• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious "World Best Debator" Li Shengwu Not So Glib Anymore! Kowtowed And Apologized!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2c4451e8daba21359a0c44b84ea98740

Li Shengwu, the eldest son of Lee Hsien Yang, said that a social media posting that he made in July was intended as a criticism of the “litigious nature” of the Singapore government and its subsequent effect on media freedoms, and not on the judiciary.

“It is not my intent to attack the Singapore judiciary or to undermine public confidence in the administration of justice. Any criticism I made is of the Singapore government’s litigious nature, and its use of legal rules and actions to stifle the free press,” said Li in a Facebook post on Friday (4 August).

Li was referring to a private Facebook post he had made in July. Linking to a Wall Street Journal article about the Lee family feud, Li said then, “The Singapore government is very litigious and has a pliant court system. This constrains what the international media can usually report.”

The 32-year-old, who is also the nephew of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, said he had been sent a “threatening letter” by the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) that called the post an attack on the Singapore judiciary and in contempt of court. In response, he had decided to amend the original post to avoid any “misunderstanding”.

He explained that his intention was to convey the restrictions on international media in their reporting on the Lee saga, and the different legal rules with respect to press freedom in Singapore as compared with countries such as the United States.

“There is also flexibility in Singapore’s defamation laws – they just have different boundaries from the defamation laws in other jurisdictions. The government makes use of these legal rules to restrict unfavourable reporting,” he added.

Li noted that an “unauthorised screenshot” of the post had been taken and then published by several media outlets, including Singapore mainstream media.

“No one who published or republished my private post had approached me to clarify what I meant. Curiously, the Singapore media had time to seek statements from a Senior Minister of State and the AGC, but did not even do basic fact-checking – they inaccurately reported that the post was taken down, because they did not bother to contact me.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/not-attack-singapore-judiciary-li-shengwu-061734539.html

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now he says his uncle gov ago never check properly.

How how twisted can get away voc uncle always pan chan nephew but not RN.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
2c4451e8daba21359a0c44b84ea98740

Li Shengwu, the eldest son of Lee Hsien Yang, said that a social media posting that he made in July was intended as a criticism of the “litigious nature” of the Singapore government and its subsequent effect on media freedoms, and not on the judiciary.

“It is not my intent to attack the Singapore judiciary or to undermine public confidence in the administration of justice. Any criticism I made is of the Singapore government’s litigious nature, and its use of legal rules and actions to stifle the free press,” said Li in a Facebook post on Friday (4 August).

Li was referring to a private Facebook post he had made in July. Linking to a Wall Street Journal article about the Lee family feud, Li said then, “The Singapore government is very litigious and has a pliant court system. This constrains what the international media can usually report.”

The 32-year-old, who is also the nephew of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, said he had been sent a “threatening letter” by the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) that called the post an attack on the Singapore judiciary and in contempt of court. In response, he had decided to amend the original post to avoid any “misunderstanding”.

He explained that his intention was to convey the restrictions on international media in their reporting on the Lee saga, and the different legal rules with respect to press freedom in Singapore as compared with countries such as the United States.

“There is also flexibility in Singapore’s defamation laws – they just have different boundaries from the defamation laws in other jurisdictions. The government makes use of these legal rules to restrict unfavourable reporting,” he added.

Li noted that an “unauthorised screenshot” of the post had been taken and then published by several media outlets, including Singapore mainstream media.

“No one who published or republished my private post had approached me to clarify what I meant. Curiously, the Singapore media had time to seek statements from a Senior Minister of State and the AGC, but did not even do basic fact-checking – they inaccurately reported that the post was taken down, because they did not bother to contact me.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/not-attack-singapore-judiciary-li-shengwu-061734539.html

Go chop off your dick Tan.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you label the country's court system as "pliant", it's a clear attack on the judiciary. You are saying that the judges will "bend" according to the wishes of the Executive. So mai siamz lah !

dogsbody

Alfrescian
Loyal
SCMP (Singaporean reporter BHAVAN JAIPRAGAS) says

It is understood the Attorney General’s Chambers wrote to Li asking him to expunge this original post, and put up an apology pre-written by government lawyers by July 28. Li did not mention this in his statement on Friday.

So he refused to apologise but tried to clarify his position. Looks like he will indeed be targeted by AGC and other organs of state for a private Facebook post. I pity the guy, attacked by PAP supporters and opposition (Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss) and shit-stirrers like Andrew Loh in general.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its hard to retract a statement that clearly meant the judiciary. This is not going to end anytime soon.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This guy will be arrested once he returns to Singapore. He better apply for his green card through trumps new system.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Which part in the article mentioned he apologised? TS is really fuck up.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Which part in the article mentioned he apologised? TS is really fuck up.

I consider this a form of apology or backpeddle. This Li jackass, the shame of Ah Gong, insulted our judiciary and immediately gave a half-fucked apology when the AGC confronted him and demanded that he manned up.

“It is not my intent to attack the Singapore judiciary or to undermine public confidence in the administration of justice.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a man died he leaves behind his name.

His name is spell Li not Lee. Not Leelated so chargeable.

A man walketh in his righteousness his children are blessed after him.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Frankly what is the big deal with this "world best debator" bullshit?

Might as well say "world best masturbator" same thing right? It's not really the real thing and not the big leagues. Just pretend pretend for geena.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
A dictator send his grandchildren to study in a non dictator country that will corrupt them.

After tasting trump pussies go back home want that pussies cannot get it say bad of the dictator.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly what is the big deal with this "world best debator" bullshit?

Might as well say "world best masturbator" same thing right? It's not really the real thing and not the big leagues. Just pretend pretend for geena.

Only if you have lotsa semen

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bastard has fled! Will our Home Affairs be assembling an elite team to bring him back like what happened to those pesky hongkie booksellers?

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Li Shengwu, the nephew of Singapore's prime minister, who will face contempt of court proceedings for comments he made suggesting the city-state's courts were not independent, said on Saturday he would not be returning to Singapore.

The office of Singapore's attorney general said on Friday it will seek to begin contempt of court proceedings against Li, a U.S.-based academic, over Facebook posts he made on July 15. The legal move is the latest twist in a family feud over the fate of late Singapore founding father Lee Kwan Yew's house that gripped the nation last month.

In his post, Li, nephew of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and a son of Lee's brother, Lee Hsien Yang, described the Singapore government as "litigious" and the courts as "pliant".

Li, 32, is currently a junior fellow at Harvard University and told Reuters he expected to commence an assistant professor position with the university in the fall of 2018.

He said he would seek to defend himself through legal representation in Singapore but would not be returning to the country.

"I have no intention of going back to Singapore. I have a happy life and a fulfilling job in the U.S.," he told Reuters in an interview.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-singapore-politics-letter