• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious B W Monastery - Grand Opening

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
..............................................................................................................................................................

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-11-14-30-57_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-11-14-30-57_1.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,309

creampie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boon Wan Monastery? pray to the gods for the timely service of SMRT trains. one joss stick for each train to arrive on time. Amitabha...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A Buddhist monastery to serve Singapore's north officially opened on Friday (Aug 11).

The BW Monastery, slightly smaller than a football field, can hold 1,200 people in total.

In addition to a prayer shrine, the temple houses facilities such as a 400-person multipurpose hall, a library, classrooms and a museum.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A Buddhist monastery to serve Singapore's north officially opened on Friday (Aug 11).

The BW Monastery, slightly smaller than a football field, can hold 1,200 people in total.

In addition to a prayer shrine, the temple houses facilities such as a 400-person multipurpose hall, a library, classrooms and a museum.

Should invite Pukimah to cut ribbon !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boon Wan Monastery? pray to the gods for the timely service of SMRT trains. one joss stick for each train to arrive on time. Amitabha...

BW Monastery wishes to inform you, that, they wish to apologise that, your prayers are not properly received at the moment, for they still testing out the new 'signals'; kindly bear with us, for it is not easy to run a monastery, so many things to do..."Ommmmm".:biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe in that ah neh sat under banyan tree all day and stated the obvious of life to tge poor nust be kuku chiow.

Hungry he go beg for food. Jiakleowbee.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Wrong religion Buddhism don't have god or gods so please wait long long

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Believe in that ah neh sat under banyan tree all day and stated the obvious of life to tge poor nust be kuku chiow.

Hungry he go beg for food. Jiakleowbee.

Buddhism is the perfect religion for the poor,Christianity is for the up and coming rich and middle class sinkies.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fake Buddhists pray. True Buddhists meditate on the four frames of reference.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.010.than.html

That's practically like 99% of the buddhists are fake.

I know of many buddhists. Overwhelming majority of them pray to God for good health, good luck and safety. The 1% or less who believe in your crap are in decline, most of the time committing demographic suicide by your impossible demands and decision to remain celibate. Good riddance to your group within the next 10-15 years, when you are reduced to an insignificant demographic speck.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know of many buddhists. Overwhelming majority of them pray to God for good health, good luck and safety. The 1% or less who believe in your crap are in decline, most of the time committing demographic suicide by your impossible demands and decision to remain celibate. Good riddance to your group within the next 10-15 years, when you are reduced to an insignificant demographic speck.

Adheres perfectly to the principle of inconstancy. Has always been so since the inconstruable beginning of time.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Buddhism is the perfect religion for the poor,Christianity is for the up and coming rich and middle class sinkies.

That's actually a misconception. Jesus in the bible reached out to the poor and sick, not to the rich and middle class.

Rich and middle class are often associated with Christians even though there are rich buddhists, taoists, atheists, muslims around. This is because by now, at least in the singapore context, most people can tell that if a christian is far more likely to be better educated and earn more than the average non-christian.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

practically that 99% are as ignorance as you.
that 99% claimed to be buddhist and you believed them.
i tell u i am a most-limp and eating pork,
without any research and analysis ,
you concludes that i am a fake most-limp

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
practically that 99% are as ignorance as you.
that 99% claimed to be buddhist and you believed them.
i tell u i am a most-limp and eating pork,
without any research and analysis ,
you concludes that i am a fake most-limp

Don't really care whether you are real or fake most-limp. The crap that you are preaching doesn't relate to the average religious believer. I only care that within a decade or so, your group becomes demographically insignificant.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's actually a misconception. Jesus in the bible reached out to the poor and sick, not to the rich and middle class.

Rich and middle class are often associated with Christians even though there are rich buddhists, taoists, atheists, muslims around. This is because by now, at least in the singapore context, most people can tell that if a christian is far more likely to be better educated and earn more than the average non-christian.

ur wrong actually,how i know buddhism is a religion for the poor is because its a free of charge religion and the pioneer generation and the baby boomer generation and my granparents are constantly praying to their buddhist gods for a stroke of luck,good fortune rather than trying to change themselves or their lives logically,some 4d numbers anything,a brief respite from their miserable poor peasant lives .while christianity commands a certain class and prestige and usually requires a 10 percent surcharge or levy to join.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ur wrong actually,how i know buddhism is a religion for the poor is because its a free of charge religion and the pioneer generation and the baby boomer generation and my granparents are constantly praying to their buddhist gods for a stroke of luck,good fortune rather than trying to change themselves or their lives logically,some 4d numbers anything,a brief respite from their miserable poor peasant lives .while christianity commands a certain class and prestige and usually requires a 10 percent surcharge or levy to join.

is sg, anything angmo or angmo pai is upper crass. will get you up the social ladder. angmo (in sg context) is still da best!

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who cares about the average and the boring! The lists of the richest sinkies were topped by a non-christian for nearly all the years since i started to read about them in newspapers. I remember when i was younger it was kwek hong png, then khoo teck puat, then ng teng fong (before kena the deathbed conversion). Asia's current richest man is not a christian either. A man's time on earth is limited. Spend too much time on useless pursuit like religion will end up like you, a nobody.