• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious AXA Insurance Agent , Ramesh Krishnan, gets S$4m High Court award , 2017

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
NP_20170819_DSAGENT19_1609949.jpg

Mr Ramesh Krishnan in the vegetarian restaurant, Tulasi, which he set up with his wife. He hopes to return to the financial services industry soon as it is his passion. 
TNP PHOTO: GAVIN FOO

He lost job but learnt to believe in himself

Insurance agent who was awarded $4m in lawsuit set up restaurant after losing job

He went from wearing designer suits to grease-stained shirts in a restaurant kitchen.

Mr Ramesh Krishnan, 47, a former insurance agent, made headlines recently when he was awarded $4 million by the High Court.

The court ruled in his favour after it was found that a scathing letter of reference from a previous employer cost him the chance to join another insurer in 2012. He left his job in 2011.

Unable to find a job in the financial services sector, he said he sold his home and two of his cars to set up a vegetarian restaurant, Tulasi, with his wife.

Speaking to The New Paper at the restaurant in Little India yesterday, Mr Ramesh described how he went from earning about $2 million a year to $12,000.

He said: "I had a landed property, three cars, more than $2 million in the bank at that time. You name any brand of clothing, I had it.

"When I lost my career, I was lost.

"I sold almost everything to sustain myself and my family.

"I lost the ability to show that I was successful, and the world could see it."

He recalled how he also struggled with the loss of prestige and the faith of others in him.

"No one believed in me. They told me I was fighting a losing battle," he said, referring to the court case.

"Everyone left, everyone but my family."

He said his 45-year-old wife, their son, 15, and daughter, 17, were the only ones who stood by him through it all.

"My daughter, who was then about 11, told me, 'Dad, you are a warrior. The hardest battles are for the strongest warriors'," said Mr Ramesh.

"My wife told me that even if I lose everything, I would still have her and my children."

Now he works as a sous chef in the restaurant, which is managed by his wife.

The restaurant was set up in memory of his mother-in-law, who died in 2010.

"She always wanted to have her own restaurant, and so we set this up as a tribute to her," he said.

PASSION

But Mr Ramesh intends to return to the financial services industry soon as it is his "passion".

"When I first joined insurance, the money excited me. But the excitement for money went away after a while," he said.

Asked what he learnt from the incident, he paused and said: "I have learnt what is love, betrayal, friendship, and trust. I have learnt to believe in myself.

"I understand now that all the tough times I have had earlier was life's way of preparing me for the future, and now I'm ready to start again."

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the late Wong Pakshong was in charge of MAS....they were on the ball, don't think this kind of 'monekying' around with MAS was tolerated. MAS was an entire totally ' animal' back then. Now...it is more of 'pussy cat'.

Wong Pakshong recently passed away, was rather surprised he had a rather subdued a very low key quarter page obituary & nothing much was mentioned...despite that fact that, he built a rock solid MAS....HALIMAH had pages written about her & still counting...& she is not even elected!.

You get the a feeling that, their 'guard dog'...must be sniffing somewhere...where he shouldn't have.

UMNO hAS JUST ERECTED HER AS PREZ OF SG..........VERY BAD TASTE I MUST SAY

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
NP_20170819_DSAGENT19_1609949.jpg

Mr Ramesh Krishnan in the vegetarian restaurant, Tulasi, which he set up with his wife. He hopes to return to the financial services industry soon as it is his passion. 
TNP PHOTO: GAVIN FOO

He lost job but learnt to believe in himself

Insurance agent who was awarded $4m in lawsuit set up restaurant after losing job

He went from wearing designer suits to grease-stained shirts in a restaurant kitchen.

Mr Ramesh Krishnan, 47, a former insurance agent, made headlines recently when he was awarded $4 million by the High Court.

The court ruled in his favour after it was found that a scathing letter of reference from a previous employer cost him the chance to join another insurer in 2012. He left his job in 2011.

Unable to find a job in the financial services sector, he said he sold his home and two of his cars to set up a vegetarian restaurant, Tulasi, with his wife.

Speaking to The New Paper at the restaurant in Little India yesterday, Mr Ramesh described how he went from earning about $2 million a year to $12,000.

He said: "I had a landed property, three cars, more than $2 million in the bank at that time. You name any brand of clothing, I had it.

"When I lost my career, I was lost.

"I sold almost everything to sustain myself and my family.

"I lost the ability to show that I was successful, and the world could see it."

He recalled how he also struggled with the loss of prestige and the faith of others in him.

"No one believed in me. They told me I was fighting a losing battle," he said, referring to the court case.

He said his 45-year-old wife, their son, 15, and daughter, 17, were the only ones who stood by him through it all.

"My daughter, who was then about 11, told me, 'Dad, you are a warrior. The hardest battles are for the strongest warriors'," said Mr Ramesh.

"My wife told me that even if I lose everything, I would still have her and my children."

Now he works as a sous chef in the restaurant, which is managed by his wife.

The restaurant was set up in memory of his mother-in-law, who died in 2010.

"She always wanted to have her own restaurant, and so we set this up as a tribute to her," he said.

PASSION

But Mr Ramesh intends to return to the financial services industry soon as it is his "passion".

"When I first joined insurance, the money excited me. But the excitement for money went away after a while," he said.

Asked what he learnt from the incident, he paused and said: "I have learnt what is love, betrayal, friendship, and trust. I have learnt to believe in myself.

"I understand now that all the tough times I have had earlier was life's way of preparing me for the future, and now I'm ready to start again."

this guy is obviously deluded. No insurance company would ever employ similar people again. Why?? according to my frieds they are all seen as potential trouble maker. because at the end of the day if these insurance agents don't perform, and you fire them or give a bad reference letter, they would sue you for writing a bad reference letter. If they are incompetent and you write a good reference letter the potential employer might sue the previous employer for giving misguided info to sabotage. obviously lose-lose for all emloyers. so don'tt expect any company to employ people who are too sensitive. anyway IMHO they are like bankers. overrated.it is well known in the all financial companies CEOs do not employ people who sue their previous employers because what happened to other may well happen to them in the future. simple logic.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Insurance industry in SEA would collapse overnight if they hired honest and ethical agents. These are sort of people they are after. Prudential was ready to hire him despite the letter and applied to MAS for a licence. It was MAS that offered a probationary license that they changed their mind. This guy has proven track record. When it comes to hard core sales whether cars, luxury goods, real estate, the question of ethics is far away down a hidden corridor. When the banks got into direct sales of insurance products and mortgages, and derivatives they followed the same model.

I bet you now that MAS has lifted his tag, he will be a busy boy with offers from big players. You cannot find someone who can earn consistently $2m a year easily.

this guy is obviously deluded. No insurance company would ever employ similar people again. Why?? according to my frieds they are all seen as potential trouble maker. because at the end of the day if these insurance agents don't perform, and you fire them or give a bad reference letter, they would sue you for writing a bad reference letter. If they are incompetent and you write a good reference letter the potential employer might sue the previous employer for giving misguided info to sabotage. obviously lose-lose for all emloyers. so don'tt expect any company to employ people who are too sensitive. anyway IMHO they are like bankers. overrated.it is well known in the all financial companies CEOs do not employ people who sue their previous employers because what happened to other may well happen to them in the future. simple logic.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Insurance industry in SEA would collapse overnight if they hired honest and ethical agents. These are sort of people they are after. Prudential was ready to hire him despite the letter and applied to MAS for a licence. It was MAS that offered a probationary license that they changed their mind. This guy has proven track record. When it comes to hard core sales whether cars, luxury goods, real estate, the question of ethics is far away down a hidden corridor. When the banks got into direct sales of insurance products and mortgages, and derivatives they followed the same model.

I bet you now that MAS has lifted his tag, he will be a busy boy with offers from big players. You cannot find someone who can earn consistently $2m a year easily.

A couple of things to bear in mind - from what i've been told, even though he is not exceptionally well-educated, he still managed to build himself up from very little; he ran a team so just like with the team of investment bankers on a particular desk, he acts as the one at the top of the pyramid and creaming off his share from the team so hitting the target of $2m was not a one man effort; he is also one of those siao on in NS types and actually asked for an extension to reservist for 10 years, very pro PAP (of course) and made it a point to pay all his taxes (as he was known to boast to his team about the amount of taxes he paid)...he's got a way back in to the market and his rainmaker status and stats further splashed in the press... for someone who had very little to start off he did work and find his way up so cant knock him for that...

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A couple of things to bear in mind - from what i've been told, even though he is not exceptionally well-educated, he still managed to build himself up from very little; he ran a team so just like with the team of investment bankers on a particular desk, he acts as the one at the top of the pyramid and creaming off his share from the team so hitting the target of $2m was not a one man effort; he is also one of those siao on in NS types and actually asked for an extension to reservist for 10 years, very pro PAP (of course) and made it a point to pay all his taxes (as he was known to boast to his team about the amount of taxes he paid)...he's got a way back in to the market and his rainmaker status and stats further splashed in the press... for someone who had very little to start off he did work and find his way up so cant knock him for that...

he will do well with kiyosaki's recent venture and seminars in real estate pyramid schemes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I won't be surprised that he goes back to AXA as the previous CEO who wrote the scathing letter was kicked out.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spoken like a true salesman. Talk cock sia. If his family left him, they would be worse off! If EVERYONE left him, it says more about the man than anything else.