• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat fight of the century

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wham! mayweather lands a right.

IMG_0112.JPG

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why AMDK started well then faded ? Got kelong or not ?

like mayweather was saying, mma fighter is good for only 25 minutes max or 5 rounds of 5 minutes each but pro boxer can last 36 minutes or 12 rounds of 3 minutes each. in pro boxing it's about great stamina for the distance and good defense for the initial rounds.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
like mayweather was saying, mma fighter is good for only 25 minutes max or 5 rounds of 5 minutes each but pro boxer can last 36 minutes or 12 rounds of 3 minutes each. in pro boxing it's about great stamina for the distance and good defense for the initial rounds.

A bit like how Ali beat Frazier in Thrilla in Manila.

Good strategy. But frankly, I think Mayweather chickened out. Professional. But Coward.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good strategy. But frankly, I think Mayweather chickened out. Professional. But Coward.

it's a strategy that has won him 50 bouts. no chickenshit cowardice there. it's patience, experience, and skill. from the 5th round onwards mayweather was the chaser and aggressor. he could sense mcgregor was tiring out. that's a hallmark of a superb predator.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

now its confirmed…you know as little of boxing as you know of medicine.

you li'l cunt…mayweather fought an excellent strategy based on his opponents weaknesses (lack of stamina) and his accurate reading of
the other guys tactics.

He would have knocked out or seriously injured CM if the ref hadn't stopped the fight.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just to share a little on what a boxer is experiencing during a match which most viewers may not appreciate :

1. It is very tiring just by moving around for 10 rounds.

2. It takes lots of energy just to hold the hands up, not to mention the countless punches thrown that missed the target.

3. It takes lots of energy to stay totally focus on your opponent. A slight lapse could means a knock out.

4. Most difficult of all; it requires great self control to hold back to tired out the opponent especially after receiving a punch because the natural reaction is to hit back.

Ali was the greatest because he had them all.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why AMDK started well then faded ? Got kelong or not ?

Not kelong la. On the contrary, it's quite typical. MMA fighters typically fight aggressively 3 to 5 rounds. Boxers typically fight slow to last 12-15 rounds. If the MMA guy doesn't knock out the boxer in the early rounds, it will be to the boxer's advantage.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not kelong la. On the contrary, it's quite typical. MMA fighters typically fight aggressively 3 to 5 rounds. Boxers typically fight slow to last 12-15 rounds. If the MMA guy doesn't knock out the boxer in the early rounds, it will be to the boxer's advantage.

I thought MMA fighters were the best after the many knockouts against Chinese martial arts experts. Nabeh, no stamina one.

If only those Taiji and Yongchun masters had held on for another 20 minutes, the MMA fighters might have been dead.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought MMA fighters were the best after the many knockouts against Chinese martial arts experts. Nabeh, no stamina one.

If only those Taiji and Yongchun masters had held on for another 20 minutes, the MMA fighters might have been dead.

Personally I've yet to see any taichi or yongchun masters put up a good fight against MMA fighters or boxers. Just my observation ..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jacky chan is an aged, retired stuntman with acrobatic moves. he's no fighter.

Jacky Chan is a stunt man...all his movement are for entertainment effect...if you use them for real street fighting, one will be dead in a very short time...Donnie Yen, Jet Li etc.. are martial artists...whether they will survive a street fight that is another matter..

It seems that boxing is once again going backwards in the past...I have watched the recent fight ...was not impressed at all. Remember Ali.....later in his career, he once infamously fought a Japanese wrestler in 1976...

This mayweather fight....something like that...it is fought for the MONEY...& entertainment...:mad:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Irish likes to talk cock and sing song.
They sound like real.

Jacky Chan is a stunt man...all his movement are for entertainment effect...if you use them for real street fighting, one will be dead in a very short time...Donnie Yen, Jet Li etc.. are martial artists...whether they will survive a street fight that is another matter..

It seems that boxing is once again going backwards in the past...I have watched the recent fight ...was not impressed at all. Remember Ali.....later in his career, he once infamously fought a Japanese wrestler in 1976...

This mayweather fight....something like that...it is fought for the MONEY...& entertainment...:mad:
agree absolutely, money talks whereas a bull-shitter gets tko'ed.... and walks away with a million bucks :wink: