• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Two Alpha Males Finds Success In Love And Career After Ditching Their Toxic Wives

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
brewlander-rookery-170803.jpg

SINGAPORE (THE NEW PAPER) - Life, both professionally and personally, for former local radio DJ Daniel Ong and American-born Chinese actor-host Allan Wu could not be better.

The New Paper met up with the friends of 10 years and co-owners of local craft beer label Brewlander at Ong's Australian-American casual dining restaurant Rookery's second outlet.

It opened in June in Capitol Tower at Tanjong Pagar with a seating capacity of 100.

The first outlet is in Hong Leong Building at Raffles Quay.

Unique to the second outlet is a beer cold room that allows beers to be served at zero deg C. There are also daily specials, such as a $1 coffee with any breakfast purchased and $9.90 beers.

The outlet is in talks to be one of the first places to stock all variants of Brewlander, which was launched in March with four brews. Three more - bittersweet porter Respect, gentle N.E.W. (New England wheat) ale Peace and flavourful session IPA (India pale ale) Joy - has since been added to the mix.

Ong, 41, said Brewlander is gaining momentum and profit margins are "all right". It sold 3,600 litres a variant in the initial stages, and many of its distributors are reordering.

It is evident that the men take much pride in their beers, which are brewed by award-winning local brewer John Wei, calling them an "elevated taste" that pairs well with any food, depending on the brew.

The label is Wu's first foray into the food and beverage (F&B) industry, and it was brought on by his love for craft beer, which he learnt to appreciate in his hometown in California.

Brewlander is also distributed in Taipei, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Cambodia, but the duo want to expand to "every single country".

Wu, 45, who has been dubbed by Ong as the "poster boy" of Brewlander, said: "We never really had such a market in Singapore or even South-east Asia. (Craft beers) were starting to gain more traction, so Dan and I thought, 'Why not?'

"I always look forward to (craft beers) in the US, so it is like bringing a taste of home here."

Wu, who has been hosting reality TV series The Amazing Race Asia since its inception in 2006 and is currently filming the fourth season of The Amazing Race China, is not ruling out starting his own food business.

He said: "If I do, it would be something fast moving at a lower cost, like delivering pizza.

"I love Chicago deep-dish pizza. It is not available here because people are health-conscious, but I would give it a shot."

For Ong, the F&B industry is one of the toughest, citing manpower shortage and high rental as just some of the woes.

But he thinks that they will survive, adding: "I have always believed that along with great service, if your product is good, consistent and of quality, people will keep coming back."

Ong got divorced from local actress-host Jaime Teo, with whom he has a seven-year-old daughter, last year. He called the time he almost drank himself to death "a blessing in disguise" - it gave him opportunities to focus on entrepreneurship.

He has been hosting gigs and doing motivational speaking too.

He is also the managing director of social media advertising agency Woohoo.Co and renovation and building materials company Danwerkz.

Things are also looking up in the romance department for the single fathers.

Wu, who has two children aged 12 and 10 with ex-wife and former actress Wong Li-Lin, is dating Miss Malaysia World 2012 and model-emcee Yvonne Lee, 29, who came in second in The Amazing Race Asia 5.

images

Ong is seeing local make-up artist Linda Lee.

NP_20170803_JTDAN03-X8G_1600588.jpg

Wu said: "Both of us are definitely past that period where we were afraid to try being in a relationship again.

"Time heals everything. It is just a matter of time when you are ready to open up your heart to someone else, and I think we are."

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/daniel-ong-and-allan-wu-enjoying-success-in-work-and-love

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
brewlander-rookery-170803.jpg

SINGAPORE (THE NEW PAPER) - Life, both professionally and personally, for former local radio DJ Daniel Ong and American-born Chinese actor-host Allan Wu could not be better.

The New Paper met up with the friends of 10 years and co-owners of local craft beer label Brewlander at Ong's Australian-American casual dining restaurant Rookery's second outlet.

It opened in June in Capitol Tower at Tanjong Pagar with a seating capacity of 100.

The first outlet is in Hong Leong Building at Raffles Quay.

Unique to the second outlet is a beer cold room that allows beers to be served at zero deg C. There are also daily specials, such as a $1 coffee with any breakfast purchased and $9.90 beers.

The outlet is in talks to be one of the first places to stock all variants of Brewlander, which was launched in March with four brews. Three more - bittersweet porter Respect, gentle N.E.W. (New England wheat) ale Peace and flavourful session IPA (India pale ale) Joy - has since been added to the mix.

Ong, 41, said Brewlander is gaining momentum and profit margins are "all right". It sold 3,600 litres a variant in the initial stages, and many of its distributors are reordering.

It is evident that the men take much pride in their beers, which are brewed by award-winning local brewer John Wei, calling them an "elevated taste" that pairs well with any food, depending on the brew.

The label is Wu's first foray into the food and beverage (F&B) industry, and it was brought on by his love for craft beer, which he learnt to appreciate in his hometown in California.

Brewlander is also distributed in Taipei, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Cambodia, but the duo want to expand to "every single country".

Wu, 45, who has been dubbed by Ong as the "poster boy" of Brewlander, said: "We never really had such a market in Singapore or even South-east Asia. (Craft beers) were starting to gain more traction, so Dan and I thought, 'Why not?'

"I always look forward to (craft beers) in the US, so it is like bringing a taste of home here."

Wu, who has been hosting reality TV series The Amazing Race Asia since its inception in 2006 and is currently filming the fourth season of The Amazing Race China, is not ruling out starting his own food business.

He said: "If I do, it would be something fast moving at a lower cost, like delivering pizza.

"I love Chicago deep-dish pizza. It is not available here because people are health-conscious, but I would give it a shot."

For Ong, the F&B industry is one of the toughest, citing manpower shortage and high rental as just some of the woes.

But he thinks that they will survive, adding: "I have always believed that along with great service, if your product is good, consistent and of quality, people will keep coming back."

Ong got divorced from local actress-host Jaime Teo, with whom he has a seven-year-old daughter, last year. He called the time he almost drank himself to death "a blessing in disguise" - it gave him opportunities to focus on entrepreneurship.

He has been hosting gigs and doing motivational speaking too.

He is also the managing director of social media advertising agency Woohoo.Co and renovation and building materials company Danwerkz.

Things are also looking up in the romance department for the single fathers.

Wu, who has two children aged 12 and 10 with ex-wife and former actress Wong Li-Lin, is dating Miss Malaysia World 2012 and model-emcee Yvonne Lee, 29, who came in second in The Amazing Race Asia 5.

images

Ong is seeing local make-up artist Linda Lee.

NP_20170803_JTDAN03-X8G_1600588.jpg

Wu said: "Both of us are definitely past that period where we were afraid to try being in a relationship again.

"Time heals everything. It is just a matter of time when you are ready to open up your heart to someone else, and I think we are."

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/daniel-ong-and-allan-wu-enjoying-success-in-work-and-love

I think it is best Singapore men should be left all alone by Singapore woman if they insist to wear the pants. Then there will be no divorced rate.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw the heading and thought 2 men ditch their wife to be together, out of closet finally:biggrin: