• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Are women biologically suited for engineering - your honest views

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You heard the guy from Google. What do you think? Was the memo from the Google CEO fair comment? Or is there a voice outside the World of political correctness?

"This has been a very difficult time. I wanted to provide an update on the memo that was circulated over this past week.

First, let me say that we strongly support the right of Googlers to express themselves, and much of what was in that memo is fair to debate, regardless of whether a vast majority of Googlers disagree with it. However, portions of the memo violate our Code of Conduct and cross the line by advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace. Our job is to build great products for users that make a difference in their lives. To suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not OK. It is contrary to our basic values and our Code of Conduct, which expects “each Googler to do their utmost to create a workplace culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias and unlawful discrimination.”

The memo has clearly impacted our co-workers, some of whom are hurting and feel judged based on their gender. Our co-workers shouldn’t have to worry that each time they open their mouths to speak in a meeting, they have to prove that they are not like the memo states, being “agreeable” rather than “assertive,” showing a “lower stress tolerance,” or being “neurotic.”

At the same time, there are co-workers who are questioning whether they can safely express their views in the workplace (especially those with a minority viewpoint). They too feel under threat, and that is also not OK. People must feel free to express dissent. So to be clear again, many points raised in the memo—such as the portions criticizing Google’s trainings, questioning the role of ideology in the workplace, and debating whether programs for women and underserved groups are sufficiently open to all—are important topics. The author had a right to express their views on those topics—we encourage an environment in which people can do this and it remains our policy to not take action against anyone for prompting these discussions.

The past few days have been very difficult for many at the company, and we need to find a way to debate issues on which we might disagree—while doing so in line with our Code of Conduct. I’d encourage each of you to make an effort over the coming days to reach out to those who might have different perspectives from your own. I will be doing the same.

I have been on work related travel in Africa and Europe the past couple of weeks and had just started my family vacation here this week. I have decided to return tomorrow as clearly there’s a lot more to discuss as a group—including how we create a more inclusive environment for all."

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women dont want male salesman in their shop. Why?

Why women want to get into engineering which is not her forte. They hv their own technical type of engineering to busy with like finger and toe nails painting.

Breastfeed skills. Pretent screaming organism. Makeup chemical engineering.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You heard the guy from Google. What do you think? Was the memo from the Google CEO fair comment? Or is there a voice outside the World of political correctness?

Since u are the biggest cunt on this forum, you are well equipped to answer this question.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Afaik only snakes r suitable to do roti prata, if not bel8eve ask the contesting candidates to engineer from snake to old mimah certified 4 times but still dont know mendaki want give snake shit when it comes to bursaree

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

(1)

If a company wishes to call itself world class, then it must hire based purely on merit, EVEN if it turns out hiring a team of engineers that are 90% males.

With greater equality of education and opportunity, however, I believe that women now have the chance to develop their abilities from young, and as such, I would be shocked if a truly meritocratic hiring system resulted in such an outcome.

My first point therefore is that the original memo was an indirect critique of Google's hiring policy - and if the male engineer's observations have some merit even if they politically incorrect, the question becomes: Has Google hired based on merit or did the desire for some gender equality seep into the process?

(2)

My second point is that Google's reflex action only serves to alienate those who observe with honesty that the male engineer was indeed correct in at least some of his observations. This is disappointing as it shows Google has succumbed to the cult of political correctness. The proper way to respond is to rebut with facts:

(i) Point out there are no shortage of incompetent and emotional male engineers
(ii) Point out that landscaping all women with a single stroke is unfair not only to the capable women, but in fact an assault on Google's hiring integrity

Succumbing to political correctness causes the company to dilute its message and miss both points.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gender roles are confusing these days.

Occcasionally, some women are really good... in any field. Does this mean all women are suited to it, all the time? Ive observed some real disaster women
in the workplace…esp ones with authority...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are women biologically suited for national service ? - your honest views

In Spore & probably other countries as well, if a female is expecting a baby, would any potential employer hire them :confused:

Same thing with Spore males who have NS obligations. Would an employer hire a foreigner who has no NS obligations or a singkee who has to do reservist:confused:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Spore & probably other countries as well, if a female is expecting a baby, would any potential employer hire them :confused:

would you?

gender roles are assigned from birth…men are providers….women are nurturers….many women have adapted as best as they can to playing dual roles with the help of understanding partners, employers….but they genetically hardwired for raising families….cant have it all, all the time. personally i would imagine women are well suited for writing code as they can do it from home.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women role in human endeavour shd get fuck at home and stay home wait to get fuck.

This is the will of God. Technology and education are passage ways only.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same thing with Spore males who have NS obligations. Would an employer hire a foreigner who has no NS obligations or a singkee who has to do reservist:confused:

You not wrong

Women are not expected to go on maternity on your first year of employment...but some do anyway (guess the race?). No one can stop you but your career path can and will be affected.

NS is obligatory and usually cannot be even planned...and some important projects even require the NSmen to come back to office after booking out.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You not wrong

Women are not expected to go on maternity on your first year of employment...but some do anyway (guess the race?). No one can stop you but your career path can and will be affected.

NS is obligatory and usually cannot be even planned...and some important projects even require the NSmen to come back to office after booking out.

I would still hire the woman, just like I would hire a male worker and not fire him just because he goes off for ICT during his first year of employment with me.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The pussy between their legs is an engineering marvel. I don't see why women can't become good engineers. look at Whore Jinx.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any women that engaged in engineering immediately drops their mating prospects by half, engineering is not sexy,fucks with their testesterone,just look at whore jinx.just like poker,women are a minority.those who Excel at it tend to look like dudes rainman,and/or are lesbians.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the Rolex Geneva HQ, all the technicians inserting the balance hairspring, a very delicate stage of the movement assembly process, are women. Why? Because they have finer motor control than most Caucasian males.

The two technicians at Rolex Singapore who are trained to service only the Daytona Cosmograph are women who earn 5-figure mthly salaries.

Do you hear of some secret memo circulating round accusing Rolex of gender bias?

Moral of story is, if you want to be a world class outfit, hire based on merit. Whether you end up with a male:female ratio of 90:10 or 10:90, your stand is unassailable.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the Rolex Geneva HQ, all the technicians inserting the balance hairspring, a very delicate stage of the movement assembly process, are women. Why? Because they have finer motor control than most Caucasian males.

The two technicians at Rolex Singapore who are trained to service only the Daytona Cosmograph are women who earn 5-figure mthly salaries.

Do you hear of some secret memo circulating round accusing Rolex of gender bias?

Moral of story is, if you want to be a world class outfit, hire based on merit. Whether you end up with a male:female ratio of 90:10 or 10:90, your stand is unassailable.

These women probably spent 10 years as child labour in Bangladesh sewing and making giodarno and cottonon clothes before being shipped off to America as technician's.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

but i go lolex center for servicing all men leh.... just a hand of them. the charbo r just flowerpots