Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madam President Featured In NDP2017 Booklet Instead of Lame Duck KFC!

My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

Default Madam President Featured In NDP2017 Booklet Instead of Lame Duck KFC!

Please see the attached photo.

Yesterday, I saw something truly disturbing in the NDP booklets. National Day had become Halimah Yacob Day! When I opened the NDP booklet, to my horror, I saw Halimah's face staring back at me.

It is not a norm for the Speaker of Parliament to be featured in NDP booklets. Normally, the president is the one who should be featured there. Why is the National Day Parade being politicized to promote Halimah and her campaign to be Singapore's third Indian president?

I find it very frustrating to see Halimah being featured all the time when there are more important things that concern Singaporeans.

Benjamin
    A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...ed-ndp-booklet
    FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

Default Re: Madam President Featured In NDP2017 Booklet Instead of Lame Duck KFC!

Truly a deceitful state. She is forbidden to campaign until after nomination and she holds a law degree. Even if ever there is a son or daughter of Singapore who meet all the conditions for EP how are they going to compete against the massive machinery of the state. No one in his right mind however qualified is going to throw their hat in the ring.

My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

Default Re: Madam President Featured In NDP2017 Booklet Instead of Lame Duck KFC!

Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Truly a deceitful state. She is forbidden to campaign until after nomination and she holds a law degree. Even if ever there is a son or daughter of Singapore who meet all the conditions for EP how are they going to compete against the massive machinery of the state. No one in his right mind however qualified is going to throw their hat in the ring.
    And sinkies in their right frame of mind will vote Halimah!

Champion. LOL!

My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

Yep, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nayr69sg View Post
    And sinkies in their right frame of mind will vote Halimah!

Champion. LOL!

My Reputation Points: 249 / Power: 0

A north korea state under supreme commander lhl.

My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

ok lah for madam speaker of parleement to grace the foreskin, oops i mean foreword, of ndp booklet.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

next NDP parade all women have to wear Tudung.

My Reputation Points: 249 / Power: 0

His sister was right to say he is dishonourable person. A low self esteem leader.

Omg better migrate before he put on his BG uniform send his tankie brother start a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by tanwahtiu View Post
    His sister was right to say he is dishonourable person. A low self esteem leader.

Omg better migrate before he put on his BG uniform send his tankie brother start a civil war.
    Already migrated liao.

You no action talk only right? 69.9% samsters are NATO. And samsters already are the 31.1%.

LOL!

My Reputation Points: 70 / Power: 0

My Reputation Points: 2391 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by tanwahtiu View Post

His tankee brother hates him. And its spelt tankee, not tankie. And I support Yang all the way. If Yang is tank commander, I will be his gunner. Watch me drop a BOT on Gay Loong's ass from 2500 m.

My Reputation Points: 366 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    It is disturbing that Mdm Halimah does not have the good sense not to lend her name to this. In the first place, there was no need. She would have been front runner in any case. The only reason for this is to intimidate other possible candidates. The PAP really has no style.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    It is disturbing that Mdm Halimah does not have the good sense not to lend her name to this. In the first place, there was no need. She would have been front runner in any case. The only reason for this is to intimidate other possible candidates. The PAP really has no style.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Reputation Points: 298 / Power: 0

In the commercial world...this is called product placement.

In the PAP world...this is a dirty tactics.

My Reputation Points: 139 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    In the commercial world...this is called product placement.

In the PAP world...this is a dirty tactics.
    In particular as she had already resigned "with immediate effect" from that specific role on Monday 7 August and is now just a civilian. She could have easily waited till after 9 Aug but obviously all part of the choreography....But details details......

Last edited by gatehousethetinkertailor; 11-08-2017 at 02:10 AM.

My Reputation Points: 298 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by gatehousethetinkertailor View Post
    In particular as she had already resigned from that specific role on Monday 7 August and is now just a civilian. But details details......
    Even before the actual polling day itself...such arrogance and deceit.

No other candidates coming forward? Looking like a walk over and absolutely no chance of spoiled or protest votes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Even before the actual polling day itself...such arrogance and deceit.

No other candidates coming forward? Looking like a walk over and absolutely no chance of spoiled or protest votes.
    What happen to Ah Bock appeal?
    Still no news!

My Reputation Points: 772 / Power: 10

Its very difficult to sympathise with a population whose intelligence has been been insulted day in and out and yet 70% acted like "mat bodoh" .

I shiver to think what kind of tragedy must happen before they wake up?
    How many lives must be lost first?
    Last edited by borom; 11-08-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    "The Taiwanese are ruthless, Hong Kongers are shameless and Singaporeans are ignorant."

My Reputation Points: 1847 / Power: 9

Quote Originally Posted by borom View Post
    Its very difficult to sympathise with a population whose intelligence has been been insulted day in and out and yet 70% acted like "mat bodoh"
    I think you meant to say 'buat bodoh' – to act 'blur'.

Sadly, the 70% aren't acting 'blur' ... they're really blur. In my discussion groups the commonest theory floated round is that Singaporeans are not suffering enough. Yes, life's tough, joblessness is going up, cost of living is among the highest in the world, zilch work-life balance, but compared with many developing countries we're much better off. All it takes is for something like the Great Depression or a prolonged deflationary spiral to hit us, and even the dumbest Singaporeans will rise up in revolt.

But my retort is: can we be sure that when things get that bad we can wake up in time to save this country? Like frogs placed in slowly boiling water, it might be too late when we finally realize what's happening – we'd be boiled alive.
    Last edited by yellowarse; 11-08-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Thread Information