• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Photographer screwup PM's Message

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even an entry level photographer knows this basic no no.

pm1.jpg
PM Lee Hsien Loong clarifies his National Day message was not filmed with 'green screen' backdrop

PUBLISHEDAUG 10, 2017, 7:04 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has responded to suggestions that his National Day message was filmed in a studio instead of at Bay East Garden.

Several netizens had the impression that a "green screen" was used to create the impressive backdrop - which consisted of iconic landmarks such as Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands - due to the bright lighting in his video.

The "green screen" technique is commonly used in photography and filming, which allows for a separately filmed background to be added to the final image or video.

Responding to one such comment on his Facebook post on Thursday (Aug 10), PM Lee said: "It's not a green screen. My children asked me the same question.

"We were recording on location at Bay East Garden at sunrise. Mediacorp set up extra lighting to brighten up the foreground. Maybe that's why the background looks like a backdrop."

PM Lee also uploaded a photo of himself at the filming location.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"We were recording on location at Bay East Garden at sunrise. Mediacorp set up extra lighting to brighten up the foreground. Maybe that's why the background looks like a backdrop."
perhaps more to brighten up his forearm and show off his new mini-muscle :confused:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This kind of thing so boliao also want to comment..the pm has nothing better to do? I did not know running the country is so easy that the pm has so much spare time to make stupid comments

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of thing so boliao also want to comment..the pm has nothing better to do? I did not know running the country is so easy that the pm has so much spare time to make stupid comments

He better be bo liao then to open his mouth and spew the wrong things at the wrong time. His personal trait proven in the past.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy spend so much attention on his Facebook not realising that his minders have moderated it to his advantage that he is addressing his audience of sycophants and its a captive lot. A response of this nature carries so much weight for these PAP activists that in his mind its worth it. Its like the emperor with no clothes.

If he was smart and has indeed leadership qualities he would field questions that makes a difference to this country and its people. It not be a full-on discussion but to keep the country abreast of things that are important.

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy spend so much attention on his Facebook not realising that his minders have moderated it to his advantage that he is addressing his audience of sycophants and its a captive lot. A response of this nature carries so much weight for these PAP activists that in his mind its worth it. Its like the emperor with no clothes.

If he was smart and has indeed leadership qualities he would field questions that makes a difference to this country and its people. It not be a full-on discussion but to keep the country abreast of things that are important.

I am more concerned that preschool education and preventing diabetes become two of his three key topics during his national day message, while our country is facing multiple urgent issues such as the rapid rise of China and our worsening ties with them; the implication of USA under Trump's presidency for us; North Korea nuclear issue; Sino-Indian issue; strategic implication of China's heavy infrastructural investment in Malaysia etc.

He should talk about how we could work together as a nation to tackle these challenges. Instead, he talked about preschool education and diabetes in such an important occasion.

Double-confirmed: we are doomed!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. You can see that his priorities are targeted to his own captive audience. Imagine Pre-school is a national issue???? And you would have thought that jobs would come into play.

I am more concerned that preschool education and preventing diabetes become two of his three key topics during his national day message, while our country is facing multiple urgent issues such as the rapid rise of China and our worsening ties with them; the implication of USA under Trump's presidency for us; North Korea nuclear issue; Sino-Indian issue; strategic implication of China's heavy infrastructural investment in Malaysia etc.

He should talk about how we could work together as a nation to tackle these challenges. Instead, he talked about preschool education and diabetes in such an important occasion.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Agree. You can see that his priorities are targeted to his own captive audience. Imagine Pre-school is a national issue????

Bro,

Pinky is barking up the wrong tree. To increase the median educational level to high school and above, the key is allowing the preschool kids to learn through play, to learn through failing and further exploration. The way they're gonna institutionalised this pre-school process will seriously fuck up the next generation. The problem is even more deep rooted: rising costs of living that doesn't allow at least one parent to stay home to look after that growing child, the parents equally at fault for spoiling these young brats.

If it were me, I'll place these parents-to-be in bootcamp first.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Media corp is full of useless technical staff who are relics of a bygone age….most of them have been there for 30+ years so the mediacorp way is their gold standard.

Look at how poorly the PM has been framed and lit….they even managed to make MBS and GBTB look crap…that takes some doing.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't we all know he is deep in love with his FB! He likes to read only the good stuff!:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I absolutely agree. Look at the West, the kids develop social skills, creativity and other development skills. PM childhood involved studying 4 languages all with tuition. So he might not get it.

The expats we get here are also not the cream but wannabes and they are into hot house nonsense in a big way with expensive fees.

Bro,

Pinky is barking up the wrong tree. To increase the median educational level to high school and above, the key is allowing the preschool kids to learn through play, to learn through failing and further exploration. The way they're gonna institutionalised this pre-school process will seriously fuck up the next generation. The problem is even more deep rooted: rising costs of living that doesn't allow at least one parent to stay home to look after that growing child, the parents equally at fault for spoiling these young brats.

If it were me, I'll place these parents-to-be in bootcamp first.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am.surprised LHL did not question those who asked,

who are you?what is your name? who is your employer? which school.you come from?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Triple confirmed. We are doomed if pre-school and diabetes are included in the "national agenda" - at best, these are sub-strategies. At worst, these are what the two or three ministers in these ministries are meant to do.

If want to talk about pre-school, maybe someone should remind him of the $500million that Temasick lost Downunder over some "long term" investment in some kindergarten chain which went bust.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Triple confirmed. We are doomed if pre-school and diabetes are included in the "national agenda" - at best, these are sub-strategies. At worst, these are what the two or three ministers in these ministries are meant to do.

If want to talk about pre-school, maybe someone should remind him of the $500million that Temasick lost Downunder over some "long term" investment in some kindergarten chain which went bust.

I agree. I would have preferred this 3 issues instead

1) tackling sinkies inability to make babies once and for all.

Ban condoms outright. End abortions unless the kid is going to be born handicap or retarded. Nationalize preschools so that sinkies can no longer use this lame excuse to not make babies.

2) The Chinkland threat
We need the F-35 and we fucking need it now. We also need better drones for military use instead for voyeur purposes only. Form a real alliance to fuck chinkland over the SCS. And finally, we should get nukes, S400, Iron Dome or THAAD missile system. Preferably get them all

3) The Oppie Threat
Get the CPIB to step in and finish off WP once and for all. Once WP is out of the way, PAP is in a good position to win all the seats again.

twentyfour

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt has been playing fakery with the political system, our CPF, our manpower and immigration policies, our transportation infrastructure, our civil liberties for decades already. A fake screen should be the least of our concerns.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should have a fake CGI LKY to deliver the NDP rally speech in 2020 .. will sure achieve the 70% winning margin again

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isaiah 56 9:12 is a good description of what Singapore is currently like under the PAP, Civil Service and Grassroots Activists.

9 All you beasts of the field, come to devour—
all you beasts in the forest.

10 His watchmen are blind;
they are all without knowledge;
they are all silent dogs;
they cannot bark,
dreaming, lying down,
loving to slumber.

11 The dogs have a mighty appetite;
they never have enough.
But they are shepherds who have no understanding;
they have all turned to their own way,
each to his own gain, one and all.

12 “Come,” they say, “let me get wine;
let us fill ourselves with strong drink;
and tomorrow will be like this day,
great beyond measure.”

Agree. You can see that his priorities are targeted to his own captive audience. Imagine Pre-school is a national issue???? And you would have thought that jobs would come into play.