• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Flashback Monday - What happened to these people?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to these people..... this is a thread where you can post and enquire on what happened to a person - died, left the country, had a sex change op etc.

Let me start with this imbecile...1) Uncle Yap

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/disillusioned-uncle-yap-done-selfish-opposition-politics

28163184.JPG

Disillusioned ‘Uncle Yap’ done with selfish opposition politics

BY
KELLY NG
[email protected]ISHED: 4:00 AM, DECEMBER 1, 2016UPDATED: 9:53 AM, DECEMBER 1, 2016
SINGAPORE — A well-known political activist, he had been seen by the side of leaders of various opposition parties for almost two decades, from the 1980s to mid-2000s.

During the 2006 General Election, there was even talk of Mr Yap Keng Ho, better known as “Uncle Yap”, contesting under the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) umbrella.

But little has been heard of this colourful character — who had been in and out of jail many times for breaking the law while participating in some political activities — for the past five years.

In a recent interview, Mr Yap, 55, told TODAY that he gradually stepped away from the local political scene because he grew disillusioned with some of the personalities in opposition parties and the “selfish politics” that were increasingly being played out.

“What we are seeing now is politicking for personal interest and freedom, it is not for the good of the entire nation ... I was expecting to see more valuable voices and ideas by reversing the fear (of the establishment) ... But what came out was not what I appreciated.”

Mr Yap said he first entered politics in the 1980s with a desire to “lift the lid of fear” that many opposition politicians had towards the governing People’s Action Party (PAP) and Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.

During the 2006 election, even though he did not contest as a candidate, Mr Yap took an active part in the hustings to express his support for SDP secretary-general Chee Soon Juan and veteran opposition politician J B Jeyaretnam, whom he described as the late Mr Lee’s greatest adversaries.

The late Jeyaretnam could not run as a candidate in the polls because he had been declared a bankrupt for failing to pay damages from defamation lawsuits brought by several PAP leaders.

While he still keeps in touch with SDP members, Mr Yap spends most of his time now caring for his elderly mother and drives a Chrysler limousine taxi at night.

Two months ago, he was highlighted in the newspapers as the cabbie who responded more than 20 times to cardiac arrest cases, among the highest number under SMRT’s AED-On-Wheels programme. Mr Yap, who was an instructor with the St John Ambulance Brigade in his school days, said he volunteered for the programme because he wanted to refresh the life-saving skills that he had learnt earlier.

Mr Yap is also interested in raising awareness about the rapid depletion of natural resources.

“The globe’s resources are not able to withstand our living and consumption habits ... We need to convey the urgency (of this challenge), adjust values to correctly influence lifestyles,” he said.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he was earning good $$ posting China military shit for his Pap masters. At his peak, it was up to a dozen articles a night. Now that Sino-Sinkie ties have improved, hie business is waning. Time to go back to driving taxi

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people do not know that Yap Keng Ho actually has huge huge huge saving from his time in California silicon valley. He earned big money when he was young at USA as software and IT consultant.
He is driving taxi to pass his time only.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many of you here have such a colourful life as Yap Keng Ho?

I’m an electronics engineer and now run my own IT consultancy business. I worked in Silicon Valley for a good four to five years and also in Los Angeles for a short while in the ‘80s. Living in the US gave me the opportunity to drive across the country from Florida to Canada, and that was an amazing experience.

http://sg.asia-city.com/city-living/article/singapore-blogger-yap-keng-ho