• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SDP Has a Valid Case Against LHL

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY grandchildren are in their lat 20s now and will ge fedup with their uncle suka suka do things he pleases.

If they not make noises they malu themselves means they are the 3 monkeys no eye see no ear listen no mouth talk.

Lets 坐山观虎斗 .

Hopefully Familee members will come out to defend LKY's legacy and speak against the dishonourable son

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean it is better dont fight and just keep quiet?

You just need very deep pockets....and be very prepared to have judgement against you from a Singapore civil service judge presiding over a gahmen matter.

Don't forget...this is a non jury judicial system.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just need very deep pockets....and be very prepared to have judgement against you from a Singapore civil service judge presiding over a gahmen matter.

Don't forget...this is a non jury judicial system.

Did they not promise to be fair and just and to carry out their duties without fear or favour?

We will soon see CJ's judgment on TCB's appeal.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unlikely that others opposition parties will allow Chee to contest another BE. They will probably agree to Thambyah but it will be massive loss of face for him. And he will not allow it.

Anyway, there wont be a BE.

last SDP only got 31% at Marshiling. is way difficult to make a major vote swing.
yes you are right. Very unlikely that others opposition parties will allow Chee to contest another BE(1 vs 1 fight).
WP will be busy with their sue case.
NSP lose a major general is like losing a right hand.
sing first sing first sing sing first. no fight.
the rest...no substance

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing is to appoint a judge with the balls to throw the PAP buggers in jail, confiscate their properties and assets. I nominate Amos Yee to be the spupreme judge in Singapore.

Cheers!

You mean it is better dont fight and just keep quiet?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
last SDP only got 31% at Marshiling. is way difficult to make a major vote swing.
yes you are right. Very unlikely that others opposition parties will allow Chee to contest another BE(1 vs 1 fight).
WP will be busy with their sue case.
NSP lose a major general is like losing a right hand.
sing first sing first sing sing first. no fight.
the rest...no substance

no substance can do only limited damage.

But evil substance will kill Singapore like what is happening now

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing is to appoint a judge with the balls to throw the PAP buggers in jail, confiscate their properties and assets. I nominate Amos Yee to be the spupreme judge in Singapore.

Cheers!

I heard Sundaresh Menon is God fearing and I am holding on to some hope that he will be fair and just and judges wisely.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing is to appoint a judge with the balls to throw the PAP buggers in jail, confiscate their properties and assets.

Will you shoot yourself in the foot?

If I have skeletons in my closet, the last person I want is someone who has balls to tear down my closet and reveal all my skeletons.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you shoot yourself in the foot?

If I have skeletons in my closet, the last person I want is someone who has balls to tear down my closet and reveal all my skeletons.

LHL is comfortable with Lucien, Hri Kumar and Chan Sek Keong. Anyone he appoints is likely to be in the same bad mould

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not holding a by-election for a vacant parliamentary seat is really unjustifiable in a democratic sense. the court must protect the rights of voters in a representative democracy.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
not holding a by-election for a vacant parliamentary seat is really unjustifiable in a democratic sense. the court must protect the rights of voters in a representative democracy.

exactly. it appears ridiculous that a GRC team needs a minority race member and yet when she resigned, the PM doesnt see the need for a BE. It is clear from our Constitution that a GRC Team is null and void when the minority race member is out of the team

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
until it changes the law, the present law requires a minority race MP in a GRC Team. With Halimah out, there is no minority race member in Marsiling GRC.

So SDP is right to void the team an sue LHL if he doesnt call for a by-election withing three months of halimah's resignation.

The problem with LHL is he messes around with the Constitution and SG Laws but he is not a lawyer and he is not very intelligent. So his messing around creates more mess for himself. So he is firefighting and is getting stressed. That's not good for his health

He no need to know the law..just get his cronies to do it..like sham or the AG..or Davinder.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Sundaresh Menon is God fearing and I am holding on to some hope that he will be fair and just and judges wisely.

The Judges will give the government the benefit of every possible doubt. I think this is true of most countries. Else the government can be tied down by frivolous suits to the detriment of the country. However when the issues are crystal clear the Judges have to follow the law. To me if it is necessary to call a by-election for a SMC when the incumbent MP departs, it is doubly so when a minority candidate in a GRC leaves. The GRC is focused on minority representation. To claim no bye-election is necessary is to call the GRC scheme as a sham. The likes of CCS not addressing this point exposes the intellectual vacuum at the top of the adminstration.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Judges will give the government the benefit of every possible doubt. I think this is true of most countries. Else the government can be tied down by frivolous suits to the detriment of the country. However when the issues are crystal clear the Judges have to follow the law. To me if it is necessary to call a by-election for a SMC when the incumbent MP departs, it is doubly so when a minority candidate in a GRC leaves. The GRC is focused on minority representation. To claim no bye-election is necessary is to call the GRC scheme as a sham. The likes of CCS not addressing this point exposes the intellectual vacuum at the top of the adminstration.

I agree with your views. That's why I also said that SDP has valid case against LHL. Since LHL has ignored SDP's demand, I hope SDP has today taken steps to bring LHL to Court.

Not calling a BE election at marsiling despite halimah's leaving makes a mockery of the GRC system

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sdp can't even win a SMC against a second or even third tier Tamil candidate, don't think they can do well in Masailing GRC where the logistical requirements are much greater.

Since the court already issue the landmark ruling on HGBE, SDP should bring PAP to court on the same ground. The court is the battleground where pap fears rather than BE itself. Pap is not afraid to contest against sdp in an election but they don't want to open a precedent for future case against holding BE especially in a GRC.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sdp can't even win a SMC against a second or even third tier Tamil candidate, don't think they can do well in Masailing GRC where the logistical requirements are much greater.

Since the court already issue the landmark ruling on HGBE, SDP should bring PAP to court on the same ground. The court is the battleground where pap fears rather than BE itself. Pap is not afraid to contest against sdp in an election but they don't want to open a precedent for future case against holding BE especially in a GRC.

For Marsiling BE, the primary issue is to bring LHL to court and get a judgment to force him to have a BE.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL does not have unfettered discretion whether to hold a by-election at Marsiling as Halimah has resigned. SDP has a valid case to bring LHL to court as Halimah is a minority but essential part of the GRC. Halimah is a key member of the GRC team. Without a minority member, the marsiling GRC team does not fulfil the spirit of the Constitution.

I hope SDP take up the case against LHL with SG Court as soon as possible.

No case. Marsilly so small no need four MPs lah. Two is enough.