Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kee Chiu gives Bloomberg interview, calls Trump "aberration", sounds like an Idiot

My Reputation Points: 209 / Power: 0

Default Re: Kee Chiu gives Bloomberg interview, calls Trump "aberration", sounds like an Idio

Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    it does matter because at a time of crisis in singapore's history, an eloquent man with great oratorical skill united the country and gave it his vision and we prospered, that man being the late dictator Lee Con YOu. Be very sure that we are in a state of crisis now, and we do need some one with great eloquence to translate his vision to the people and see it thru.
    None of the contenders are approaching eloquent in a political sense and certainly none of them come close to LKY. To me this constant chatter and speculation who the next PM might be is a waste of time, it really doesn't matter as he/she will just be a figurehead representing PAP as a monolithic machinery.

My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

Default Re: Kee Chiu gives Bloomberg interview, calls Trump "aberration", sounds like an Idio

Quote Originally Posted by Papsmearer View Post
    Kee chiu is such a lying piece of shit. Open transparent system? LOL. hahahhahah
    CCS also claimed that People's Association is not partisan

My Reputation Points: 381 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    CCS also claimed that People's Association is not partisan
    CCS is wating to gain money from the family feud.
    The Worker's Party is the best opposition party.

My Reputation Points: 981 / Power: 10

I wouldn't want a PM who looks like he need a bottle of milk before going to bed. Imagine the jokes and snide remarks we going to get ?

My Reputation Points: 230 / Power: 0

All the new Ministers are lightweights in the Party.

Party Cadres are still loyal to the Familee and will still do the bidding of Pinky.
    If China can exert enough pressure, I am sure some will have second thoughts about Pinky and replace him with someone more accommodating. But it's a long shot right now. After all, it was the Pope that appointed the Cardinals and the Cardinals elect the Pope. It would take a lot to change the thinking of the Party Cadres/Cardinals

My Reputation Points: 13416 / Power: 13

Couple Of Points:

1. It should be "None of the contenders is approaching eloquence in a political sense and certainly none of them comes close to LKY."

2. Absolutely agree and I am with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxsanic View Post
    None of the contenders are approaching eloquent in a political sense and certainly none of them come close to LKY. To me this constant chatter and speculation who the next PM might be is a waste of time, it really doesn't matter as he/she will just be a figurehead representing PAP as a monolithic machinery.

My Reputation Points: 1246 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by maxsanic View Post
    Chan Chun Sing might not be as eloquent as some of his colleagues, but the big picture is - Does it really matter if he or someone else takes over the leadership mantle?
    The answer is YES - it does matter. For a Cambridge graduate and a President's Scholar to boot, I would have expected a more polished and refined individual but all I see is an Ah Beng in a Savile Row suit.
    Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me... Aren't you?

My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

this aberration?

Name:  IMG_0101.PNG
Views: 87
Size:  154.6 KB
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by THE_CHANSTER View Post
    The answer is YES - it does matter. For a Cambridge graduate and a President's Scholar to boot, I would have expected a more polished and refined individual but all I see is an Ah Beng in a Savile Row suit.
    I see a primary 6 school boy in an all white PAP school uniform.

My Reputation Points: 341 / Power: 0

The late LKY would have been ashamed. Entirely scripted bullshit. 90% fluff.
    PM Lee Kuan Yew: “Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine. I’ve spent a whole lifetime building this and as long as I’m in charge, nobody is going to knock it down.”
    #Hatersgonnahate

My Reputation Points: 209 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jw5 View Post
    Couple Of Points:

1. It should be "None of the contenders is approaching eloquence in a political sense and certainly none of them comes close to LKY."

2. Absolutely agree and I am with you on this.
    Thanks bro, but when talking about people "none" can take either plural or singular form. http://www.onlinegrammar.com.au/top-...singular-verb/

Thread Information