• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious New Shengwu revelation in exclusive US News Interview

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Exclusive: Lee Kuan Yew's Grandson Left Singapore Because Friends Feared He Would Be Detained[/h] Aug. 17, 2017, at 7:04 p.m.

By Tim McLaughlin

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (Reuters) - A grandson of Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore’s late founding father and ruler for more than three decades, said he left the city state in July after friends expressed concerns he might be detained by the authorities in a contempt of court case.

"In Singapore, it is possible that one can be detained and interrogated for some time without a lawyer,” said Li Shengwu, whose uncle is the nation’s current Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, in an interview with Reuters. “My friends had warned me that they were concerned for my safety if I remained in Singapore."

Li declined to identify his friends or disclose if they had specific information. Reuters has no independent evidence that Li Shengwu faced any threats to his safety.

The Prime Minister’s Press Secretary Chang Li Lin said it was “not accurate” to make points about detention and interrogation. "This is a well-established legal process. Clear laws and procedures apply to all cases of contempt, including this case involving Mr Li," Chang said. "The courts will decide on the merits of the case."

Li departed from the city-state on July 23 to return to the United States, more than a week sooner than he planned. Two days earlier, the attorney general’s chambers in Singapore had sent him a letter demanding he issue an apology and purge a July 15 Facebook post in which he had said that “the Singapore government is very litigious and has a pliant court system.”

In that letter, Senior State Counsel Francis Ng said the post was “an egregious and baseless attack” on the Singapore legal system. He asked Li to sign a declaration that he had made false allegations, was in contempt of the judiciary, and to apologize unreservedly.

On Aug 4, the attorney general’s chambers began contempt of court proceedings against Li in Singapore’s High Court. This followed Li’s decision not to remove the post or apologize.

FAMILY FEUD

Li’s troubles are related to a family feud that has erupted between Lee Kuan Yew’s three children over the fate of Lee’s house. The dispute has been simmering since Lee Kuan Yew died in 2015 but exploded into public view this summer in a highly unusual display of discord at the top of a country that usually keeps such matters behind closed doors.

Li’s father, Lee Hsien Yang, and his aunt Lee Wei Ling have accused their older brother, the prime minister, of opposing their father’s wish as stated in his will to have the house demolished. They say that he wanted to turn it into a monument. The two siblings have also claimed that “the organs of the state” have been used against them in the dispute, though they have not produced specific evidence to back this up.

Li, 32, said he had been in Singapore to attend a friend’s birthday celebrations but missed those because of his sudden departure for Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he is a junior fellow at Harvard University. Li said in a previous interview earlier this month that he has no intention of returning to Singapore and would defend himself with legal representation in the city state.

The prime minister has previously said he is not involved in the current decision-making over the future of the house, and has denied there has been any abuse of state power.

A spokesperson for the attorney-general's chambers declined to comment because the case is already before the court.

During the interview at his office on the Harvard campus, where he is doing post-doctoral work in economic theory and behavioral economics, Li questioned whether the People’s Action Party, which has ruled Singapore since 1959 and received almost 70 percent of the vote in the 2015 election, has too much control.

He called for more room for “healthy, loyal dissent” in Singapore. “I worry that Singapore’s ruling party tries too hard to maintain a monopoly on credibility,” said Li.

HARMONIOUS TIMES

Li, who discloses in an online resume that he has a PhD in Economics from Stanford University and a Master of Philosophy degree from the University of Oxford, said his grandfather’s wish to tear down the house, a humbly furnished house near the Orchard shopping district, was to ensure that it did not become iconic and feed into a cult of personality.

Press Secretary Chang said the PAP forms the democratically elected government and that anyone dissatisfied with its performance can contest elections and try to convince voters they can do better as opposition parties regularly do.

And she said here was "no cult of LKY", referring to the founder’s initials.

"Singaporeans are grateful to Mr Lee and the other founding leaders, and wish to honour their memory. That is natural and healthy," she said.

While growing up, Li said his grandfather’s home was a regular gathering place for his family. Sunday lunch together was a regular fixture.

“There was a table for the adults and the children would read books or play games,” he said. “I saw my uncle and my cousins a lot growing up. I’d say we all got along well as late as three or four years ago ... The tragedy of this is that this is not what my grandfather would have wanted.”

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So, he was apparently in singapore when he posted his comments on his FB. He was here to attend a friend's birthday celebration. 2 days after he posted, the AGC send him a letter to remove and apologize for the post. Some friends warned him that the real intent of the AGC is to detain him and interrogate him, possibly indefinitely. Was he to be used a hostage and bargaining chip against his father and aunt? Probably. He deceived the AGC by asking for a one day extension for his retraction, but used that extra time to escape from singapore. He had to leave more then 1 week earlier then planned and missed his friend's birthday celebration.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what I know is that it is not Li ShengWu friends who asked Li Shengwu to leave Singapore.

It is Eugene Tan Kheng Boon, SMU top law professor who asked Li Shengwu to leave Singapore.
https://law.smu.edu.sg/faculty/profile/9597/Eugene-TAN-Kheng-Boon

Yes, Eugene asked Shengwu to leave. He's a mentor as well as a friend of Shengwu.

Of course Shengwu had to be vague. Knowing how our Gestapo functions, you wouldn't want to get your friends in trouble, would you?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... “My friends had warned me that they were concerned for my safety if I remained in Singapore." ...
sum1 made mistake now wanted 2 avoid ze embarrassment of suing his own nephew muz b behind dat sum1 who passed ze warning message ...

n den sum1 muz b behind dat sum1 who instructed sum1 2 passed dat warning message ...

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking cheebye Kia Old man alive that time only know how to enjoy life and see sinkies like us suffer and never make noise.
Now old man go sell salted duck egg he suddenly decided to become the voice of sinkies because now everyone in the family is fighting to be the new king.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sum1 made mistake now wanted 2 avoid ze embarrassment of suing his own nephew muz b behind dat sum1 who passed ze warning message ...

n den sum1 muz b behind dat sum1 who instructed sum1 2 passed dat warning message ...

I also think a "relative" wanted him out of Spore & used a go between to send the message.

He is probably being watched & If LHL really wanted him detained he could have stopped him at the airport. LHL cannot take direct action because the other family members know too many dirty secrets.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If this shengwu guy really made those posts while he was physicially in Singapore goes to show his stupidity and naivety. Tsk tsk tsk.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eugene Tan will kena. Just watch.

He was bump out of Parliament because he pointed out to Halimah there was no quorum. The lady did not do a headcount.

Next, may be kishore..perhaps his tenure will not be renewed for his unfavourable posting on small states.

Eugene may risk his job as a lecturer on this..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is the grandson complaining about the system that is created by his grandfather?...That is what his grandad will do to 'hound' the oppositions out of the country, he is now tasting his own familee medicine....

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why is the grandson complaining about the system that is created by his grandfather?...That is what his grandad will do to 'hound' the oppositions out of the country, he is now tasting his own familee medicine....

Yeah. That's why I say the entire family is crooked. They had their fingers in the dip all this time. Now the dip has been taken away by big uncle they kpkb.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Wu has done nothing wrong..alot of ppl also say bad things about pap...just one statement like this and the Pappies go after him? I think pinky is going bonkers...

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Li Shengwu situation is very dangerous. He is in America and he can be easily killed by anybody.
if that happens, situation will become very murky.

some crazy people who do not like Lee Hsien Loong or PAP regime (such as Chinese Communist Party) may use this opportunity to Kill Li Shengwu and painting the picture that it is PAP job

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...i-Hamas-assassination-how-it-was-planned.html

Dubai Hamas assassination: how it was planned
Dressed in tennis gear and carrying racquets and balls, the guests who wandered through the lobby of Dubai’s al-Bustan Rotana hotel on Jan 19 couldn’t have looked less threatening.

But within hours they and nine accomplices had carried out the ruthlessly efficient assassination of the Hamas military Commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, who had just a few seconds’ warning of his fate as the killers overpowered him in his room.

The murder bears the hallmarks of a meticulously-planned operation by the Israeli intelligence service Mossad, though Israel has so far refused to say whether it was involved.

What is beyond doubt, however, is that the alleged hit team, travelling on forged British, Irish, German and French passports, spent no more than 19 hours in the Gulf state, killing Mr Mabhouh just five hours after he had flown in from Syria.
After trawling through dozens of hours of CCTV footage, investigators have been able to piece together a minute-by-minute reconstruction of how the hit unfolded.
The 11-strong team arrived in Dubai in the early hours of Jan 19 on flights from France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland, dressed as businessmen with trolley bags and laptops and blending in perfectly with other passengers.