• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Check out of airport during stopover if tickets booked via Zuji or Expedia?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expedia is offering some pretty good deals from SIN - SHA/PVG for just $366 with Cathay Pacific the carrier. However, being cheap the stopover is more than 9 hours.

Is it possible to check out of the airport during such stopovers?

If you book directly with Cathay, it's a different deal and the connecting flight is less than 3 hours, but the fare is $620.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, did you discover flying recently? Yes you can leave the airport during the stopovers. It depends if the country require a visa. HK you are not required. Make sure you have your boarding pass with you.

Expedia is offering some pretty good deals from SIN - SHA/PVG for just $366 with Cathay Pacific the carrier. However, being cheap the stopover is more than 9 hours.

Is it possible to check out of the airport during such stopovers?

If you book directly with Cathay, it's a different deal and the connecting flight is less than 3 hours, but the fare is $620.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depends if you are checking in for one or both flights at departure in SG. If it's 9 hours transit time, more likely it's as good as flying 2 separate flights (so u can do whatever the fuck u want between them). So collect your luggage at transit airport and check in for the 2nd flight 2 hours before flight.

If you are checking in once for both flights at changi then your luggage will be automatically moved to connecting flight and you can't leave the airport.

Just be careful when you buy tickets from these websites. I've been screwed for buying "unflyable" transit flights and it's fucked up

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends if you are checking in for one or both flights at departure in SG. If it's 9 hours transit time, more likely it's as good as flying 2 separate flights (so u can do whatever the fuck u want between them). So collect your luggage at transit airport and check in for the 2nd flight 2 hours before flight.

If you are checking in once for both flights at changi then your luggage will be automatically moved to connecting flight and you can't leave the airport.

Just be careful when you buy tickets from these websites. I've been screwed for buying "unflyable" transit flights and it's fucked up

Thanks for the reminder, Bro.

Actually, I am trying to extend the stopover to 2 days instead of just 9 hours. I know I can do that with physical travel agent and in the past I used to pay an admin fee. But with online agent it's a bit tricky. They might construe it as "multi-city" flights and the price will be different.

I have never travelled from SIN to SHA/PVC. Is $620 the norm ?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, I am trying to extend the stopover to 2 days instead of just 9 hours. I know I can do that with physical travel agent and in the past I used to pay an admin fee. But with online agent it's a bit tricky. They might construe it as "multi-city" flights and the price will be different.

A 2 day "stopover" is called a "multi destination" flight.....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Never tried getting a 2 day layover flight ticket from internet. I am guessing it is as good as a getting 2 separate flights. With the travel sites you can probably get a discount for booking flights plus hotels, no?

Regarding the price I think you can consider a budget airline called Spring
Airlines (春秋航空). They fly direct to Pudong and sometimes cost 300 plus only for off peak periods. Flown with them a few times and I think they are quite decent.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never tried getting a 2 day layover flight ticket from internet. I am guessing it is as good as a getting 2 separate flights. With the travel sites you can probably get a discount for booking flights plus hotels, no?

Regarding the price I think you can consider a budget airline called Spring
Airlines (春秋航空). They fly direct to Pudong and sometimes cost 300 plus only for off peak periods. Flown with them a few times and I think they are quite decent.

Bro, thanks for the tip. I didn't know about Spring Airlines. It's a pretty good deal, but arrival in PVC is before 5 am. How did you manage it the last time ? I just discovered Pudong has a lounge. I think will spend time there until ready for check in.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah I just took the bus to Jing'an temple area (number 2?) where my hotel was. Usually the hotel lets you deposit your luggage at the concierge until check in time around noon. I go walk around and have traditional shanghainese breakfast. For breakfast you can ask Froggy. He's the expert :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a clarification. You can still leave the airport by going thru the passport control with your carry-on luggage for long lay-overs even if you checked your big bags to the final destination.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I just took the bus to Jing'an temple area (number 2?) where my hotel was. Usually the hotel lets you deposit your luggage at the concierge until check in time around noon. I go walk around and have traditional shanghainese breakfast. For breakfast you can ask Froggy. He's the expert :wink:

Froggy only knows 小笼包。

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a clarification. You can still leave the airport by going thru the passport control with your carry-on luggage for long lay-overs even if you checked your big bags to the final destination.
Oh really? Honestly I've never flown anywhere with a such a long layover. A couple of times I had to wait the airport for more than 4 hours with all my luggage before I could check in for the next flights. Heathrow was particularly fucked up because smoking was totally banned within the premises. I don't remember I had the option of leaving that fucking place too ....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh really? Honestly I've never flown anywhere with a such a long layover. A couple of times I had to wait the airport for more than 4 hours with all my luggage before I could check in for the next flights. Heathrow was particularly fucked up because smoking was totally banned within the premises. I don't remember I had the option of leaving that fucking place too ....

at changi, the tour desk will ask you to leave your carry-on luggage with baggage storage before getting out of immigration control and going on tour bus. has to pay for storage.

http://www.changiairport.com/conten...attractions-and-services/baggage-storage.html