• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Halimah Not Running For Presidency?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple. Who hold the power? President or PM? Very obvious right. So whether teres a EP or not it really got nothing to do with me. Will it affect ur future, career, family etc?

If the purpose of the EP is to check and balance the power of the PM, then it is important that we have an Elected President who is not a puppet.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the purpose of the EP is to check and balance the power of the PM, then it is important that we have an Elected President who is not a puppet.

Wat do u tink? Will EP check on PM? :smile: Maybe John Cunt has the answer

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont want the EP to be a PAP puppet. That's why I am speaking out against a PAP endorsed President

The entire political arena is and will be dominated by PAP...like it or not, lan lan must suck it in.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The entire political arena is and will be dominated by PAP...like it or not, lan lan must suck it in.

PAP will try to dominate, by hook or by crook, as much as Singaporean voters allow them to. Singaporean voters must claim back power from the pap

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will try to dominate, by hook or by crook, as much as Singaporean voters allow them to. Singaporean voters must claim back power from the pap

Very strange scenario here.....

PAP lan lan wants a PAP puppet as EP.

The only benefit is in the final veto of the use of reserves by the existing gahmen.

Don't tell me the scared that they might not be in power soon?

Even with a non PAP puppet as EP...what's the difference currently?

The EP has no other executive rights or powers whatsoever to conduct political changes within the republic.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very strange scenario here.....

PAP lan lan wants a PAP puppet as EP.

The only benefit is in the final veto of the use of reserves by the existing gahmen.

Don't tell me the scared that they might not be in power soon?

Even with a non PAP puppet as EP...what's the difference currently?

The EP has no other executive rights or powers whatsoever to conduct political changes within the republic.

The big issue is LHL. His ego will be deflated when he and his Cabinet have to stand up if his nemesis gets elected and President TCB walks into the room.

Die die LHL must prevent a TCB Presidency

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20615599_10155241558048001_2963877153493996390_o.jpg

JUST IN: Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob has announced that she will be running in September's Presidential Election. The Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC MP was speaking at the Marsiling National Day Dinner Celebration. Details to come.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
20615599_10155241558048001_2963877153493996390_o.jpg

JUST IN: Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob has announced that she will be running in September's Presidential Election. The Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC MP was speaking at the Marsiling National Day Dinner Celebration. Details to come.

Just in Sharia Law to take effect across Zikapore.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
fake news thread.

Not fake news. Read the Thread Title carefully.

Halimah's acceptance of the nomination to contest the Sep 17 PE just shows that she is a running dog lured by glitter of power and willing to renounce her ancestry. It does not void the validity of this thread

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
... shows that she is a running dog lured by glitter of power and willing to renounce her ancestry.
But was that what you "heard":
From what I heard abt her she is not like that. So there is a glimmer of hope that she is honourable and respectable.

So despite all the speculation, Halimah may pull a surprise and declare that she is not running for the Reserved Presidency
or did you "hear" wrongly? :confused: :wink:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you go watch Halimah's interview, she speaks like a primary school principal. Entirely uninspiring. She said she spent 40 over years in the labour movement. Oh dear, i struggle to single out even one thing she has done for the Singapore labour force!