• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercussions

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercussio

Thanks for dredging out old memories, sigh!. Great days.

Family close to where I lived had 8 kids. second kid married a Malay girl. Good looking, carries herself well, speaks well. Not demanding on the religion. Kids came out good looking and carried her features. Every other male siblings plus the females siblings' husbands and even the parents had wished they all married Malay chicks. The in-laws treated her well. The trouble is no one else had the guts to cross the rubicon. Not just the family but the whole neighbourhood had their own regrets.

Sometimes in life, and you only have one shot, just for it.

I can speak from personal experience. I had a Malay girlfriend. The relationship lasted about 8 months. Her previous boyfriend was a non Malay too.

I asked her why she had two non Malay non muslim boyfriends in a row and the answer was that she considered her own kind to be lazy and lacking ambition. "Of course there are exceptions" she admitted but she insisted the generalisation was accurate.

She also said that Malay men invariably evoke Islam in order to try to gain the upper hand in the relationship.

Many years have passed and she is now happily married to a Chinese Singaporean. They have 2 children.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercussio

WTF are you talking about? If you want people to encourage people to study hard and work hard, say so directly without beating around the bush. Tell your Allah for me.

In many islamic countries, students do not attend real schools. They attend madrassahs where they memorize quran, kill girls who seek education and execute people who disagree with Islam. These are mainstream islamic practices in those societies, encouraged by experts in Islamic jurisprudence and religious practices.

Learning about Islam from a mosque or Darul Arqam is just plain silly. The clerics there are just going to feed you BS that is favourable to Islam. They don't like being challenged and whenever they are, they will ask you if you are an expert in Islam or if you understand Arabic in order to deflect the question. It's just their way of saying you should accept everything they teach and not question them.

At least when you seek to know more about Islam from neutral forums like SBF, you get forummers who welcome opposing views. You are also free to fact-check and disagree, something that the muslim world utterly dislikes when it comes to islam.

If want to discuss with me at least talk some sense lah. Wat ask Allah to talk to u? U go potong lah. Then supplicate and ask Allah lah:rolleyes:

Why always broadcast news on those poor war torn 3rd countries? Those countries r so poor, cant even afford to have own shelter let alone schools. So they make do with madrasah. The garment cant even afford to employ qualified secular teachers? I dont see ppl study fm madrasahs to learn to kill girls here? Msia? Indon? Brunei?

Nope. U the one whos BShiting here. At Daral Arqam or even the madrasahs of moseques in singapore are transparent. U can just walk in and ask the officer in charge of DA or the Exe officer of any mosques here. U can bombard them with all ur questions. Where got hide? Is u who do not wish to accept our answers base on the interpretation of the Quran. I cant help u if u r ignorant as the pagan.:biggrin::rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Heard of Kong Hee ?

Anyway, all religions teach detachment from material things, not just Buddhism.

All followers have to reconcile earthly life with the demands of a spiritual path. Protestantism sees wealth as a sign of God's favour, so nothing wrong with it. Trouble is, people like Kong Hee can delude themselves that it is okay to bend the rules so God can favour them.

Every religion sees wealth as a sign of God's favour.

Lots of chinks crowd the temples praying for luck at the gaming tables and at lottery. Foods at CNY and chink names are often coined after themes based on good luck, lots of money and prosperity

Muslims want islam as a national religion because it means getting lots of state funds and extra legal privileges, and use this to entice non-muslims to join islam. Did you read about the recent case of muslim kelings in mudland renouncing their keling ethnicity and wanting to be formally known as bumiputeras?

So what's wrong with Protestantism wanting good fortune too? Why would you liken poverty and poor health to God's favour?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for dredging out old memories, sigh!. Great days.

Family close to where I lived had 8 kids. second kid married a Malay girl. Good looking, carries herself well, speaks well. Not demanding on the religion. Kids came out good looking and carried her features. Every other male siblings plus the females siblings' husbands and even the parents had wished they all married Malay chicks. The in-laws treated her well. The trouble is no one else had the guts to cross the rubicon. Not just the family but the whole neighbourhood had their own regrets.

Sometimes in life, and you only have one shot, just for it.

I did mention before my real experience. My aunty side. 3 daughters. All married to non muslims/malay. Only the eldest one still intact. But murtad. The other two divorce and went separate ways. My aunty and uncle are not practising muslims. There....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are correct on all accounts. Malay Muslim mother and Chinese Muslim-convert father, race of offspring will indicate "Chinese", and practices Islam.

I know the Chinese very particular about race and surname. I have another relative. Also children married to a convert. Same. Children adopt Chinese name. But cant speak mandarin. They spoke Malay and English at home. So u have the ID indicated as race Chinese. But cant speak mandarin. How?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the days it was a lot more forgiving. Now days too much of tension on race and religion. Sad.

I did mention before my real experience. My aunty side. 3 daughters. All married to non muslims/malay. Only the eldest one still intact. But murtad. The other two divorce and went separate ways. My aunty and uncle are not practising muslims. There....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the days it was a lot more forgiving. Now days too much of tension on race and religion. Sad.

Ya. Why quarrel or argue over our children future. If one of them willing to accept regardless of his or her religion so be it. End of the day we want our children to be happy. For me given a choice i would rather my children marry to my own race i.e. malay. At least i know my son or daughter in law no regrets in their faith.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So what's wrong with Protestantism wanting good fortune too? Why would you liken poverty and poor health to God's favour?

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." ~ Mark 10:25 (KJV)
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." ~ Matthew 5:3 (KJV)

Don't blaspheme the Christian religion.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If want to discuss with me at least talk some sense lah. Wat ask Allah to talk to u? U go potong lah. Then supplicate and ask Allah lah:rolleyes:

I talked more sense than your Allah did. I do talk to God.

I am certain God doesn't talk back to muslims. Praying to allah is not much different from praying to a stone, wall or chair. They won't talk back.

Why always broadcast news on those poor war torn 3rd countries? Those countries r so poor, cant even afford to have own shelter let alone schools. So they make do with madrasah. The garment cant even afford to employ qualified secular teachers? I dont see ppl study fm madrasahs to learn to kill girls here? Msia? Indon? Brunei?

Poor, war torn 3rd world countries is a common theme with overwhelming majority of islamic societies. That's the fruits of a muslim majority society. It's the same with streets in europe where due to political correctness, white people lost control of those streets and muslims take over. Those streets are now crime infested and no-go zones.

Madrasahs here are under a very tight leash controlled by non-muslims. We have our ways to keep your ustazs in check.

I showed you enough pictures of madrassahs in Indon stirring up shit constantly, especially during the ahok riots. I would say nearly all the madrassahs in indons are breeding grounds for islamic militancy.

Nope. U the one whos BShiting here. At Daral Arqam or even the madrasahs of moseques in singapore are transparent. U can just walk in and ask the officer in charge of DA or the Exe officer of any mosques here. U can bombard them with all ur questions. Where got hide? Is u who do not wish to accept our answers base on the interpretation of the Quran. I cant help u if u r ignorant as the pagan.:biggrin::rolleyes:

Your version of "peaceful islam" is based on your small minority here, so you learn your place and are more discreet. Sometimes your preachers get caught, just like that Indian FT preacher caught insulting Christians and Jews with his closing prayers.

In every single muslim majority place, mainstream islam is intolerant and belligerent. People who wish to leave islam are bombarded with death threats, mob violence and persecution from the state. Mosques and madrassahs are openly antagonistic towards other faiths but yet demand other minority faiths show respect to islam 24/7.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

So u have the ID indicated as race Chinese. But cant speak mandarin. How?

I have no issues with that. Languages are only means of communication, it evolves and changes all the time. I am a humanist, we are all Homo sapiens.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." ~ Mark 10:25 (KJV)
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." ~ Matthew 5:3 (KJV)

Don't blaspheme the Christian religion.

No I am not.

I am stating a fact. Most people, regardless of religion, want prosperity and good health. Only crazies like you who crave martyrdom, desire poverty and ill-health and quote Matthew 5:3.

Why don't you start by donating all your money and get yourself really poor?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I talked more sense than your Allah did. I do talk to God.

I am certain God doesn't talk back to muslims. Praying to allah is not much different from praying to a stone, wall or chair. They won't talk back.

Poor, war torn 3rd world countries is a common theme with overwhelming majority of islamic societies. That's the fruits of a muslim majority society. It's the same with streets in europe where due to political correctness, white people lost control of those streets and muslims take over. Those streets are now crime infested and no-go zones.

Madrasahs here are under a very tight leash controlled by non-muslims. We have our ways to keep your ustazs in check.

I showed you enough pictures of madrassahs in Indon stirring up shit constantly, especially during the ahok riots. I would say nearly all the madrassahs in indons are breeding grounds for islamic militancy.

Your version of "peaceful islam" is based on your small minority here, so you learn your place and are more discreet. Sometimes your preachers get caught, just like that Indian FT preacher caught insulting Christians and Jews with his closing prayers.

In every single muslim majority place, mainstream islam is intolerant and belligerent. People who wish to leave islam are bombarded with death threats, mob violence and persecution from the state. Mosques and madrassahs are openly antagonistic towards other faiths but yet demand other minority faiths show respect to islam 24/7.

U and me are different. U an atheist:rolleyes: whereas i have faith in my religion.

Indon is a Muslim country. Of course they dress like how a Muslim dress. So just cos they demo u start blaming Islam? Nothing wrong with demo or protest. So common also in batam at the jetty or muka kuning. But they dont ransack killing ppl here and tere. Most of the demo is cos of wages dispute with union. Nothing to do with islam. Ur never ending and obsession with Ahok demo is beyond me. Go take ur med.:biggrin:

I already mentioned many time u are free to go murtad. No one stopping u. No one forcing u to convert too. Even the Quran did not forbid. So if some muslim countries have apotasy law u cant blame the Quran.

Madrasah tightly control here. Issit. How come i not aware:rolleyes:. I know ustaz must be registered. My children still study in Alsagof. Everything is normal. So is Brunei, Msia...

Wat my preacher? I didnt even attended his talk. Anyway i got no comment on tat preacher. But i do know the complainant do have problem with the muslim community. Did u see his fb? See his wife attire? And he claimed hes a learned muslims for many years.:rolleyes: He simply have an ax to grind with certain islamic institutions here.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have no issues with that. Languages are only means of communication, it evolves and changes all the time. I am a humanist, we are all Homo sapiens.

But cos we are so particular about race. Have to indicate in the ID. Was just wondering poor kid. Chinese but cant speak mandarin. Wouldnt it be good for him if he register as Malay since he speak Malay at home? Better still do away with race in the ID

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I like your aunty and uncle already.

The nicest muslims I met were mostly non-practising muslims. They were flexible with their choice of food and would eat anywhere with us, just no pork.

The most unpleasant muslim I met was a worker I hired. He was very religious, which is fine with me. But he didn't talk much to his co-workers and often went about grumpy. He would prefer to talk to muslim co-workers. Over time, people avoided him and he took it that they are unfriendly towards him and he complained about it to me. There was nothing I could do about it since nobody breached any legal or unofficial laws on professional work conduct. Eventually, he left for a new job after a year.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Wouldnt it be good for him if he register as Malay since he speak Malay at home?

Just updated myself with the Registration of Birth and Death Act as well as some FAQs at the ICA website. In the case of mixed parentage, parents can choose. ICA doesn't assign the race but records it. Race may not be indicated on birth certificates but certainly reflected on IC.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I like your aunty and uncle already.

The nicest muslims I met were mostly non-practising muslims. They were flexible with their choice of food and would eat anywhere with us, just no pork.

The most unpleasant muslim I met was a worker I hired. He was very religious, which is fine with me. But he didn't talk much to his co-workers and often went about grumpy. He would prefer to talk to muslim co-workers. Over time, people avoided him and he took it that they are unfriendly towards him and he complained about it to me. There was nothing I could do about it since nobody breached any legal or unofficial laws on professional work conduct. Eventually, he left for a new job after a year.

But i pity my aunty and uncle. If the latter been a practising muslim i bet they would have a wonderful muslim family.

Good for him. We should adapt ourself according to the environment. Not the other way round. But always mindful of our faith too. As for food, there is this thing which Malay ofter relate...Kalau tdk was was sila kan. So if those muslims feel is ok to take those food with no lard or pork so be it. Watever action u took u have to account to ur Creator. Good or bad action i.e.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

U and me are different. U an atheist:rolleyes: whereas i have faith in my religion.

Indon is a Muslim country. Of course they dress like how a Muslim dress. So just cos they demo u start blaming Islam? Nothing wrong with demo or protest. So common also in batam at the jetty or muka kuning. But they dont ransack killing ppl here and tere. Most of the demo is cos of wages dispute with union. Nothing to do with islam. Ur never ending and obsession with Ahok demo is beyond me. Go take ur med.:biggrin:

Indon is officially a secular country with a muslim majority. It is not a muslim country.

I blame Islam because the demo was led by muslim preachers who started the trouble by teaching that muslims are not supposed to vote for non-muslims. The protestors was waving islamic flags, many of which also look like ISIS flags. It is completely different from muslim protesting at a local mine or factory over labour dispute. I do not blame Islam if muslim workers stage demonstrations over pay disputes or unhappiness with municipal issues. I also do not blame religion if the average muslim takes drugs or commits robbery.

I already mentioned many time u are free to go murtad. No one stopping u. No one forcing u to convert too. Even the Quran did not forbid. So if some muslim countries have apotasy law u cant blame the Quran.

We went through this before. Your opinions on leaving islam is your own personal opinion. It is not a fact. It is not even backed by your religion. In every islamic country, not some, all of them, it is a criminal offence to leave Islam. This decision was made by islamic legal experts, any of whom have more islamic credentials than you have.

Madrasah tightly control here. Issit. How come i not aware:rolleyes:. I know ustaz must be registered. My children still study in Alsagof. Everything is normal. So is Brunei, Msia...

If you say madrassahs in mudland is normal, then something is wrong with you. In mudland and brunei, leaving islam is forbidden. The madrassahs teach that. The legal experts, the muftis in every m&d state, makes it explicitly clear that if muslims try to leave islam, they will be jailed and they will not be allowed to leave. Why would you call them 'normal', unless you actually agree with such teachings but disagree it in public to trick non-muslims into thinking islam is tolerant?

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indon is officially a secular country with a muslim majority. It is not a muslim country.

I blame Islam because the demo was led by muslim preachers who started the trouble by teaching that muslims are not supposed to vote for non-muslims. The protestors was waving islamic flags, many of which also look like ISIS flags. It is completely different from muslim protesting at a local mine or factory over labour dispute. I do not blame Islam if muslim workers stage demonstrations over pay disputes or unhappiness with municipal issues. I also do not blame religion if the average muslim takes drugs or commits robbery.

We went through this before. Your opinions on leaving islam is your own personal opinion. It is not a fact. It is not even backed by your religion. In every islamic country, not some, all of them, it is a criminal offence to leave Islam. This decision was made by islamic legal experts, any of whom have more islamic credentials than you have.

If you say madrassahs in mudland is normal, then something is wrong with you. In mudland and brunei, leaving islam is forbidden. The madrassahs teach that. The legal experts, the muftis in every m&d state, makes it explicitly clear that if muslims try to leave islam, they will be jailed and they will not be allowed to leave.

As i have mentioned is all politics. As majority are muslims in Indon wat better way to shore up support by using Islam as a tool. Tio boh? I also saw ladies taking selfies...smiling away. U call tat violent? Any ppl got killed? Rape? Murder? Shops looted ransacked?:rolleyes: The demo seems to be was a peacful one. Just like wat u see at Speakers corner.:biggrin:

Yes. I agree with u. Definitely those ulamas better qualified than me. But is their country. They can do wat they like. Even the Quran already stated watever law or policy u meted out u will be answereable to the Lord. Want me to quote from Quran? Try to understand john. Some of these countries are using Islam as a tool to further strengthen their position. So obvious. U cant see it meh. Need glasses:biggrin:

I mentioned normal cos i dont remember any ustaz or ustazah being called up for questioning. Tat means our madrasah are doing just fine. Hey even some of our malay Mps children also attended madrasah. R u also implying their children are terrorist by attending madrasah?

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am curious to know a non-muslim can step inside a regular mosque? It's an offence to the muslims?

I have been to beach road sultan mosque but it is a tourist spot. Cannot step inside the main hall by barricade, look and take photo from outside only.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

JohnTan is bizzaro-esque in this thread.