Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Mammogram

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Mammogram

    Accompanied a friend for mammogram KKH. It was a 10min job of squeezing and pressing.

    The bill came to $155.

    This is atrocious!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,703
    My Reputation Points: 1066 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Mammogram

    you should help her to save money.
    squeeze her neh neh. see if she says: kim chee
    Quote Originally Posted by HK14K View Post
    No worries, the "Hero & Coward" thread will come but we should concentrate first on the nation hottest issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlyn View Post
    shameful and despicable scum PAP regime,
    a small island with millions of salary for PAP cronies from tax payers fund and yet have many hottest issues?

    only people who receive some scum benefits from shameful and despicable PAP regime cronies would agree your statement

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,479
    My Reputation Points: 4375 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Mammogram

    about right. $69 per boob. plus tax.
    6.9 k's of sinkies: kopi, kaya toast, kueh kueh, kio kway, ktv, kpkb.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,299
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    10 min to take the X-ray of the breasts eh? $155 too much eh?

    Well maybe they should have package where you can have the mammogram done and collect the films WITHOUT having it reported by a radiologist. You can go look look at the nice X-ray peektures of your own boobs for low low price of $6.90! Then you yourself can decide whether the mammogram got show cancer or not.

    Good or not?

    Or maybe can bring the films go to family doctor ask him/her to read see if got cancer or no cancer. GP consult is wha $5-$20? Cheaper than $155 lah.
    Last edited by nayr69sg; 04-08-2017 at 03:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,258
    My Reputation Points: 458 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    Accompanied a friend for mammogram KKH. It was a 10min job of squeezing and pressing.

    The bill came to $155.

    This is atrocious!
    Should got sata, cheaper

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,926
    My Reputation Points: 152 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Normally i do for free.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by nayr69sg View Post
    10 min to take the X-ray of the breasts eh? $155 too much eh?

    Well maybe they should have package where you can have the mammogram done and collect the films WITHOUT having it reported by a radiologist. You can go look look at the nice X-ray peektures of your own boobs for low low price of $6.90! Then you yourself can decide whether the mammogram got show cancer or not.

    Good or not?

    Or maybe can bring the films go to family doctor ask him/her to read see if got cancer or no cancer. GP consult is wha $5-$20? Cheaper than $155 lah.
    Yes, $155 for mammogram is too expensive, considering the pap pays $1k+ for filipino nurses and $3k+ for myanmarese doctors.

    I know of a SG doctor who graduated from UK and is working at SGH for $3K+ a month and he was threatened that his tenure with SGH may not be renewed as they can replace him with foreign doctors. Morale among the younger doctors is low.

    So considering the poor management of health care in SG, $155 is high
    Last edited by ckmpd; 04-08-2017 at 05:32 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by virus View Post
    Should got sata, cheaper
    KKH is a public hospital. why shd it charge high for its services?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by syed putra View Post
    Normally i do for free.
    yes, she likes massages

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    29
    My Reputation Points: 200 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    KKH is a public hospital. why shd it charge high for its services?
    Simple. Healthcare is a monopoly. The govt can charge as much as they want and u will have to accept. It doesnt help that our doctors have an entitlement mentality.

    The solution to lower healthcare costs is to increase the supply of doctors but the establishment wont allow that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by creampie View Post
    Simple. Healthcare is a monopoly. The govt can charge as much as they want and u will have to accept. It doesnt help that our doctors have an entitlement mentality.

    The solution to lower healthcare costs is to increase the supply of doctors but the establishment wont allow that.
    Yes. PAP is killing Singaporeans. Charging high for healthcare and profiteering from the sick, poor and aged is moral deprivation

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    9,135
    My Reputation Points: 981 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Mammogram

    think of it like this : 155 for peace of mind. or earlier detection that can save your life. I think it's not a lot to pay.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by red amoeba View Post
    think of it like this : 155 for peace of mind. or earlier detection that can save your life. I think it's not a lot to pay.
    but shd the govt profit from health care to its citizens?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by syed putra View Post
    Normally i do for free.
    This friend of mine is a Singaporean, tall and shapely. she had been referred by her gynae to his doc friend for a 2nd opinion of her woman's problem. I was suspicious of the gynae's motive. Was I being unduly worried?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    713
    My Reputation Points: 694 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    Accompanied a friend for mammogram KKH. It was a 10min job of squeezing and pressing.

    The bill came to $155.

    This is atrocious!
    Its very simple,

    Good things not cheap, cheap things not good. PAP is best.
    cmkpd :I share what I know be it economics, politics, singapore, share market, industry, aviation, companies, sia, Kep corp, SGX, meteorology, etc. anyone is free to express her opinions.

    Singapore Stock Exchange thread



    Mistakes shd never be condoned

    Author: ckmpd, Book: Singaporeans and Israelis

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by parrardee View Post
    Its very simple,

    Good things not cheap, cheap things not good.
    tell that to pap. why is pap importing cheap foreign trash?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,018
    My Reputation Points: 250 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by parrardee View Post
    Its very simple,

    Good things not cheap, cheap things not good. PAP is best.
    Trouble with pap is it is expensive. But pap is trash and no good. That is why we are getting rid of pap before SG crumbles

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    532
    My Reputation Points: 219 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    Trouble with pap is it is expensive. But pap is trash and no good. That is why we are getting rid of pap before SG crumbles
    Aunty ah. The "we" u are referring to is only 30%. Dont waste your breath. If want to win it would have been last GE. Now to late leow.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,299
    My Reputation Points: 505 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Singaporeans ai chee ai pee.

    I dunno about singapore but here in Canada the radiologist are bloody good in reading those mammogram and ultrasound scans. It takes many years of training to be good at it enough to sign off as normal. Easy to say got this and that suspicious microcalcifications and need biopsy. Harder to call normal.

    It is cancer we are talking about. No joke. $155 per year equates to $0.42 per day for peace of mind. Part of the $155 pays for the expertise that these radiologists have spent years training for.

    Next complain we will hear is Mammogram waste of time $155 squeeze breasts painful then normal . Waste money waste time.

    Better to have report say got cancer then money well spent. Singaporeans mentality I know very well.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,794
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Mammogram

    Quote Originally Posted by ckmpd View Post
    Accompanied a friend for mammogram KKH. It was a 10min job of squeezing and pressing.

    The bill came to $155.

    This is atrocious!
    I'm pretty good at squeezing and pressing female boobs. I've helped grassroots volunteers in their 20s and early 30s check for breast cancer. Proud to say that I've saved at least 3 lives thanks to my early intervention. My fees are $3 for sinkies and $1 for new sinkies.

    Never tried with male oppie man-boobs though. Most oppies I meet in real life tend to be fat and out of shape.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The importance of a mammogram
    By SammyHulk in forum Discussions about Religion.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-01-2009, 09:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •