• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat QR payment codes is a major revelation for our "Suaku" cabinet

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree Qingdao more liveable, albeit also more expensive. Korean plastic surgery clinics are mushrooming everywhere. Yantai has yet to shake off its industrial seaport image, despite its huge population of 6.5 mil. Place to work in, rather than to enjoy life. 20 years ago, if you wanted S'porean food, you'd have to go all the way to the Equatorial Hotel in Qingdao to taste it.

Shandong cuisine is supposed to be representative of North Chinese cuisine, probably because of its abundant farm produce and seafood. No problem adapting for most S'poreans, though I still prefer Cantonese food (without the 'exotic' animals).

People there are generally warm and friendly and direct ... not scheming and cut-throat like those in Shanghai or Nanjing. Interestingly, the KTV hostesses and prostitutes in Shandong all hail from the north-east.

I hate dongbei food. It's for mountain people:( When i'm on assignment there i always go to any 港式茶餐厅 (usually the same one around the premises).

I love beifang people though... Very direct and barefaced. They are almost child-like. And they respect you if you are willing to drink... which gives me an advantage over my counterparts(my colleagues from shanghai and hangzhou can't drink for nuts). And northerner ladies.. omg.... something about high cheek bones just sets me off

My all time favourite city is Dalian. Planning to move there in 5 years, score a cushy job until retirement .. and die happily from sexual exhaustion

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I hate dongbei food. It's for mountain people:( When i'm on assignment there i always go to any 港式茶餐厅 (usually the same one around the premises).

I love beifang people though... Very direct and barefaced. They are almost child-like. And they respect you if you are willing to drink... which gives me an advantage over my counterparts(my colleagues from shanghai and hangzhou can't drink for nuts). And northerner ladies.. omg.... something about high cheek bones just sets me off

My all time favourite city is Dalian. Planning to move there in 5 years, score a cushy job until retirement .. and die happily from sexual exhaustion

The only women I am scared of in China are Shanxi women. Holy fuck, they are damn direct and heck care u. Worse then Shanghai women.

Dalian is too cold lah, and too close to Pyongyang. When the US nukes Pyongyang eventually, the highly radioactive cloud will drift over the Yellow sea to Dalian. U want to score cushy job, u better off going to Shenyang, much more industrial town with more opportunities.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hawkers, taxi drivers, and small time self employed persons prefer to see cash up front. Especially so for the elder generation and those who aren't exactly making huge bucks but getting by one a day to day basis. People always feel more secure with cash immediately in hand rather than going down some electronic chute before winding up in their bank accounts god knows when

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the big motives is that they can use cashless to track the oppo leeders and their supporters. If oppo members meet every week at one kopitiam to talk strategy, they will know when the same people they are tracking use their card to pay at the same place and time every week. Maybe they bug the place, maybe they put operatives in there. Also, if lets say u support an oppo like roy and u want to send him some money, you can do that via cashless but then it will be tracked and the pap will know who is financially supporting him.

yes n clown plince fingers on the keyboard........... The big clown fixes oppo n the jr provides the corkscrew

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

howz labia lips? thick?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hawkers, taxi drivers, and small time self employed persons prefer to see cash up front. Especially so for the elder generation and those who aren't exactly making huge bucks but getting by one a day to day basis. People always feel more secure with cash immediately in hand rather than going down some electronic chute before winding up in their bank accounts god knows when

Most businesses in singapore prefer to see cash upfront.

Banks charge a hefty transaction fee relative to other countries for the use of NETS and credit cards. That's why many businesses refuse to encourage cashless transactions.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most businesses in singapore prefer to see cash upfront.

Banks charge a hefty transaction fee relative to other countries for the use of NETS and credit cards. That's why many businesses refuse to encourage cashless transactions.

Absolutely agree and I am with you on this

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the same impression about cash until I visited countries in Africa. It was an eye-opener from M-Pesa in Kenya for remittance to QR codes used by intinerant vendors. The key I found out was the phone that they owned and people having to travel long distances to get cash from banks and ATMs.

In Joberg, there is an Sunday market on the top floor of a major mall. The vendors use parking lots to set stall and sell all sort of things from souvenirs to food to even Thai massage. Most of them display the QR code with no terminal. I asked some why? They told me that people are increasingly not carrying cash and they do not want to miss the opportunity to make a sale.

Its no different from our merchants who now have Visa, MC and Amex terminal whose sales have gone up. It was the same with Nets.

Studies show that you are more likely to return home to pick up the forgotten phone than your forgotten wallet. The phone has becomes indispensable.

There is also the added feature of safety and security of carrying less cash.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
those people in power sure are talking cock about smart nation etc. wishful thinking. when you cannot even solve the MRT perppetual breakdowns every week and the signaling faults, lifts breakdown etc please go and reflect on all these empty and hot air talks. 99% of locals are still talking about burning offerings for ghost month. even taiwan ,China, HK and malaysia have banned such burnings. only idiots continue such superstitions. no wonder the locals deserved to be screwed . the economy is crap and people end up at grab/ubers idiots. wonder what they wuold yurn to when driveless cars come. Karma for believeing in such shits for past 30 years. hahahhah

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had the same impression about cash until I visited countries in Africa. It was an eye-opener from M-Pesa in Kenya for remittance to QR codes used by intinerant vendors. The key I found out was the phone that they owned and people having to travel long distances to get cash from banks and ATMs.

In Joberg, there is an Sunday market on the top floor of a major mall. The vendors use parking lots to set stall and sell all sort of things from souvenirs to food to even Thai massage. Most of them display the QR code with no terminal. I asked some why? They told me that people are increasingly not carrying cash and they do not want to miss the opportunity to make a sale.

Its no different from our merchants who now have Visa, MC and Amex terminal whose sales have gone up. It was the same with Nets.

Studies show that you are more likely to return home to pick up the forgotten phone than your forgotten wallet. The phone has becomes indispensable.

There is also the added feature of safety and security of carrying less cash.

But you bank account has no cash, you credit line is BUSTED....CASH IS STILL KING!....with cash, I can see what I pay & the change I get....with technology....in AFRICA etc...or even here...who knows...using the QR Code with malware....your bank account is wiped clean...

CASH IS STILL KING....I won't want to use QR Codes in places like AFIRCA, CHINA etc...even sing a pore!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WHY PM Lee Hsien Loong never feel shameful and suaku when we have frequent MRT breakdown?

They are testing the Train Signalling system & to see how effective it is, they do it during rush hour, & any hour of the day.."wink"! come 2525, they are still testing...the Min of Transport, then...will tell you.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do u see many people complaining that they are handling cash and they are not happy? anybody feel unhappy about handling Cash?

Many people are unhappy about CPF and SMRT. why PM lee doesnt feel suaku?
Chinese PRC has pension when they are old. PM Lee you dont feel suaku that sinkies dont have pension?