• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STOCK Market Is A BIG Joke....

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyday only BIG caps and Index linked stocks being ding donged up and down. Also BIG BOYS LINKED counters only.

Where are the fundamentals for markets to rise?

All these CBKs trying to lure the remainder of POOR PEOPLE's money into the market and SUCK THEM DRY.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right man. Many funds like to 'play' in S'pore mkt b'cos they just need to push a few of the index stocks, & the STI index will just move along. By doing so, they can control & influence the STI index. They can then manipulate the mkt & earn money from the Index futures movement like SIMSCI & STI Futures. You can always see Angmohs driving their convertibles & celebrating their winnings. SGX is well aware of all these manipulation, but just choose to keep quiet. SGX will only go after small groups like brokers & directors of local company & then advertised on newspapers. This world is very unfair. :(

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, its a big joke, and I am laughing all the way to the bank.
Having said that, please exit all your positions before the big banks
in USA announce their results this week.

Go with the flow, and get out when you feel its topish.

jw5

Loyal
You are right man. Many funds like to 'play' in S'pore mkt b'cos they just need to push a few of the index stocks, & the STI index will just move along. By doing so, they can control & influence the STI index. They can then manipulate the mkt & earn money from the Index futures movement like SIMSCI & STI Futures. You can always see Angmohs driving their convertibles & celebrating their winnings. SGX is well aware of all these manipulation, but just choose to keep quiet. SGX will only go after small groups like brokers & directors of local company & then advertised on newspapers. This world is very unfair. :(
True bro, the world is unfair and life is unfair.
But death is life's greatest equalizer.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes, its a big joke, and I am laughing all the way to the bank.
Having said that, please exit all your positions before the big banks
in USA announce their results this week.

Go with the flow, and get out when you feel its topish.

Bro Conan, you are right again. BAC surprised me though when it did more than 11 yesterday. Time to get out

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Index linked stocks being ding donged up and down.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsN5MtKtWcg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry, Singapore stock index will not drop beyond 1500 from now. Our great PAP government has earned the investors and traders trust. 3 cheers for our great PAP government. :smile:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the stock market is indeed a big joke then why aren't the majority of the speculators and investors laughing?

You mean they have no sense of humor?

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just don't understand the stock index hit pass 1800 pts. Look at Capitaland, its 2.92 today. Anyway I am happy as I got the chare at chaper price plus the rights.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-lbIfaqm0U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HP_INDU.png

Near 8000 an hour ago. Profit taking time...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thursday, April 16, 2009

NYSE Chief Cautious Over March Stock Market Rally: Report

<form action="" method="post"></form>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/widget/?tabs=email%2Cweb&charset=utf-8&services=digg%2Cfacebook%2Cmyspace%2Cdelicious%2Cstumbleupon%2Ctechnorati%2Cgoogle_bmarks%2Cyahoo_bmarks%2Cyahoo_myweb%2Cwindows_live%2Cfriendfeed%2Cnewsvine%2Cmixx%2Cfurl%2Cmagnolia%2Creddit&style=rotate&publisher=ccd2a158-6cce-4bbc-afa8-1d2dc62fe84c&headerbg=%23c9cad4&linkfg=%230f0fa9&embeds=true&offsetLeft=-120"></script> | Respond to Editor | Print

Simon Kennedy

MarketWatch Pulse
<style xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:functx="http://www.functx.com" type="text/css">buzz { float: right; margin-top: -4px; margin-left: -2px; } // get ybuzz li to show up properly on the right </style> <script type="text/javascript">nbsp; /*if(placement=="right") show_baynote_guide("ArticleGuide");*/ </script>

LONDON -- Duncan Niederauer, CEO of NYSE Euronext said the stock market rally in March was deceptive because it was driven by short-term traders, rather than "real money" investors, according to an interview with the Financial Times. Niederauer said traders were trying to take advantage of high volatility and that gains in indices and trading volumes didn't reflect any real conviction that the worst of the crisis is over, the report said. "I think we're waiting for another rally, in my opinion, in around June and July," Niederauer said in the interview, adding that a summer rally would be a six to nine-month leading indicator of an economic recovery.
Copyright © 2009 MarketWatch, Inc.