• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Malaysia might station Chinese rocket launchers in Johor to threaten us, thanks PAP

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Malaysia might station Chinese rocket launchers in Johor to threaten us, thanks P

Even a half baked army would not put its assets next to to the border unless they are mobilising. It also sends the wrong message and even if they go ahead and do just what is reported, we are not going to going to let it happen. Its practically an act of war. This is 101 even for a banana republic's military academy.

It is China"s birthday gift for Singapore for her National Day...if the report is true.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Malaysia might station Chinese rocket launchers in Johor to threaten us, thanks P

Malaysia denies report of China's offer of rocket launchers, radar system for Johor

10 Aug 2017 09:03PM
Asia Pacific
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's defence ministry has denied a report that China has offered Malaysia advanced rocket launchers and a radar system to be based in Johor - the state closest to Singapore.

Deputy Defence Minister Johari Baharum told Channel NewsAsia on Thursday (Aug 10) that no such offer had been made.

"No such thing. No such discussion. So you ask the Malaysian Insight, ask them," he said when asked if the defence ministry is aware of such a deal which was first reported by the Malaysian Insight, a KL-based news website.

Malaysia's defence minister's office has also issued a denial to Channel NewsAsia. They said their ministry is unaware of any such deal.

According to the Malaysian Insight report, a high-level delegation led by President Xi Jinping's special envoy had reportedly made the offer on Wednesday (Aug 9), while in Malaysia for the launch of a railway project financed by China.

The news portal, quoting China-based sources, said up to 12 units of the AR3 multiple launch rocket system would be shipped to Malaysia in a purchase programme with a loan period of 50 years.

The report said the rocket system with a top range of 220km would be located in Johor along with a radar system.

But at the groundbreaking event of the East Coast Ral Link project on Wednesday, Malaysia's Treasury secretary-general said he was not aware of any such deal.

Speaking to reporters at the event, Irwan Serigar said: "This is the first time I'm hearing of this, from you."

In May, the Malaysian Insight reported that the Chinese president had raised concerns about the presence of Islamic State in the region, during Prime Minister Najib's visit to Beijing.

It was then that he reportedly offered to install air defence and radar systems as a joint initiative to combat terrorism and gather intelligence.

But defence analysts Channel NewsAsia spoke to have questioned the accuracy of the report and the rationale behind placing rocket launchers in Johor, given there is already one at the Gemas Military camp north of the state's capital.

Dzirhan Mahadzir from Jane's Defence Weekly's Malaysia correspondent questioned the accuracy of the report quoting China based sources.

He said it is "very unlikely" Malaysia would position the rocket launch system in Johor as there are already two such units in Gemas where there is a military facility.

"As for radar system, there is already one in Bukit Ibam, Pahang and another in Bukit Lunchu Johor, why is there a need for another radar system?" he added.

Malaysia and Singapore have their own defence cooperation as well.

Both are in the Five Power Defence Arrangement - one of the world's oldest military partnerships - along with UK, Australia and New Zealand.

What is missing from this? Where is the Chinese denial that they offered the MLRS to the Mats? They are keeping really quiet on this. If they did not make the offer as the mats claim, then they should just say so or issue a joint statement with the mats.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have posted their denial on both their official Facebook and twitter accounts.

What is missing from this? Where is the Chinese denial that they offered the MLRS to the Mats? They are keeping really quiet on this. If they did not make the offer as the mats claim, then they should just say so or issue a joint statement with the mats.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Great news for vile pappies.
They'll turn crisis in opportunity.....Defense Budget can go up again. Huat ah!
New bogeyman to scare and rally the dumbfucks for votes next GE.
Dun worry all pappies will run Road with their plundered wealth before war breaks out

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Huh? The communist chinks use Facebook and Twitter?
hahahahhaha, you caught him. I thought Facebook was banned in China, also twitter.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

The USAF is using Paya Lebar Air Base to spy on China. Fair.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am not mistaken, Changi naval base is the only one deep enough to take a US Carrier. I am sure they will wait for one to come to port and whack it while its a sitting target. If you had to chose between a naval base that can take a carrier and one that cannot, you will aim for the obvious choice.

PAP is not at fault. Just wait for the findings of the special ministerial committee as well as a special session of parliament to 'whitewash' mistakes, if any.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

This just shows China is a bully.. Singkieland is an independent nation and can do whatever it wants.

Malaysia is an independent nation and can do whatever it wants.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Singapore shall consider this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome

However, Johore to Singapore distance is very short, I am not sure if Iron Dome can be activated within such a short time frame.

In theory yes. iron dome is supposed to defeat very short range rockets fired from gaza strip. But not sure whether it really works. We paid for the R & D on it anyway.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

we can only bribe Johore Sultan now to ban China military equipment in Johore.
However Singapore relationship with Johore Sultan is not good due to the Singapore and Malaysia bridge project

If johor sultan wants to break away from the rest of Malaysia, as there has been occasional talk about it, a loan of tanks and fighter jets and MLRS stationed in Johor would be just perfect for him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't blow it for the rest of us. He fell for the story so might as well take him along for the ride. Its helps with the persona of a deep thinking analyst steeped in the ways of statecraft.

Huh? The communist chinks use Facebook and Twitter?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If johor sultan wants to break away from the rest of Malaysia, as there has been occasional talk about it, a loan of tanks and fighter jets and MLRS stationed in Johor would be just perfect for him.

uncle, Malaysia has MLRS for many years already. There are 09xBattery of Astrso II MLRS(54) since 2000s, even indonesia has 36 launchers at around the same time.

http://www.utusan.com.my/gaya-hidup/keluarga/tentera-darat-bedil-gemas-1.495955

the above link in melayu which i dont understand but should be a news report on malaysia army excerise at NS Gemas featuring some of malaysia army first line weapons. there a picture of the astros II live firing with the PT91 beside it.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

uncle, Malaysia has MLRS for many years already. There are 09xBattery of Astrso II MLRS(54) since 2000s, even indonesia has 36 launchers at around the same time.

http://www.utusan.com.my/gaya-hidup/keluarga/tentera-darat-bedil-gemas-1.495955

the above link in melayu which i dont understand but should be a news report on malaysia army excerise at NS Gemas featuring some of malaysia army first line weapons. there a picture of the astros II live firing with the PT91 beside it.

Normally, when I see the Malaysian army orbat, I discount the availability and serviceability of all their equipment by 50%. I think that is roughly accurate. That 50% of all their equipment on average is broken down or not able to commit to battle. So how many batteries can they really roll of their MLRS, I don't know. By comparison, the SAF equipment is always well serviced, and we are probably on 90% availability across board. However, if the Chinese "loaned" them any equipment and if said equipment were to be maintained and maybe operated by them, I would expect a higher availability then if the malaysians were to do that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Don't blow it for the rest of us. He fell for the story so might as well take him along for the ride. Its helps with the persona of a deep thinking analyst steeped in the ways of statecraft.

Nobody falls for any of the shit u spout.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

no fire no smoke.............no itchy fingers, no terrex capture

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

no fire no smoke.............no itchy fingers, no terrex capture

I agree, plus the chinese have not come out and profusely deny or denounce this news

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good point. Why waste a perfectly good analysis on the basis that its an unproven fake news. I would suggest the PRC govt firmly deny the story or ignore the detractors. We all know that the Malaysian government are telling lies.

I agree, plus the chinese have not come out and profusely deny or denounce this news

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. If Sultan of JOHOR wants breakaway from KL. The MLRS comes in handy. Just placed the MLRS at the border of JB. Rain down terror and raids at KL.

Simultaneously, Penang and ipoh will start their attack down wards towards KL. Singapore will quickly take out Malacca. Leaving KL alone. We will then grab KL. Then we will send our navy and patrol Straits of Malacca.

We welcome China to negotiate peace with us or else we will send China packing back to their home town. USA, Japan and Korea will take SOUTH China by storm.