• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Looney Loong and the Ho, yet another dumb move to re-ignite family feud

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am starting to think that one or both of these 2 morons have some sort of mental illness. Why would they restart the whole feud again by asking Lucien to go after young Shengwu? Have they no common sense and critical thinking at all?

So, Shengwu post some stuff on his Facebook page, stuff that only his friends network can see on the friends private setting. The material includes an article from New York Times, about the PAP’s use of the law to oppress the opposition, and some comments by Shengwu about the judiciary being “pliant”. One of Shengwu’s friend was not the friend that he thought he was and leaked this post publicly. The AGC’s case is that Shengwu knew exactly what he was doing and posted this FB message and then had the friend release it to the public in order distant himself from it. So, the AGC’s position is that Shengwu deliberately started this insult on the Singapore judiciary.

As insults to the PAP go, Shengwu’s is pretty mild. We are comparing this to what his father and Aunt said about LHL and Ho Ching. LHL could very well have left this alone, and ignored it. Shengwu did not appear to continue his criticism after the revelation of his post in FB. So, perhaps he had made an honest mistake and he kept silent after that. Lucien could easily have let it go. But Lucien was the personal lawyer to LHL before LHL appointed him to AG. So, in other words, Lucien was ordered to go after Shengwu.

Shengwu makes a very good point. When is a private conversation among friends not a private conversation? Basically, the AGC has taken what was a private conversation among friends, that with today’s social media technology, got broadcast out to the world, and used this conversation as a legal ground to go after Shengwu. So, what happens if you are at your home, you invited 7-8 friends for a BBQ, you guys start talking about politics, and you are critical of the PAP. Lets say one of your friends recorded your criticism of the PAP and broadcast it on Youtube, or some other media. You are then under investigation by the AGC and charged. This is akin to what has happened to Shengwu.

In this case, this is a new and scary chapter in the PAP persecution of opposing voices. So, it appears that anything said in private can now be the subject of a AGC investigation if such conversation was recorded and broadcasted. Wow, I better watch who I invite over for makan now. But really, no court in the world would even bother to investigate Shengwu over this case. But the very fact that the AGC is clutching at legal straws to do so, confirms what Shengwu has already said, i.e. the judiciary is pliant to the PAP.

This family feud has made fools of many MPs and Ministers, not to mention the PM and his wife, and also the office of the PMO and other such stat boards like the National Heritage Board. Everyone remembers the comments of Indira, Teo Chee Hean, Lawrence Wong, Goh Chok Tong and other members of the executive branch both before and after the 2 day Parliamentary session into Oxley Road. While members of the executive branch were getting their reputation assailed by their obligation to defend the PM, the judiciary stayed clean throughout. Whether they were instructed to refrain or not, they did not prosecute LHY and LWL and hence stayed out of the whole mess. Now, this has ended as they have joined the fray, on the flimsiest of contempt charges you can imagine. This will make the AGC a laughing stock in the world, if they are already not one. No other judiciary in the free democratic world would even consider charges against Shengwu under these circumstances. The logic and legal grounds for them to stand on is so blatantly shaky. I hope that Shengwu recruits friends and associates at Harvard to fight back against the AGC. Early showings are good, he has a formidable mind and resides in one of the best schools in the world, Lucien, Ho and Loong are out of their league against him.

Wait for father and aunt to come to his aid soon with damaging revelations about the Ho and Loong. Sparks will fly and I am getting my popcorn ready for the show. Ho and Loong just could not let sleeping dogs lie, did someone not tell them they were the losers and the most damaged in feud? Shengwu has already offered an olive branch by deleting the offending parts of his post. Truly, Looney Loong is not fit to run this country.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL has painted himself into a corner.

To charge LSW is a problem. Not to charge him brings in another set of problems. So what shd LHL do? This is the problem LHL faces for living a dirty life with many skeletons to his name

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
A succinct and well thought out reply by Shengwu
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Since the AGC has seen fit to publish their correspondence with me, I thought it would be helpful to fill in the part that they mysteriously omitted.

4 August 2017
Attorney General’s Chambers
Attention: Mr. Francis Ng SC
Dear Sirs,
Your letter dated 21 July 2017
1. I refer to the letter dated 21 July 2017 from Attorney-General’s Chambers, and to
AGC’s extended deadline for my response by 5pm today.
2. AGC takes issue with a private posting I made on Facebook on 15 July 2017 and
accuses me of the offence of contempt of court because of what I said in my private
post.
3. The context of my post is everything. AGC has taken my post completely out of
context.
4. What I said in my private post comprises 2 sentences. My focus was on the first
sentence. The second sentence is in parenthesis.
5. AGC’s letter, however, quotes and takes issue only with the second sentence, omitting
the parenthesis.
6. I set out in context what I said. The second sentence is in italics but I have inserted the
parenthesis as it appears in my private post:
“If you have been watching the latest political crisis in Singapore from a distance but
would like a summary, this is a good one.
(Keep in mind, of course, that the Singapore government is very litigious and has a
pliant court system. This constrains what the international media can usually report
…)
7. In my private post, I shared the article by Wall Street Journal: “Singapore, a Model of
Orderly Rule, Is Jolted by a Bitter Family Feud” which summarized the political crisis I
had referred to. I also provided a link to a New York Times editorial on the constraints
to reporting by the international media.
8. Viewed in context, my private posting of 15 July is not a contempt of court.
9. AGC, refers to the second sentence of my private post and the link to the New York
Times editorial, out of context, to assert that “The clear meaning of (my private post),
in referring to ‘a pliant court system’, is that the Singapore Judiciary acts on the
direction of the Singapore government, is not independent, and has ruled and will
continue to rule in favour of the Singapore government in any proceedings, regardless
of the merits of the cases.”
10. AGC appears to have read an entire paragraph from a single word. AGC has
misunderstood me.
11. No one who publicized my private post had approached me for any clarification as to
what I meant. However, I would like to make a clarification to resolve AGC’s
misunderstanding.
12. In saying that Singapore has a “pliant” court system, and in providing a link to an
editorial in the New York Times in April 2010 (my providing a link to an editorial does
not imply that I endorse all its contents), I am not saying or imputing that the Singapore
judiciary acts on the direction of the Singapore government, or that it is not
independent, or that it will continue to rule in favour of the Singapore government in
any proceedings regardless of the merits. A “pliant” object is flexible, supple, or
adaptable. This is in contrast to a “compliant” object that is easily influenced or
yielding. A “court system” encompasses the AGC, prosecutors, and the general legal
environment. By analogy, to say for instance that Singapore’s medical system is
inefficient does not have to mean that its hospitals are incompetent or that its doctors
are lazy. The Singapore court system operates on a different set of legal rules with
respect to press freedom, compared to countries such as the United States, and has more
flexibility to find the press liable for defamation. When Singapore government leaders
sue a journalist for defamation, the government has a more favourable position in
Singapore than in those other countries.
13. If my private post is read in context, it is evident that it is not intended to undermine
public confidence in the administration of justice. The first sentence of my private post
makes clear that its focus was the coverage by the Wall Street Journal of a political
crisis in Singapore. The second sentence in parenthesis cautions how the Singapore
government’s litigation against the international media acts as a censorship to the
coverage of the international media.
14. Any criticism is of the Singapore government’s aggressive use of legal rules such as
defamation laws which has constrained reporting by the international press.
15. What I said in my private post in context does not pose any real risk of undermining
public confidence in the administration of justice.
16. However, I have already amended my private post to clarify my meaning.
17. AGC’s letter also omits the significant fact that my 15 July post is a private posting for
my Facebook friends only.
18. Under Facebook’s terms of service, it is only when I publish content or information
using Facebook’s “Public” setting, that everyone, including people off of Facebook, is
allowed to access and use that information, and associate it with me. However, I did not
use the Public setting for my post on 15 July. It was a private posting and no one is
allowed to use or reproduce my post without my approval.
19. I have used Facebook for about a decade or so. I had never before had my private
postings used or reproduced without my approval.
20. I would not have given my approval to any request to use or reproduce my 15 July
private post.
21. However, on 15 July at 4.50pm, an anonymous Facebook user posted for public
viewing an unauthorized screenshot of my private post. This user is not on my
Facebook “friends” list. I do not know how this user obtained the screenshot of my
private post. The unauthorized screenshot showed the symbol that my post was private
and for “friends” only.
22. This unauthorized screenshot of my private post, and/or content from my private post,
was thereafter further republished and made public without my approval by others. In
the morning of 17 July, mainstream media ZaoBao, Straits Times, Business Times,
Channelnewsasia and The New Paper all published online articles and Facebook
postings relating to my private post.
23. I was not approached by any of the media or anyone for verification or clarification.
24. Instead, the mainstream media articles capitalized as newsworthy comments made on
16 July by Senior Minister of State Chee Hong Tat that he was “disappointed with” my
actions and on 17 July by AGC that it was looking into my post, making my private
post public news and widely circulated.
25. I saw the mainstream media articles and in response, on 17 July at 12.42pm I made a
Facebook posting on Public setting to express my surprise that my 15 July posting had
been enough to trigger a response from AGC in Singapore. I clarified that the 15 July
post “was shared on ‘Friends only’ privacy settings (20 likes at the time of this
writing).” I also clarified that it had been inaccurately reported that the post was
“uploaded on Saturday and was later taken down” when it had never been taken down.
26. AGC’s letter further incorrectly asserts that it was forseeable that my private post
would be republished widely in Singapore.
27. I am not responsible for the widespread and unauthorized publication and republication
in Singapore of my private post.
28. I never expected that a screenshot of my private post would be leaked or the contents of
my private post republished without my approval.
29. It was also not forseeable that thereafter my private post would warrant articles by
mainstream media or that mainstream media would put my private post to Senior
Minister Chee for his comments or that AGC would release a comment to mainstream
media that AGC is “looking into it” or that mainstream media would publish reports
capitalizing on Senior Minister Chee’s comments or the AGC’s comments.
30. I would have expected that mainstream media would verify with me and seek
clarification of what was clearly a private posting before they carried their stories, and
before they put my private post to Senior Minister Chee and AGC.
31. My 15 July post is confined to a private Facebook post. As AGC’s concern appears to
be the public reproduction of my private post, perhaps AGC should require the
mainstream media and other parties who made my private post public to delete and
remove their unauthorized publications and republications. My post will remain private
and has been amended to remove any misunderstanding, but not taken down.
Yours faithfully,
Li Shengwu

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Li ShengWu has shown that he has an intellect and EQ far superior to LHL. He is now openly against LHL

No wonder LHL sees it necessary to keep ShengWu away from SG. LHL is employing one of LKY's tactics to keep his more capable critics eg Francis Seow, TLH. away from SG

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Li ShengWu has shown that he has an intellect and EQ far superior to LHL. He is now openly against LHL

No wonder LHL sees it necessary to keep ShengWu away from SG. LHL is employing one of LKY's tactics to keep his more capable critics eg Francis Seow, TLH. away from SG

Gay loong does not want to keep Shewgwu away from zikapore. he wants him to come back so that he can be arrested for his post on FB

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gay loong does not want to keep Shewgwu away from zikapore. he wants him to come back so that he can be arrested for his post on FB
LHL wants him out so that ShengWu cant challenge him. LHL knows too well that Shengwu wont stay trial in SG. So charging him in SG Court is the best way to get rid of ShengWu

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im glad arse loong has finally found the conviction to destroy the Lees/Lis once and for all,instead of that blood is thicker than water,kumbaya my lord b.s.
his father was never a man to show any of his opponents any mercy in the cul de sac with his hatchet,let alone the innocent,they all paid dearly for their transgressions.im glad arse loong is following in his footsteps,this time by going after where it hurts most,his brother's son.

his siblings have been merciless in their assault on their brother's reputation as a pm and hurt and betrayed him terribly especially they are of his blood,and they will taste a vengence and furious anger greater than any force know to man in the universe.And they will know thy name is the LEE when i lay my vengence upon thee!!!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I'm getting my popcorn and soda ready. Season Two had begun... Someone cue GOT theme song, pretty please?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah loon n ah jinx r planning ahead ...

dey r grabbing tis golden opportunity wif all 4 hands ...

a rival of their precious ah boy can now b banished n exiled from ze loong boundary of a nose turd ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lky wud never, in his wildest imagination, haf dreamt dat ze legacy he started wud b used by his ah boy on his grand ah boy ...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder the eulogy made were warm hearted describe how good and great his grandfather was?

Wu is like us ordinary people suppressed by his grandfather and want changes.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
They need salvation and Jesus saves.

They need to read Psalm chapter.

im glad arse loong has finally found the conviction to destroy the Lees/Lis once and for all,instead of that blood is thicker than water,kumbaya my lord b.s.
his father was never a man to show any of his opponents any mercy in the cul de sac with his hatchet,let alone the innocent,they all paid dearly for their transgressions.im glad arse loong is following in his footsteps,this time by going after where it hurts most,his brother's son.

his siblings have been merciless in their assault on their brother's reputation as a pm and hurt and betrayed him terribly especially they are of his blood,and they will taste a vengence and furious anger greater than any force know to man in the universe.And they will know thy name is the LEE when i lay my vengence upon thee!!!!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where 5 or more than 5 people gather together is a crime or can be arrested for ilegal assembly in Singapore .

The Facebook is where 5 and or more than 5 gather together digitally on rhe internet shd be arrested with Wu.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wu can consider driving uber soon. Brand name kenna pikcha no place in the 1% with a case hanging over him.

His father ah yang kia shake head now. Need to yamcha w his brother and bring him to massage parlour leow.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was an error by the grandson. Took away the advantage held by his father and Aunty.

After the pathetic wayang by the PM and his minions which fooled no one the Uncle was not going to miss on a chance to crucify the other side. Clearly not interested in what people think as he has a captive country.

VK Rajah must be so relieved that he left the post in the nick of time. Lucien now looks the perfect compliant idiot. What a way to end a career.

Grandson also badly advised. If he concedes that the court is not subservient to the Govt, just apologise and take the wind out of the sail. Or is the intention is create a platform for round 1 of his own. Time will tell.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Rajah smart ass chabo first than sink w the boat.

He can spend his time ride bicycle up and down east coast park no worries of peanut case prince and lord quarrel.

Rajah is a nice man can tell me he is a judge as i ride pass him praising his new bike and has a chat.

It was an error by the grandson. Took away the advantage held by his father and Aunty.

After the pathetic wayang by the PM and his minions which fooled no one the Uncle was not going to miss on a chance to crucify the other side. Clearly not interested in what people think as he has a captive country.

VK Rajah must be so relieved that he left the post in the nick of time. Lucien now looks the perfect compliant idiot. What a way to end a career.

Grandson also badly advised. If he concedes that the court is not subservient to the Govt, just apologise and take the wind out of the sail. Or is the intention is create a platform for round 1 of his own. Time will tell.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where 5 or more than 5 people gather together is a crime or can be arrested for ilegal assembly in Singapore .

The Facebook is where 5 and or more than 5 gather together digitally on rhe internet shd be arrested with Wu.

A single person can be an illegal assembly. You are made of billions of persons as in cells. This was first implemented against Chee's sister.