• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Operation Halimah Begins

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ScreenShot2017-08-11at10.18.55AM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at10.19.06AM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at10.19.18AM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at10.19.28AM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at10.19.38AM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at10.19.46AM.png

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is breathtaking. How can one mention meritocracy in conjunction with reserved minority presidency? It's an oxymoron.

Affirmative action yes, multiculturalism maybe (true multiculturalism involves removing all forms of discrimination and segregrationist policies), but never meritocracy.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is breathtaking. How can one mention meritocracy in conjunction with reserved minority presidency? It's an oxymoron.

Affirmative action yes, multiculturalism maybe (true multiculturalism involves removing all forms of discrimination and segregrationist policies), but never meritocracy.

PAP definition of "meritocracy"...played as and when it is needed.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Studies have shown that in non-racially segregated societies, children are race-blind up to the age of five. After that the concepts of race and racial bias are inculcated (consciously and unconsciously) by teachers and parents, in addition to social cues they pick up around them.

I remember when my daughter was five she got along very well with our neighbours' (Tamil family) daughter of the same age. One day she came to me and asked, 'What's an Indian? Shoba says she's Indian.' Sure, Shoba was darker, had curlier hair, larger eyes, but my kid did not associate these differences with 'race', which up till then was a totally alien concept to her since no one in my family discussed it.

Think about it: there are tall Chinese, short Chinese, fair-skinned Chinese, dark-skinned Chinese. Do Chinese kids automatically separate them into various categories and give each an 'ethnic' label? It's we adults – and society – that acculturate them in the concept of race and ethnicity.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember when my daughter was five she got along very well with our neighbours' (Tamil family) daughter of the same age. One day she came to me and asked, 'What's an Indian? Shoba says she's Indian.'

Alamak, you should have referred your daughter to Uncle Jah.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Campaign is not allowed yet and the press is going full bore. The amount of quotes that is painting the greatness of Halimah is quite breathtaking

'breaking the glass ceiling', "PAP Party stalwart", "pushcart seller" "daughter of widowed mother", "after extensive consultation with his friends and family", "visible cue for voters", "person with no airs", "40 of years of public service track record", "she came over personally to share pastries such as pineapple tarts and cookies", "affirmation of 2 core values Singaporeans hold dear - multiculturalism and meritocracy"

Since when working for the NTUC is considered public service. They are laying on this thick this gravy train of absolute rubbish of adjectives and ridiculous terms and labels.

She is now the embodiment of multiculturalism and meritocracy, no more a Malay candidate who is going for the EP slated only for the Malays. As she is in the eyes of everyone not a Malay. So the focus has moved.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly a deceitful state. She is forbidden to campaign until after nomination and she holds a law degree. Even if ever there is a son or daughter of Singapore who meet all the conditions for EP how are they going to compete against the massive machinery of the state. No one in his right mind however qualified is going to throw their hat in the ring.

Campaign is not allowed yet and the press is going full bore. The amount of quotes that is painting the greatness of Halimah is quite breathtaking
Since when working for the NTUC is considered public service. They are laying on this thick this gravy train of absolute rubbish of adjectives and ridiculous terms and labels.

Anything is possible. Everything is permissible.

ScreenShot2017-08-11at12.49.53PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at12.49.15PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-11at12.49.28PM.png

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I cannot be a President ;

1. Both my parents were alive for quite a while and none of my parents had a job that would classify them as humble or underprivileged and therefore cannot milk that washerwoman or security guard angle. I also cannot milk that single parents sympathy vote.

2. I did not have a University sweetheart so I lost this angle of opportunity.

3. The supporting spouse is truly a challenge. I am not sure if I got this right. Did all our previous President have difficult spouses. Am I am missing something here. Anyway I all heard is that he is at home most of the time so I am not sure why they are not milking the supporting the jobless spouse angle.

4. Communal living angle is a real bummer. This single one would have caught out every single President as none of them lived or grew up in a HDB flat. We do have real winner on this.

5. Only one in her family of five to attend University. Can't use this label either.

6. Humble beginnings. This is quite unfair. Only Mah Bow Tan and CCS qualifies for this.

7. Labour unionist. Nothing on this for me.

Future EP candidates better of attributes to beat Halimah extreme low benchmark. I would suggest someone with a single parent, placed in an orphanage, start cleaning tables at Hawker centre at age 12, studied under the lamp post, rejected by Mendaki, SInda for mixed race situation, entered university and did tuition to pay fees, became a social activities for People Association, did dragon boat racing to build the communal atmosphere, volunteered at meet the people session etc etc.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I cannot be a President ;

1. Both my parents were alive for quite a while and none of my parents had a job that would classify them as humble or underprivileged and therefore cannot milk that washerwoman or security guard angle. I also cannot milk that single parents sympathy vote.

2. I did not have a University sweetheart so I lost this angle of opportunity.

3. The supporting spouse is truly a challenge. I am not sure if I got this right. Did all our previous President have difficult spouses. Am I am missing something here. Anyway I all heard is that he is at home most of the time so I am not sure why they are not milking the supporting the jobless spouse angle.

4. Communal living angle is a real bummer. This single one would have caught out every single President as none of them lived or grew up in a HDB flat. We do have real winner on this.

5. Only one in her family of five to attend University. Can't use this label either.

6. Humble beginnings. This is quite unfair. Only Mah Bow Tan and CCS qualifies for this.

7. Labour unionist. Nothing on this for me.

Future EP candidates better of attributes to beat Halimah extreme low benchmark. I would suggest someone with a single parent, placed in an orphanage, start cleaning tables at Hawker centre at age 12, studied under the lamp post, rejected by Mendaki, SInda for mixed race situation, entered university and did tuition to pay fees, became a social activities for People Association, did dragon boat racing to build the communal atmosphere, volunteered at meet the people session etc etc.

This is an excruciating joke. The worst thing is that the powers that be think it is fine to pull such stunts. I have nothing against HY. She might even be a good president. But why this build up ? I will grant her grit and determination. But that should speak for itself. Bootstrapping yourself was not unknown in that generation.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP knows full well what they are doing. What they do not realise or appreciate is that they are destroying the credibility of the Malays and making them look like Idiots. Halimah and her family are living in a bubble to think that living in HDB flat will fix everything perception wise. The fact that no one one in his right mind will stay in a HDB if they are well paid is lost on her. 85% would prefer to have a bungalow of their own with a nice garden with flowers to smell and raise their kids is not something bizarre. You owe it to your family to work hard and achieve a place better than what you had. This false and ridiculous sense of humility is meant for blur fucks of the RCs. The fact that she finally made her decision one day after meeting AMP is telling that they have the Malay communal leaders who are the best educated by their balls.

This is an excruciating joke. The worst thing is that the powers that be think it is fine to pull such stunts. I have nothing against HY. She might even be a good president. But why this build up ? I will grant her grit and determination. But that should speak for itself. Bootstrapping yourself was not unknown in that generation.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She is now the embodiment of multiculturalism and meritocracy, no more a Malay candidate who is going for the EP slated only for the Malays. As she is in the eyes of everyone not a Malay. So the focus has moved.

Tell me...what is not new?....I will tell you that, "chang er" is still on the moon...