• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat anyone using e scooter?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
depends on what you're looking for mobility as in able to carry into a train up the stairs etc, longest distance, fastest speed all of which the xiaomi isn't the best in each category.

If someone has lost their driver's license and needs a scooter to get to and from the MRT (about 4km either way) I guess the most important factors would be range and transportability.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If someone has lost their driver's license and needs a scooter to get to and from the MRT (about 4km either way) I guess the most important factors would be range and transportability.
wah why 4km in particular?

even the e scooter with the lowest battery charge can travel 30km almost the length of SG so 4km to an mrt is nothing. Transportability is important in the sense sometimes you need to use the train/cab/car to carry the scooter so a lighter one would be preferred but lighter ones tend to have smaller wheels and won't be so stable on the roads/walk ways.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because I have a particular "someone" in mind. :p

LTA has compliance rules on size of e scooters that you can bring on the train but it's not an issue in the sense that if it's too heavy to carry easily with one hand the chances are it's too big to go into the mrt.

Took me less than a day to master the thing. Now i can easily hit speeds of 30kmh+ on it. Take note LTA compliance rules state the max speed has to be 25kmh but i don't give a fuck about that.

Anyone one should test drive a few different brands before making a purchase. I can say it's much easier to travel on compared to the ofo or obikes cos they only have 1 gear.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
LTA has compliance rules on size of e scooters that you can bring on the train but it's not an issue in the sense that if it's too heavy to carry easily with one hand the chances are it's too big to go into the mrt.

Took me less than a day to master the thing. Now i can easily hit speeds of 30kmh+ on it. Take note LTA compliance rules state the max speed has to be 25kmh but i don't give a fuck about that.

Anyone one should test drive a few different brands before making a purchase. I can say it's much easier to travel on compared to the ofo or obikes cos they only have 1 gear.

I'll ask him to get this one....

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 738

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll ask him to get this one....

what brand is that? Typically smaller and lighter scooters don't give the best scooting experience IMO. They are more bumpy and not fast and don't travel long distances but if all you're looking for is a short commute to an mrt then it's ok but then again they already have obikes and ofo bikes for that.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

that's not true.
I drive but I had another xiaomi e scooter(low end) and hoverboard in my vehicle as well.
I love to slow ride at the sea side.it is fun and enjoyable ride.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's not true.
I drive but I had another xiaomi e scooter(low end) and hoverboard in my vehicle as well.
I love to slow ride at the sea side.it is fun and enjoyable ride.

love to try the hoverboard one day and also the segway. It's what ppl use to move around in huge warehouses. They also have the one wheel where you can balance on and move but that's impratical for travelling more like just for some leisure.

Also scooters with higher wattage = faster speed = more power to go up slopes i doubt the xiaomi can handle that well up the slope.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a Chinese one,800w motor,full suspension,dual disc brakes,max speed 60km/h,48v 18ah battery,max range 50 to 70km if cruising at 35kph,about 40km if travelling at 50 to 55kph.should have gone for the 28ah but I was too cheapo,cost about $800.this thing is a beast,have travelled from tanjong rhu to plaza sing and back with 50 percent battery left.too bad escooter are banned on road.... travelling on sidewalks is a pain in the ass.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a Chinese one,800w motor,full suspension,dual disc brakes,max speed 60km/h,48v 18ah battery,max range 50 to 70km if cruising at 35kph,about 40km if travelling at 50 to 55kph.should have gone for the 28ah but I was too cheapo,cost about $800.this thing is a beast,have travelled from tanjong rhu to plaza sing and back with 50 percent battery left.too bad escooter are banned on road.... travelling on sidewalks is a pain in the ass.

does it have a brand name?

Yours must be the one that cannot be carried unto the mrt. I been searching around and so far couldn't find an escooter that goes above 50km/hr sold in sg even the non mini versions.

It's true that you cannot ride it on roads but one can always do it say at night when traffic is lower. LTA only allows 25km/hr top speed but i am sure many ppl have e scooters that easily go faster than that and same with ebikes.

Btw some ppl do travel on the road well above the max speed like this guy here who they claim travelled at 70km/hr

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ht-on-video-overtaking-bus-at-70kmh-in-mandai

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does it have a brand name?

Yours must be the one that cannot be carried unto the mrt. I been searching around and so far couldn't find an escooter that goes above 50km/hr sold in sg even the non mini versions.

It's true that you cannot ride it on roads but one can always do it say at night when traffic is lower. LTA only allows 25km/hr top speed but i am sure many ppl have e scooters that easily go faster than that and same with ebikes.

Btw some ppl do travel on the road well above the max speed like this guy here who they claim travelled at 70km/hr

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ht-on-video-overtaking-bus-at-70kmh-in-mandai

It's the REB something with a chink name.

Yeah u can't carry it easily,it's over 20kg...can barely walk 100m with it.so finding a place to park and lock it is another problem.

The best escooter would be one that's balanced between lightweight and portability and still have decent range to go someplace decent.

Anyway I do travel on the road after midnight but not too much cause alot of pesky police doing rounds and u dunno what they might do.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the REB something with a chink name.

Yeah u can't carry it easily,it's over 20kg...can barely walk 100m with it.so finding a place to park and lock it is another problem.

The best escooter would be one that's balanced between lightweight and portability and still have decent range to go someplace decent.

Anyway I do travel on the road after midnight but not too much cause alot of pesky police doing rounds and u dunno what they might do.

True like what they wanted to do with this china guy's e scooter for riding it on the road