• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Nearly Loses His Foot To A Lemon Booby-Trap In Toa Payoh!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20476172_10155685564001189_1079218890736992080_n.jpg

20431612_10155685564091189_2561908174691823619_n.jpg

20376046_10155685564096189_4641049026182340947_n.jpg

WARNING: I was walking my dogs this afternoon around my estate when I stepped on something sharp. A 2" long screw had pierced right through my sandal and about 1cm into the sole of my left foot. In pain and before I realized what had happened, I ripped off my sandal together with the screw. Needless to say, there was a lot of blood...

Luckily 2 men who were staying in one of the ground floor flats heard my cries and came to help. Upon closer inspection, we found that the screw was deliberately inserted into a lemon peel and there were more scattered nearby on the road and some in the grass. Altogether we found about 10 of them nearby. These have obviously been placed in such a way as to puncture car tyres but it is also extremely dangerous as people can step on them! There are a lot of families in the area and lots of children walk by as well. There is a children's playground just 10m or so away for crying out loud!

The screw didn't look rusty at least but I'm on my way to the doctors now for a shot. I'll be making a police report later once I'm stitched up, though I doubt they'll be able to catch the asshole who did this...

Just to let everyone know that there are all kinds of bastards in this world so take care of yourself and your kids and watch where you step...

I'm in considerable pain, but otherwise fine for now.

This happened at 12.55pm, 30 July 2017, in front of block 113 TOA PAYOH LORONG 1, just along the service road in front of the lift lobby.

Will update if there are further developments.

Please share and warn others...
#faithinhumanitylost
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: I got a Tetanus shot, some antibiotics, pain killers and a 3 day MC (not that I'll be able to not go to work lol... the cakes must go on...). A police report has been made and they are investigating. Unfortunately the cctvs in the area only covered the stairwells and lift lobby and not the service road. Meanwhile they have said they will step up patrols in the area and be on the look out for more of such things.

I encourage anyone who lives or is in the area to be vigilant and make a police report if you see anything similar.

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.ang.7393/posts/10155685564346189

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This guy should go to the ED. The wound should be explored and debrided properly. Whoever the GP he saw is not being thorough.

There have been cases where part of the shoe/sandal was embedded into the foot and needed to be debrided properly. Sometimes X-ray can pick it up but sometimes the material is also radio-translucent. Have seen cases where the infection and pus later on is not in the lower compartment of the foot but on the dorsum (upper part) because it went that deep.

Anyone who knows him, please advise him to go to the ED and seek orthopedic consult.

Unless the screw didn't actually go all the way into his foot and was teeny weeny superficial then maybe yeah I would agree Tetanus shot and antibiotics is good enough. In that case, then this guy is a pretty sissy. "A lot of blood" LOL!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This perpetrator has obviously done so with malicious intent...such scumbag asshole deserved to be flogged and hanged..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope the SAF takes notice of this sinkie version of a landmine. It is pretty low tech but effective in maiming a soldier.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha…props to the guy who designed this….ideal for dumb singos who stare at their phones instead of the road

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy should go to the ED. The wound should be explored and debrided properly. Whoever the GP he saw is not being thorough.

There have been cases where part of the shoe/sandal was embedded into the foot and needed to be debrided properly. Sometimes X-ray can pick it up but sometimes the material is also radio-translucent. Have seen cases where the infection and pus later on is not in the lower compartment of the foot but on the dorsum (upper part) because it went that deep.

Anyone who knows him, please advise him to go to the ED and seek orthopedic consult.

Unless the screw didn't actually go all the way into his foot and was teeny weeny superficial then maybe yeah I would agree Tetanus shot and antibiotics is good enough. In that case, then this guy is a pretty sissy. "A lot of blood" LOL!

at his age alrdy got ED, goto ED will not help. he should goto block 44 or 69