• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Materialistic gf wants fresh grad nus bf to buy luxury car

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY's fault for educating our girls to be materialistic bitches.

Should have had a different education system for gals - teach them home econs, cooking, childrearing etc

Should follow the 3rd Reich - school system should produce baby making mothers so that the country would survive for the next 1000 years.....

Our current system would lead us to the extinction of our people, with only 50% getting married and even less women producing babies.

twentyfour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Troll bait and and the using the usual bait. They should try something different for a change such as - my gf's mum is hitting on me and she is sexy as hell. A more serious one that used to be popular during Her World era was the subject about marrying your rapist or why I married my rapist.

NUS and NTU confessions are full of trolls and baiters waiting to pick on the gullible and revel in the attention they get. Gender stereotypes, sexual fantasies, etc, are all par for the course.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's kind of contradictory to speak of love and materialistic along the same line. For me, it's sentimentally impossible to love a girl who I know is materialistic. You can lust after her body, but how can one possibly love a girl who is materialistic?

You can only fall in love with virtues, not wealth or good looks.

If you are emotionally weak, you succumb to loneliness and you end up mistaking your need for emotional support as being deeply in love with someone from whom you draw your emotional support. You find yourself being held to ransom by the girl you purportedly love, but in reality you are just a needy mangina.

Love is blind. That's why divorce rate is going up.

twentyfour

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's kind of contradictory to speak of love and materialistic along the same line. For me, it's sentimentally impossible to love a girl who I know is materialistic. You can lust after her body, but how can one possibly love a girl who is materialistic?

You can only fall in love with virtues, not wealth or good looks.

If you are emotionally weak, you succumb to loneliness and you end up mistaking your need for emotional support as being deeply in love with someone from whom you draw your emotional support. You find yourself being held to ransom by the girl you purportedly love, but in reality you are just a needy mangina.

Yes agree on all points here.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now this is definitely a golden egg laying goose, the bf should just whore her out on crackers.com and backpage.com and she can have whatever she wants.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore-girl-materialistic-nothing-wrong-desired-income-%247k-husband-partner_2.jpg

An anonymous confessor has shared his woes about a materialistic girlfriend who wants him to get a luxury car in the future because she wants to show off.
He claims that she has tried to argue that they need a luxury car because they are safer, despite the high price tag.
"I am a quite down-to-earth fresh grad from NUS (guy) and I have a girlfriend who is quite materialistic (eg. want nice clothes, bag, shoes, big condo etc). I really love her and I understand that different people have different flaw and I am willing to accept her for who she is. Hence, I am trying my best to accommodate her wants whenever possible.
An interesting conversation happened recently and I hope to seek genuine advice. We are planning for our future together and she told me that she definitely want a luxury car in future (BMW, mercedes, Audi etc ). I told her that a car is a depreciating asset and given the high COE price, I feel we should just get an ordinary car (Honda, Toyota) because the primary function of a car is for convenience and transport. When I said these, she became upset instantly. I tried to convince her that the prestige and status of a luxury car is superficial and we can spend the money better to areas such as our child education, insurance or even retirement fund etc.
Instead of being convinced by my points, she countered my argument with a very tricky answer. She said that she want a luxury car not because of the prestige or status but rather its safety. Then she started to talk about how dangerous it is to drive on the road, how she care about me and our future kid's life etc. She denied that she want a luxury car to show off. She just value our lives alot because she love me. Luxury cars have better safety mechanics and the steel used is strong (ie. wont be less crushed even if get into an accident). She said my life is priceless and she wants to buy a luxury car to protect us from traffic accident and hence the money is worth spending. :rolleyes:
Given that I have known her for so long, I am pretty confident (99% confidence interval) that she just want a luxury car to show off but know that it is wrong. Hence, she is reframing in such a way that she cares more about my life.
My best attempt to counter her is that I told her "then you should get a tank right? it's the safest." However, given that she knows that we definitely cannot get a tank, she just play along and said "yes i will get it if it is on sale because it is so safe." I am dam sure she won't get it even tanks are really available for sale but I cannot prove it.
I really feel that in the current society, people start to condone materialism more and more. Hence, it is not viable for luxury car companies to market their cars solely based on prestige and status. Hence, they are coming up with a new tactic called safety to jack up the price of their car.
But anyway, hope that some smart people can give me some advice on how to resolve this issue? Any car guru around? Is it really true that there is no cheap and safe car?"
- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/a...rad-nus-bf-buy-luxury-car-says-they-are-safer
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff
People who like affordable and utilitarian stuff should avoid high maintenance wife. Tell her go bait somebody else, unless like someone else said, u are a "needy mangina" then that's just very sad.

Last edited:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't need. But if you are a professional, it's not uncommon to bring your spouse or partner for formal functions organized by your professional organization.

Anyway, the point is whether you "can" or "cannot" when the situation demands. Don't evade the question by changing the context to "need" or "need not".
The slave to social pressure will soon paint himself into thr sad state of being a 'mangina' (just learnt a useful new term)... very sad for such a person if due to social pressure of having a 'partner ', he were to lose the opportunity to meet a true soulmate as a result of the female partner repelling other females off. Such a man would either end up a divorcee or else die from cancer/stress from having to be a mangina just to cave in to social pressures.
==========
Proverbs 25:24 ►
New International Version
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

New Living Translation
It's better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home.

English Standard Version
It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

New American Standard Bible
It is better to live in a corner of the roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/25-24.htm