• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [ BBC News ] Beware of Indian : More than 50% Children Sexually Abused by Indians

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-40823438

India media storm over 10-year-old pregnant rape victim

7 August 2017

_97207315_istock-469739616.jpg

A 10-year-old girl who is pregnant and has been refused an abortion is at the centre of a media storm in India. The BBC's Geeta Pandey travelled to the northern city of Chandigarh to piece together her story.

"We have seen lots of cases of teenage pregnancies involving 14 to 15-year-olds, but this is the first ever case that I have seen of a 10-year-old," said Mahavir Singh, of the Chandigarh State Legal Services Authority.

Mr Singh has been involved in a case which has shocked Chandigarh and the rest of India, that of a 10-year-old girl who became pregnant after allegedly being repeatedly raped by a relative.

That relative is now in jail, pending trial.

The girl in question has been described as a happy child who smiles easily. She's shy and not very talkative. English and mathematics are the favourite subjects of this class six student. She loves to draw and is pretty good at it. She can't get enough of her favourite cartoon shows Chhoti Anandi (Little Anandi) and Shin Chan. She loves chicken and fish - and ice-cream.

But on 28 July, India's Supreme Court rejected a petition - filed on her behalf - to allow her to abort, on the grounds that at 32 weeks, she is too far into her pregnancy. A doctors' panel had advised the court that a termination at this stage would be "too risky" for the girl, and that the foetus was "doing well".

The court order was a huge disappointment for the girl's family.
'She has no idea what happened'

Indian law does not allow terminations after 20 weeks unless doctors certify that the mother's life is in danger.

But in recent years, the courts have received several petitions, many from child rape survivors, seeking to terminate pregnancies after 20 weeks. In most cases, these pregnancies are discovered late because the children are not aware of their condition.

_97206485_gettyimages-613933186.jpg
Image caption In India, a child under 16 is raped every 155 minutes, a child under 10 every 13 hours

In the case of this 10-year-old too, the pregnancy was discovered only three weeks ago when she complained of pain in her lower abdomen and her mother took her to a doctor.

Someone who interacts with the girl on a regular basis says: "She's very innocent and has no idea what's happened to her."

Her parents also missed the telltale signs, perhaps because she's "a healthy, chubby child". Besides, they couldn't imagine even in their wildest nightmares that their daughter could be pregnant at 10.

The child has still not been told about her pregnancy and, for those dealing with her, talking to her is like treading on eggshells. She has been told that she has a big stone in her stomach and the bulge is because of that.

She's been put on a special diet of eggs, milk, fruit, fish and chicken and she seems to be enjoying the extra attention.

But in recent days, police, social workers and counsellors have been in and out of her house, and a media circus has grown up outside her home.

"She might not understand the exact problem, the gravity of the situation, but I think she has some idea now," a senior official told the BBC.

Her parents are struggling to deal with the situation. The family is poor and lives in a cramped one-room flat. Her father is a government employee and the mother works as a domestic helper.

Policewoman Pratibha Kumari, who has investigated the case, describes them as a "very nice family, who are so simple that they didn't even realise what this man was doing to their daughter".

The parents, she says, are understandably distraught. "Her mother has never talked to me without crying. The father says he feels like his daughter has been murdered."

The scale of abuse in India

_97232909_gettyimages-167260842.jpg

A child under 16 is raped every 155 minutes, a child under 10 every 13 hours

More than 10,000 children were raped in 2015

240 million women living in India were married before they turned 18

53.22% of children who participated in a government study reported some form of sexual abuse

50% of abusers are known to the child or are "persons in trust and care-givers"

Sources: Indian government, Unicef

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't see what the big deal is about.

"Incest" and "paedophilia" are unnatural, man-made rules which fails to take into account the way people are born, or their right to love.

I hope these bigoted Indians come to their senses, see the passionate lovemaking for what it is and not sensationalize it as "rape". The poor relative should be released from prison and allowed to marry the girl that he so obviously loves.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Incest" and "paedophilia" are unnatural, man-made rules which fails to take into account the way people are born, or their right to love.

I hope these bigoted Indians come to their senses, see the passionate lovemaking for what it is and not sensationalize it as "rape". The poor relative should be released from prison and allowed to marry the girl that he so obviously loves.

I was about to respond with: 'What do you expect? This is India, the rape capital of the world!'

Then I saw your post and was completely bowled over by your very persuasive arguments. So here goes,

Fuck the PAP for criminalizing incest and paedophilia! Free love for all!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was about to respond with: 'What do you expect? This is India, the rape capital of the world!'

Then I saw your post and was completely bowled over by your very persuasive arguments. So here goes,

Fuck the PAP for criminalizing incest and paedophilia! Free love for all!

That is why we need to promote Pink Dot! With same sex intercourse, there is no risk of pregnancy and no consequences to deal with. Loong is certainly more clear sighted than observers give credit for!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why we need to promote Pink Dot! With same sex intercourse, there is no risk of pregnancy and no consequences to deal with. Loong is certainly more clear sighted than observers give credit for!

Damn, you're good. Speaking about pregnancy risk, why stop at same sex intercourse? Why not throw animals into the bargain as well? After all, if we love our pets, we should be able to fuck them too.

Fuck the PAP for criminalizing bestiality! Free love for all!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor countries hv higher sex crime against children.

China population was 300 million before angmoh destroyed China with opium trade.

A wealthy nation hv less interest in sex for babies but sex for pleasure prostitutions.

Blame angmoh for 1.6 billion chinese population in past 150 years made China a poor nation.