. If not theft, then will it be considered tresspass of others property?

I just want to avoid a possible escalation of the problem.

I have never spoken nor seen this neighbor because I was away most of the time, and not my primary residence. And I do not place a single thing at the common corridor.

Once when I was away for about a year, they placed a bicycle (disused) and pushed the bicycle all the way next to my doorway, the wheel positioned to limit the open position of my metal gate to ninety degrees. i just didnt bother. I guessed the neighbor wants to chop first, and max out their territory along the common corridor.

Half year later, i needed to store some bulky furniture that can just barely squeeze through the front door, but the handle of the gate reduced the width of the entrance and was in the way. The mover guy shifted the wheel of the neighbor's bicycle to swing my gate wider for the furniture to just slide in through the door way.

The next day, the neighbor placed flower pots along the ledge right in front of my door, broom and dust pan next to my door .That's why I hazzard a guess that they are of quite a vengeful nature. Again I left the premises without contact with the neighbor, and didn't bother.

I have never spoken to this young couple neighbor.......now again about a year later I return to look see, more useless and damaged rubbish outside (sawed wood, rolls of paper, tiles, plastic wraps, etc).

I want to avoid tit-for-tat, should spent more time on other meaningful things in lfe. But want to remove the possible fire hazzard. But once if I write to TC, suitation may worsen without solving the issue if TC and hdb cant do much to enforce. That's my concern. I just want to hit where it counts. One punch one kill, that why asking around for advice.

Of course the law says nothing about 2m or 3m. The point is the stuff is in common areas, and if you move the stuff to a "greater" common area which is not far from its original position, you are not "permanently depriving the owner" of the property. If there is going to be a charge of theft, the TC will kanna, not you.

If your lift landing has more than 2 units, then it's unlikely that they TC will tell your neighbour that you are the complainant. They will just say "your neighbour", but will not specify the unit. Shifting the item to a "more common" area will help spread the suspicion to your neighbours on the same floor.

Don't listen to advice from those non-HDB dwellers. Normally TC will call Muthu to check out the area first. If the bulky item is something Muthu likes, I tell you Muthu will come back with a SWAT team.

When I see plants that I buay song, I complain about mosquitoes even if there is none. I see cupboards I will drag them to blog the passageway of the lift. It's like leaving your slippers at the doorstep in the common corridor. You cannot guarantee the cats will not drag your slippers to another place or some kids might just kick them further away from your door. Most importantly the ones who are going to make it disappear is Muthu. There cannot be trespass in a common area lah.

Also if it's a fire hazard, when you call TC, remember to threaten to call police too. TC will act swiftly.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes that's the way. Whatever you can shoot just shoot.
Last time I see m&ds relaxing at the Void Decks I call 999 report got fight or taking drugs.
Chow bengs burning incense I'll call SCDF report fire.
Neighbours blaring hi-fi too loud I'll say got domestic issue Husband holding Wife hostage with knife.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any the email will do the job in the majority of cases. Its the stubborn ones that you have to be careful about. Reminds me of the overzealous grassroots type that will do silly for their MPs and the TCs.

I am sure you got better things to do than to arrange bulk refuse disposal for the neighbours and the estate.

Yes, the TC will resort to court order but be careful as they will want you lodge the police report and make the magistrate as they do not want to go to court and testify. Make them do their job. Just keep sending polite emails periodically.

The 2 metre thing is not the law. It just convenient length for bulk refuse.

Thanks. I heard from friends that there were cases that court issued court order to clear the corridor, but that was after many serious arguments and police cases between neighbors. I do not hope to even tread there......

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

talk about email, I was involved in one long drawn out case between up-stair down-stair neighbors, in the end one party sent email to Lawrence Wong, no doubt Lawrence Wong did not read it but it's enough to get half of hdb hub west wing jumped off their chairs even legal department was dragged in. The dispute was solved in a month or two.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what I am worried about, that it has to drag and drag then get resolved.....:(

talk about email, I was involved in one long drawn out case ...........