• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Cancer, getting more common these days...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Scroobal. See what I mean?

I hope that when you guys here get cancer please hor please don't go to a doctor. Just go and die. Don't pass go don't collect $200.

All talk big. When suffering in pain will sure go doctor.

I hate sinkies their attitude stinks.

I am so glad I got away from these God forsaken fucking sinkies.

I pray that sinkies die a horrible death.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
if people knew how to take care of themselves by eating the right foods in the right combinations, we wouldn't need these scum sucking leeches known as doctors.

i've yet to see a doctor who has cured himself of cancer using his own medicine. CUNTS!

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does having certain meat increase getting cancer?

Or being a vegetarian eliminates the possiblity of having cancer?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You dumb nuts! Whether you get cancer is mostly random. Very little to do with food exercise etc.

It is exactly these know it alls who are so confident that they live and eat so healthy when they kena cancer they get so depressed they end up commit suicide.

The bigger you are the harder you fall.

I wish those guys a painful death no matter what the cause is. Arrogant Assholes.

We all gotta die lah. The success stories and patients saved from cancer etc nobody reports or talks about. All the bad stories make the news. Singapore is full of shit: sinkies believe and swear by shit times.

Salma Khalik love to sensationalize and whack the medical profession and the sinkies lap it up.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does having certain meat increase getting cancer?

Or being a vegetarian eliminates the possiblity of having cancer?

Diet is a big factor. Cancer cells feed on sugar. There is a trend now for cancer patients to go on zero carb organic diets and apparently the results are promising

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cancer cells feed on sugar. There is a trend now for cancer patients to go on zero carb organic diets and apparently the results are promising

no one really knows…..least of all doctors.

99.9% of humans produce glucose (sugar) as fuel for their bodies to run on….so cancer cells feed on that. The new Ketogenic diets (low carb, moderate protein, high fat) aim to replace sugar with fat as fuel for the body to burn. who's to say cancer cells won't adapt to feeding on fat…after all, it's yummy.

it could be the industrialisation of food processes that supports cancer….like the chemicals in meat to begin with. Singos eat to much meat to begin with…every meal has meat.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if we eat less processed food, less chance of getting cancer. There are also many people using microwave oven for cooking. I think this is cancer causing too.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides cancer cells other abnormal cells in the human also thrive on glucose.

The spotlight is now on refined sugar as the new villain in healthcare. Honestly human beings only started consuming such large amounts of sugar in the last 100 years and I'm sure the human body hasn't evolved quick enough to handle that

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect that there is a high incidence of cancer & heart problem because of the bad diet & environment that exists in Spore today.

Seen my older relatives living until their 70's without any problems. The problem like cancer only hit them in their 70's. If you look at the current generation many are getting cancers in their 20's & 30's. Heart problems are occuring at younger ages.

My interest is with heart problems & many problems can be traced to diet & lifestyle. You find unhealthy engineered cooking oils, hydrogenated oils used in foods, msg used in prepared foods, all kinds of additives used, irradiated foods, genetically modified foods, ... etc

Our gov't has failed Sporeans. They have allowed these dangerous foods into the country. For example LHL has allowed rice from Japan into Spore when other gov'ts have banned them from being imported.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if we eat less processed food, less chance of getting cancer. There are also many people using microwave oven for cooking. I think this is cancer causing too.

Let's not limit to cancer. Eating 'clean' is good to our body in general. I used to eat to enjoy but stopped when all kinds of problems set in. When young my body can take the garbage. Now old, the organs cannot clear the toxins.

In the thread on that 50 yr old model, he claimed that he eat less rice, more fish, eggs, chicken breast and lots of water. Interestingly, those are exactly what I am eating now. I have gobe through a long process (about 1 year) of elimination of food that makes me suffer and ended up with those items. Just to add one more, not all fruits are good. Berries are the best.

Just to share my experience after 1 year of suffering of pains and aches.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the thread on that 50 yr old model, he claimed that he eat less rice, more fish, eggs, chicken breast and lots of water.

that guy is definitely on Keto….6 poached eggs with lots grilled veggies sounds like it. your pains come from eating inflammatory foods….foods that actually inflame tissue…grains are the main cause of this….i would drink a lot more cherry and celery juice (separately) if i were you.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's learn from the world's longest lived people — the Okinawans. Lots of fresh produce, fibre, fish, anti-oxidant-rich foods; little meat — mainly lean pork.

Why Japan’s Longest-Lived Women Hold the Key to Better Health

04/07/2015 08:08 am ET | Updated Jun 07, 2015
By Dan Buettner

n-OKINAWA-628x314.jpg

It took me two days to convince Gozei Shinzato to show me her arsenal of longevity supplements, but, in the end, she delivered.

Before me lay at least five compounds that could explain how the spry centenarian had eluded the diseases of aging to reach her 104th year with the flexibility of a yogi and the frenetic energy of a Chihuahua. She showed me one supercharged supplement that fights breast cancer by reducing blood estrogen; a proven antimalarial agent that she uses to keep her stomach healthy; and another supplement that has been shown to help regulate metabolism, maintain low blood pressure, treat gallstones, and work as a prophylactic for hangovers.

While this may sound like the inventory of a well-stocked medicine cabinet, we were actually standing in Shinzato’s kitchen garden. The “supplements” on display were Okinawan sweet potatoes, soybeans, mugwort, turmeric, and goya (bitter melon). All of these grew in neat rows, just 15 steps outside of her house.

The day before, I’d traveled to her village in northern Okinawa with two longevity experts, gerontologist Craig Willcox, who along with his brother Bradley wrote the New York Times best seller The Okinawa Diet Plan, and Greg Plotnikoff, a U.S.-trained physician and authority on integrative medicine. We spent the day interviewing Shinzato about her diet, observing her lifestyle, and watching her prepare a traditional Okinawan meal. In the cool hours of the day, she worked in her gardens. At lunch, she mixed homemade miso into a saucepan of water. She spooned in fresh carrots, radishes, shiitake mushrooms, and tofu, and let it heat. Meanwhile, she moved up and down the kitchen wiping clean the counters, sink, and even the window. When it was ready she poured her warmed soup into a bowl, gazed at it for a few moments, and murmured,“Hara hachi bu.” This Confucian adage, intoned like a prayer before every meal, reminded her to stop eating when she was 80 percent full.

After lunch, she read comic books or watched a baseball game on television and napped. Neighbors stopped by every afternoon, and a couple of days a week her moai— four women who, together with Shinzato, had at a young age committed to one another for life — stopped by for mugwort tea and conversation. Whenever things had gotten rough in Shinzato’s life, when she’d run short of cash or when her husband had died 46 years ago, she’d counted on her moai and the Okinawan sense of social obligation — yuimaru — to support her. Her friends had relied on a lifetime of Shinzato’s support in return.

The Rise and Fall of Great Longevity Diet

Okinawa is sort of a Japanese Hawaii — an exotic, laid-back group of islands with warm weather, palm trees, and sugar-sand beaches. For almost a thousand years, this Pacific archipelago has maintained a reputation for nurturing extreme longevity. Okinawans over the age of 65 enjoy the world’s highest life expectancy: Men are expected to live to about 84, while women are expected to live to almost age 90. They suffer only a fraction of diseases that kill Americans: a fifth the rate of cardiovascular disease, a fifth the rate of breast and prostate cancer, and less than half the rate of dementia seen among similarly aged Americans.

All Okinawans age 100 or more who are alive today were born between 1903 and 1914. During the first third of their lives, roughly before 1940, the vast majority of the calories they consumed — more than 60 percent — came from one food: the imo, or Okinawan sweet potato. A purple or yellow variety related to our orange sweet potato, the imo came here from the Americas about 400 years ago and took well to Okinawan soils. This sweet potato — high in flavonoids, vitamin C, fiber, carotenoids, and slow-burning carbohydrates — is one of the healthiest foods on the planet.

The traditional Okinawan diet was about 80 percent carbohydrates. Before 1940 Okinawans also consumed fish at least three times per week together with seven servings of vegetables and maybe one or two servings of grain per day. They also ate two servings of flavonoid-rich soy, usually in the form of tofu. They didn’t eat much fruit; they enjoyed a few eggs a week. Dairy and meat represented only about 3 percent of their calories. On special occasions, usually during the Lunar New Year, people butchered the family pig and feasted on pork.

The meat in their diet gave me pause. When I first struck off on my Blue Zones research in 2000, I was absolutely convinced that I’d find that a vegan diet yielded the greatest health and life expectancy. So when I discovered that older Okinawans not only ate pork but loved it, I thought their example must be an outlier — that they were living long despite pork. Pork is high in saturated fat, which, when consumed in excess, often leads to heart disease. But again, we learn a few lessons. Okinawans stewed the pork for days, cooking out and skimming off the fat. What they ate, in the end, was the high-protein collagen.

Fast-Food Invasion

As healthful as they were, some of these Okinawan food traditions foundered mid-century. Following the war, western influences — and economic prosperity — crept into traditional life and food habits changed. Okinawans doubled their rice consumption, and bread, virtually unknown before, also crept in. Milk consumption increased; meat, eggs, and poultry consumption increased more than seven-fold. Between 1949 and 1972 Okinawans’ daily intake increased by 400 calories. They were consuming more than 200 calories per day more than they needed — like Americans. Cancers of the lung, breast, and colon almost doubled.

Yet older Okinawans, whose diets had solidified before that time period, are the world’s longest-lived people
2015-04-06-1428343907-9524763-1949jpokokokodiet.png

2015-04-06-1428343487-9156833-1989JPOK.png

Top Longevity Foods from Okinawa

BITTER MELONS: Known as goyain Okinawa, bitter melon is often served with other vegetables in a stir-fried dish called goya champuru, the national dish and cornerstone of the Okinawan diet. Recent studies found bitter melon an “effective anti-diabetic” as powerful as pharmaceuticals in helping to regulate blood sugar.

TOFU: Tofu is to Okinawans what bread is to the French and potatoes are to Eastern Europeans: a daily habit. Okinawans eat about eight times more tofu than Americans do today. Along with other soy products, tofu is renowned for helping to protect the heart. Studies show that people who eat soy products in place of meat have lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which reduce their risk of heart disease.

SWEET POTATOES: Okinawan imo is a supercharged purple sweet potato, a cousin of the yellow-orange sweet varieties. Despite its sweet, satisfying taste, the imo does not spike blood sugar as much as a regular white potato. The leaves are eaten as greens in miso soup. Like other sweet potatoes, it contains antioxidants called sporamin, which possess a variety of potent antiaging properties.

TURMERIC: Ginger’s golden cousin, turmeric figures prominently in the Okinawan diet as both a spice and a tea. A powerful anticancer, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory agent, turmeric contains several compounds now under study for their antiaging properties, especially the ability to mimic caloric restriction in the body. Its compound curcumin has shown in both clinical and population studies to slow the progression of dementia — which may explain why Okinawans suffer lower rates of Alzheimer’s disease than Americans do.

BROWN RICE: In Okinawa, where centenarians eat rice every day, both brown and white rice are enjoyed. Nutritionally, brown rice is superior. Okinawan brown rice, tastier than the brown rice we know, is soaked in water to germinate until it just begins to sprout, unlocking enzymes that break down sugar and protein and giving the rice a sweet flavor and softer texture.

SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS: These smoky-flavored fungi, which grow naturally on dead bark in forests, help flavor Okinawan’s customary miso soup and stir-fries. They contain more than 100 different compounds with immune-protecting properties. Purchased dried, they can be reconstituted by soaking or by cooking in a liquid like a soup or sauce, and most of their nutritional value remains.

SEAWEEDS: (KOMBU AND WAKAME) Seaweeds in general provide a filling, low-calorie, nutrient-rich boost to the diet. Kombu and wakame are the most common seaweeds eaten in Okinawa, enhancing many soups and stews. Rich in carotenoids, folate, magnesium, iron, calcium, and iodine, they also possess at least six compounds found only in sea plants that seem to serve as effective antioxidants at the cellular level. Both are sold dried and packaged in the United States.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another group of long-lived people — the people of Bama in Guangxi, China. Again lots of fresh produce, hemp seed, pumpkin, legumes, whole grains. Little meat — mainly braised pork. Low-stress lifestyle, good air & water.

Bama: Land of Longevity
What is their secret to a long life?

By Epoch Times | August 30, 2013 AT 3:35 AM
Last Updated:
August 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Bama centenarians.

Bama, recognized worldwide as the land of longevity, is located in the Bama Yao Autonomous County in Guangxi, China. As of January 2010, there were 90 centenarians living in Bama, making 36 centenarians for every 100,000 people—five times the international average.

In the past decade, Chinese and foreign researchers have studied the Bama residents to try to find out what is responsible for their longevity. Aspects such as genetics, geography, climate, environment, and food were studied. Researchers found the sun, air, water, magnetic field, and food to be the main contributors to their longevity.

Sun. The Bama sunlight index is special. The intensity of its infrared and ultraviolet lights is just right. The reason the elderly in Bama suffer no cardiovascular diseases has much to do with the sunlight index in that area.

Studies found that Bama has different sunlight indexes in different seasons. In order to get the best effect, one must engage in outdoor activities on a specific date, at a specific time, or during specific weather conditions.

Air. Bama’s air has a high concentration of negative oxygen ions. According to measurements, along the Bama Panyang River, there are up to 20,000 negative oxygen ions per cubic centimeter. In villages around the Panyang River there are up to 5,000 ions per cubic centimeter, many times higher than that of other industrial cities and rural areas.

Negative ions can effectively eliminate free radicals within a human body and maintain body fluids in a weak alkaline condition. As a result, the body is protected against chronic diseases, especially cancer.

Water. Bama’s water is unique. The water is naturally filtered through rivers and caves and forms in hexagonal crystals under a specific magnetic field. Hexagonal water is composed of six individual water molecules held together by common hydrogen bonds. This unique water enters the cells easily, enabling healthy metabolic activities. 

Magnetic Field. Medical experts believe that the area’s geomagnetism is an important contributing factor in Bama’s longevity. The proper magnetic field can promote blood circulation, reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease, increase immunity, coordinate brain waves, and improve the quality of sleep. 

Food. The food grown in Bama provides not only the right nutrients but also beneficial lactobacillus bacteria. This is why experts from all over Asia like to obtain bacteria from Bama.

The diet there is low in protein, fat, and cholesterol. People eat two meals a day. Some even eat only one meal a day. Most long-lived folks in Bama eat 1,400 to 1,500 calories per day.

In the Bama area, locally grown hemp seeds, tea, pumpkin, bamboo shoots, yellow corn, beans, potatoes, and whole grains provide organic and pollution-free green food for its residents.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect that there is a high incidence of cancer & heart problem because of the bad diet & environment that exists in Spore today.

Seen my older relatives living until their 70's without any problems. The problem like cancer only hit them in their 70's. If you look at the current generation many are getting cancers in their 20's & 30's. Heart problems are occuring at younger ages.

My interest is with heart problems & many problems can be traced to diet & lifestyle. You find unhealthy engineered cooking oils, hydrogenated oils used in foods, msg used in prepared foods, all kinds of additives used, irradiated foods, genetically modified foods, ... etc

Our gov't has failed Sporeans. They have allowed these dangerous foods into the country. For example LHL has allowed rice from Japan into Spore when other gov'ts have banned them from being imported.

People eat out too much.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, very informative. Also heartening to know that there is hope.

I dunno about USA. But in Canada all the patients I have who were diagnosed with cancer are still alive. Nasopharyngeal cancer guy is he sickest but still pulling through 2 years on.

Another guy lymphoma cured. But dementia now.

All the breast cancer patients detected early tumour excised and cleared.

One lady lung cancer on palliative care for like 1 year already. Just saw her last week has a lump in left breast. Doing tests to see if it is chest wall spread of the lung cancer or new breast cancer.

Another lung cancer old lady getting regular pleural taps.

I would say Calgary cancer treatment is top notch.

Mammogram detect likely breast cancer get needle biopsy 2 days later. Diagnosis confirmed get surgery done the following week. Even my patient was surprised. She said her friend had a higher grade breast cancer waited longer than her.

It depends on your family doctor and how fast he or she refers you and who is the specialist you are referred to.

I know all the good guys to refer to and I send out the referral same day I see the patient.

Singapore? Sinkies full of shit always think they know better than doctor. So go around see this and that specialist "heard" Good what not. Waste time. Lung cancer go see oncologist. Oncologist suggest chemotherapy. Wah so expensive. Chemo scary: when really should see cardiothoracic surgeon do surgery! Wasted time and opportunitiy.

So sinkies get shit care because they bring it upon themselves. No sympathies stupid sinkies!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From people that I know who had cancer diet was not a factor. Unlike heart diseases of friends you can clearly tell that it is diet. I know a lady who passed away from cancer despite her veg / fish diet. In fact i tend to eat all things moderately minus extra oil, extra salt, and known carcinogens such as barbequed meat etc.

To me it seems cancer is random except for the usual smokers and those who eat salted stuff.