• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercussions

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercussio

But the comments on this thread so far seems to indicate that Malays themselves do not respect their own race and wants to marry outside of it.

Occasionally I lap up the salacious gossip that you offer but you need to buck up on intellectual discourse…

Since when does marrying outside one's race or community indicate a disrespect or disdain for it?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercussio

Occasionally I lap up the salacious gossip that you offer but you need to buck up on intellectual discourse…

Since when does marrying outside one's race or community indicate a disrespect or disdain for it?

Hw can any human being not respect his/her race? Even legendary Hang Tuah said : Tak kan Melayu hilang di dunia.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

in near future we get pinay prez,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,h h hurray becos no more pundek to contest melayu only erectiond
s

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why must everything blame on the religion? Quote me verses fm the Quran tat command Muslims to laze around and tcss? On the contrary the Quran and beloved Prophet had this to say:

Quran:

"Read" In the name of your Lord: (Surah Alaq)

Say: Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are
endured with uderstanding that remember (Allah's knowledge) (Zumar-9)

WTF are you talking about? If you want people to encourage people to study hard and work hard, say so directly without beating around the bush. Tell your Allah for me.

The Hadith: Sayings of the Prophet saw

"Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim" (Saheeh)

In many islamic countries, students do not attend real schools. They attend madrassahs where they memorize quran, kill girls who seek education and execute people who disagree with Islam. These are mainstream islamic practices in those societies, encouraged by experts in Islamic jurisprudence and religious practices.

Wat cherry pick? I already told u. U just pay a visit to Darul Arqam. Make enquiry tere. Dont alway rely on heresay or fm social media like sbf. :smile:

Learning about Islam from a mosque or Darul Arqam is just plain silly. The clerics there are just going to feed you BS that is favourable to Islam. They don't like being challenged and whenever they are, they will ask you if you are an expert in Islam or if you understand Arabic in order to deflect the question. It's just their way of saying you should accept everything they teach and not question them.

At least when you seek to know more about Islam from neutral forums like SBF, you get forummers who welcome opposing views. You are also free to fact-check and disagree, something that the muslim world utterly dislikes when it comes to islam.

That is why this phenomenon is so strange to me. Malays when they marry other races, require that race to convert to Islam.

The Malay race here defines itself predominantly with Islam. The Malay race have no unique Malay festivity that isn't related to Islam. Everything important about the Malay race and culture is tied to Islam. Malay history before Islam in the 13th century AD and earlier has been erased and deliberately forgotten, save for a few broken pottery shards and scraps.

I know many white spouses of malay women who have converted, and have even taken muslim names. but in reality, many are sham conversions. Once they return home to the country of the spouse, the spouse just ignores the conversion and eats pork or whatever he likes. With this conversion as an impediment to potential marriage partners, malays still go out to look for other races to marry.

Most malays are aware of that and they don't care. They usually care that the offspring is muslim. First generation fake convert is okay, 2nd generation slightly more religion. 3rd generation would be diehard for the religion. It's a long-term investment.

I mean Chinese girls don't have this issue with conversion, so you would think it would be issue to for them to marry other race, and there would be more mixed marriages then malays, but the opposite is true.

Most m&ds despise the chinks for having little issue with conversion, even for those who converted to islam. It just convinces them that the chinks are of lower intellect and lower morals as they have no regard for god and the afterlife and are only concerned about money.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

WTF are you talking about? If you want people to encourage people to study hard and work hard, say so directly without beating around the bush. Tell your Allah for me.

In many islamic countries, students do not attend real schools. They attend madrassahs where they memorize quran, kill girls who seek education and execute people who disagree with Islam. These are mainstream islamic practices in those societies, encouraged by experts in Islamic jurisprudence and religious practices.

Learning about Islam from a mosque or Darul Arqam is just plain silly. The clerics there are just going to feed you BS that is favourable to Islam. They don't like being challenged and whenever they are, they will ask you if you are an expert in Islam or if you understand Arabic in order to deflect the question. It's just their way of saying you should accept everything they teach and not question them.

At least when you seek to know more about Islam from neutral forums like SBF, you get forummers who welcome opposing views. You are also free to fact-check and disagree, something that the muslim world utterly dislikes when it comes to islam.

The Malay race here defines itself predominantly with Islam. The Malay race have no unique Malay festivity that isn't related to Islam. Everything important about the Malay race and culture is tied to Islam. Malay history before Islam in the 13th century AD and earlier has been erased and deliberately forgotten, save for a few broken pottery shards and scraps.

Most malays are aware of that and they don't care. They usually care that the offspring is muslim. First generation fake convert is okay, 2nd generation slightly more religion. 3rd generation would be diehard for the religion. It's a long-term investment.

Most m&ds despise the chinks for having little issue with conversion, even for those who converted to islam. It just convinces them that the chinks are of lower intellect and lower morals as they have no regard for god and the afterlife and are only concerned about money.

If you are told that life here does not matter except to qualify for paradise by avoiding sin, how would you live your life ? It is safer not to do too much , right ? Christianity is hardly different, except Christians are better at justifying a lot of what they do.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you are told that life here does not matter except to qualify for paradise by avoiding sin, how would you live your life ? It is safer not to do too much , right ? Christianity is hardly different, except Christians are better at justifying a lot of what they do.

You basically described Buddhism.

Monks hide away in their monasteries in high mountains and remote locations, far far away with people wishing to have very little to do with them. Didn't Xie Shaoguang quit his successful acting career here to do exactly what you just described?

Do you have empirical data to show that Christians are better at justifying a lot of what they do, or are you just lying and exaggerating in order to make your point?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JohnTan again.

Monks hide away in their monasteries in high mountains and remote locations, far far away with people wishing to have very little to do with them. Didn't Xie Shaoguang quit his successful acting career here to do exactly what you just described?

Do you have empirical data to show that Christians are better at justifying a lot of what they do, or are you just lying and exaggerating in order to make your point?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard of Kong Hee ?

Anyway, all religions teach detachment from material things, not just Buddhism.

All followers have to reconcile earthly life with the demands of a spiritual path. Protestantism sees wealth as a sign of God's favour, so nothing wrong with it. Trouble is, people like Kong Hee can delude themselves that it is okay to bend the rules so God can favour them.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro. If not for potong kuku chiow and allahtiazation many Chinese will makan marry malay girls.

Nice big boobs sexy waist line and arse i oredi married one if not for the restriction.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember a Malay barber once told me that he loves Singapore Bak Kut Teh to the shock of my life. I questioned whether he was muslim, he said he was Malay and life is short, so he wanted to enjoy life by eating everything he loves including drinking beer. So not every malay is Islam?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Budhhism is bad for country and turn into shit lije india.

Christianty also bad for country full of lies and ask you to rake srms murder genocide as in Soddom and gorroma.

Allah also bad all they talk about themselves and take god as excuse to be lazy. Can mt stand the heat ask for gods will.

Best in belive in fortune god win lottiery big big and care you die yr biz.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Budhhism is bad for country and turn into shit lije india.

Christianty also bad for country full of lies and ask you to rake srms murder genocide as in Soddom and gorroma.

Allah also bad all they talk about themselves and take god as excuse to be lazy. Can mt stand the heat ask for gods will.

Best in belive in fortune god win lottiery big big and care you die yr biz.

Well, if all religion is bad for a country, you still have one option: communism.

But history doesn't bear this out.

Any ideology (and religion is ideology) taken to its extreme and rigidly enforced is bad for governance.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

if malay marry up, i.e. their spouse marry down?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

JohnTan;263178 Didn't Xie Shaoguang quit his successful acting career here to do exactly what you just described? t?[/QUOTE said:
not anymore,,,,,,,, he is now a cook in JB
weird fella

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can speak from personal experience. I had a Malay girlfriend. The relationship lasted about 8 months. Her previous boyfriend was a non Malay too.

I asked her why she had two non Malay non muslim boyfriends in a row and the answer was that she considered her own kind to be lazy and lacking ambition. "Of course there are exceptions" she admitted but she insisted the generalisation was accurate.

She also said that Malay men invariably evoke Islam in order to try to gain the upper hand in the relationship.

Many years have passed and she is now happily married to a Chinese Singaporean. They have 2 children.

and i thought her genuine reason was to enjoy eating pork and lard. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Nonsense! My relative daughter married to a male chinese convert. Children follow father surname and race indicate "Chinese"

You are correct on all accounts. Malay Muslim mother and Chinese Muslim-convert father, race of offspring will indicate "Chinese", and practices Islam.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats old rule. The rules have been amended. The parents have a choice. It can now be listed as "Malay", "Chinese" or "Malay-Chinese" or "Chinese-Malay" and religion has nothing to do with it. Does not come into picture. Only other condition is that subsequent siblings must follow whatever the first sibling has taken.

You are correct on all accounts. Malay Muslim mother and Chinese Muslim-convert father, race of offspring will indicate "Chinese", and practices Islam.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Children learn Malay or Chinese in school?

Parents can choose either Chinese or Malay as Mother Tongue Language to be offered.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Only other condition is that subsequent siblings must follow whatever the first sibling has taken.

Oh my... my bad for not receiving the memo, when was this in effect?