• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Trumps White House falling apart and apart again

cunt_opener

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/trump-allies-think-reince-priebus-days-are-numbered

Reince Priebus's Days Are Numbered, Trump Allies Say

Kellyanne Conway has privately told people that the administration is going to get rid of those with ties to the Republican National Committee and is "going back to Trump loyalists."
Posted on July 27, 2017, 20:20 GMT
Adrian Carrasquillo
Adrian Carrasquillo
BuzzFeed News Reporter
Share On facebook
Share On pinterest
Share On twitter
Share On email
Share On tumblr
Share On stumbleupon
Share On linkedin
Share On reddit
Share On googleplus
Brendan Smialowski / AFP / Getty Images

Share On facebook
Share On pinterest

The White House used to sternly push back on reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus was losing the president's favor and would soon be fired.

When President Trump's staff began questioning Priebus's efficacy and job security in conversations with reporters in early March, the White House blasted on-record refutations, telling BuzzFeed News at the time that the chief of staff is "an incredible leader" who has played an "essential" role on the president's priorities, like health care.

Those days appear to be over.

Just in the last 24 hours, new White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci has all but accused Priebus of being the source of leaks that damage the administration and infuriate the president. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders declined to publicly express confidence in the chief of staff during Thursday's press briefing. And instead of defending Priebus, senior White House officials now tell BuzzFeed News that his days appear to be numbered.

Privately, Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, has told people that Priebus is "gone" and that he is trying to figure out his next steps, a source with knowledge said. Her message is that White House staffers who came from the Republican National Committee, which Priebus ran before being named chief of staff, are out, and that the administration is "going back to Trump loyalists."

Conway did not respond to a request for comment.

A senior administration official, asked about that potential staffing shake-up, said, "It's not that simple."

A separate senior White House official said it's seemed like Priebus's days have been numbered since the first day of the administration — based on nonstop news reports that the chief of staff has consistently survived — so the source has decided to stay out of the latest power battle and focus on the president's agenda.

But the latest turn, with public finger-pointing, seems different. On Twitter on Wednesday night, Scaramucci said his financial disclosure had been leaked — though such disclosures are made publicly available — and said he would contact the FBI and Justice Department to investigate, curiously tagging Priebus in the tweet and adding the hashtag "swamp."

Scaramucci then went on CNN's New Day on Thursday morning to talk about Priebus in an incredibly unusual segment in which he went into the ill will in their relationship.

"When I said we were brothers from the podium, that's because we're rough on each other. Some brothers are like Cain and Abel. Other brothers can fight with each other and get along," he said. In the Book of Genesis, Cain murders Abel following a perceived slight from God.

"I don't know if this is reparable or not, that will be up to the president," Scaramucci said.

Sanders would not say during Thursday's press briefing whether Trump has confidence in Priebus, a question White House spokespeople have answered affirmatively in the past.

"If the president doesn't, he'll make that decision," she said.

Matt Mackowiak, a GOP strategist and founder of Potomac Strategy Group, said the chatter in Republican circles about Priebus's future is that the former Republican Party chair is loath to become the shortest-tenured chief of staff in American history by being fired, eyeing September to clear that hurdle.

But with Scaramucci publicly prodding Priebus — and with no guarantee that the administration will succeed in its ongoing efforts to pass a health care overhaul — it may be difficult for Priebus to last longer in his role than a similarly beset chief of staff who was fired: Samuel Skinner, who served under George H.W. Bush.

Three chiefs of staff had shorter tenures than Skinner's 252 days, but one was James Baker, a well-regarded chief of staff to Ronald Reagan who came onboard to help Bush after Skinner's departure, and the other two were short-lived because their bosses' terms expired — Jack Watson under Jimmy Carter and Kenneth Duberstein under Ronald Reagan. To last longer than Skinner, Priebus would need to stay on until Sept. 30.

Priebus's legacy matters to him, an ally said, noting that he hoped to remain in the role for a year but is now trying to "notch as many wins as possible" before it's over.

"He wants this president to be a success, he knows that if the president has a good legacy, then Reince will," the source added.

Even though Priebus has often been left for dead only to carry on, his position now seems rockier, with Trump receiving conflicting advice from multiple senior staffers since bringing on Scaramucci.

"The originals are saying get rid of the RNC people, they’re leaking; his allies are saying the agenda is stuck you need to shake things up; and his supporters and friends are saying you have to find a way to stop the Russia investigation, it’s a mortal threat," Mackowiak said.

But after Scaramucci told CNN on Thursday that "establishment" forces exist "inside the administration that think it is their job to save America from this president," both those who think Priebus should stay and those who want him out said Scaramucci had gone too far.

A White House adviser said that Priebus was not particularly loyal during the campaign — "every time we ran into trouble, he was the first one to run" — but said Scaramucci is distracting from the administration's message.

"Why is Scaramucci calling into CNN for 30 minutes and talking about freaking White House intrigue?" the adviser said. “I’m sure there is some method to his madness, but it’s hard to see it.”

"The stuff Anthony is pulling is unreal," another source close to the administration said. "If I was Reince, I would be like, 'Fuck you guys, I'm out.'"

Priebus, hoping to hang on until September, might disagree.

Tarini Parti contributed reporting.

cunt_opener

Alfrescian
Loyal
170727-anthony-scaramucci-reince-priebus-one-time-use-only-se-445p_85f21831bced5332ce4cfaefa1a40e15.nbcnews-fp-360-360.jpg

170727-anthony-scaramucci-reince-priebus-one-time-use-only-se-445p_85f21831bced5332ce4cfaefa1a40e15.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/war-inside-white-house-n787001

War Inside the White House: Scaramucci Takes On Priebus Over ‘Leaks’

by Adam Edelman

An escalating White House war between two top advisers to President Donald Trump entered a new stage Thursday after Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci lobbed a grenade of leak accusations that were seen as an attack against chief of staff Reince Priebus.

The fracas began Wednesday night after Politico published Scaramucci's financial disclosure forms from his employment at the Export-Import Bank, where the former financier had a post before being tapped last week as Trump’s new communications director.
Image: Reince Priebus and Anthony Scaramucci in the Oval Office
Image: Reince Priebus and Anthony Scaramucci in the Oval Office
White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, left, and newly-appointed Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, right, listen as President Donald Trump talks with reporters during an exclusive Wall Street Journal interview at the White House in Washington on July 25, 2017. T.J. Kirkpatrick / for The Wall Street Journal

Scaramucci took to Twitter, and made a reference to Priebus as the communication director railed against the public disclosure of the forms, which showed Scaramucci is enormously wealthy.

"In light of the leak of my financial disclosure info which is a felony. I will be contacting @FBI and the @TheJusticeDept #swamp @Reince45," Scaramucci tweeted late Wednesday, tagging Priebus in the post.

Scaramucci later deleted the tweet. After reports on that tweet were published — many of which interpreted Scaramucci as fingering Priebus as the leaker — the communications director, shortly before 1:00 a.m., posted a new tweet.

Wrong! Tweet was public notice to leakers that all Sr Adm officials are helping to end illegal leaks. @Reince45 pic.twitter.com/AB0reseuX1
— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) July 27, 2017

"Wrong! Tweet was public notice to leakers that all Sr Adm officials are helping to end illegal leaks. @Reince45," Scaramucci posted.

The financial disclosure forms were not leaked but were publicly accessible upon request, Politico noted.

"This was actually a pretty routine story in most respects," Lorraine Woellert, the reporter who wrote the story, said on MSNBC. "Whenever someone joins any administration they have to file a financial disclosure. Everybody, every reporter in town goes in and gets copies of those financial disclosures. They become public about 30 days after they're filed. So Mr. Scaramucci joined the (Export-Import Bank) about a month ago and so I filed to get his disclosure it was as simple as that."
Image: White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci attends a news conference in the James Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House after former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer resigned, in Washington, DC, July 21, 2017.
Image: White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci attends a news conference in the James Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House after former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer resigned, in Washington, DC, July 21, 2017.
White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci Michael Reynolds / EPA

Scaramucci and Priebus have been known to butt heads in the past, and Priebus, NBC News previously reported, did not want Scaramucci hired inside the White House. Two sources told NBC News last week that Priebus even took his objections about Scaramucci to Vice President Mike Pence but found no support.

Priebus has not made any public statements on the matter.

"When I put out a tweet and I put Reince's name in a tweet, they're all make the assumption that it's him because journalists know who the leakers are," Scaramucci said Thursday on CNN’s New Day.

"So if Reince wants to explain he's not a leaker, let him do that," said Scaramucci, who earlier in the interview he admitted that he had “odds” and “differences” with Priebus.

"When I said we were brothers from the podium (last week), that's because we're rough on each other. Some brothers are like Cain and Abel," he said. In the biblical story referenced by Scaramucci, Cain kills Abel.
[Anthony Scaramucci calls for FBI and DOJ inquiry of 'leak,' cites Priebus]
Anthony Scaramucci calls for FBI and DOJ inquiry of 'leak,' cites Priebus 3:33

Meanwhile, a Justice Department spokeswoman released a statement Thursday describing “an astonishing increase" in leaks.

"We have seen an astonishing increase in the number of leaks of classified national security information in recent months. We agree with Anthony (Scaramucci) that these staggering number of leaks are undermining the ability of our government to function and to protect this country," Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said.

"Like the Attorney General has said, ‘whenever a case can be made we will seek to put some people in jail,’ and we will aggressively pursue leak cases wherever they may lead," she added.

On Thursday morning, during his interview on CNN’s "New Day," Scaramucci said he "talked to Attorney General Sessions” about leaking, adding, “I’ve got buddies of mine in the FBI that I’ll be calling."

In addition, he said he understood that his financial disclosures that Politico requested were publicly available.

"I understand the law. I know that there was a public disclosure mechanism in my financial forms," he said. "What I'm upset about is the process and the junk pool, the dirty pool … in terms of the way this stuff is being done, and the leaking won't stop."

New Yorker journalist Ryan Lizza, who received a phone call from Scaramucci Wednesday night, wrote in a piece published Thursday that their chat left little doubt Scaramucci was out for blood when it came to Priebus.

"Reince is a f------ paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac," Scaramucci told Lizza in an expletive-filled conversation.

Lizza wrote that Scaramucci said he thought Priebus would resign soon and that the new White House communications director would move forward with his plan to stop leaking from the executive branch.

"What I want to do is I want to f------ kill all the leakers," he said.

Lizza wrote that their chat ended when Scaramucci said he had to go "because I've gotta start tweeting some s--- to make this guy crazy."

Scaramucci's initial, since-deleted tweet that referenced Priebus appeared on Twitter "minutes later," Lizza wrote.

Scaramucci responded later to Lizza's article with a tweet, in which he didn't deny any of his comments.

"I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA," he tweeted.

I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA
— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) July 27, 2017

Meanwhile, White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway said Thursday that Scaramucci’s tweet made it clear that "somebody" didn’t want him working in the White House.
[White House Can't Say If Trump Has Confidence in Priebus]
White House Can't Say If Trump Has Confidence in Priebus 1:12

"I think the most important part of Anthony’s tweet was when he talked about the FBI and the DOJ. He’s making clear that even though these documents are eventually procurable publicly, that somebody doesn’t want him here," she told Fox News Channel.

"And somebody is trying to get in his way, and scare him off from working here, which is a huge mistake," she added.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., who is close friends with Priebus, told reporters Thursday that he is doing a "fantastic job at the White House and I believe he has the president's confidence."

"If those two gentlemen have differences, my advice would be to sit down and settle your differences," Ryan said.

cunt_opener

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...73e11a-7310-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html

A trifecta of criticism for President Trump with this message: Change your behavior

President Trump (Win Mcnamee/Getty Images)
By Dan Balz Chief correspondent July 27 at 5:54 PM

President Trump recorded a remarkable trifecta on Thursday. In fewer than 24 hours, he was rebuked by the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the chief scout executive for the Boy Scouts America.

On a day when so many eyes and ears in Washington were riveted on the escalating feud between White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and the new White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, no one should lose sight of the incoming fire that arrived at the White House.

It didn’t come from the hard left or the Democratic resistance. Instead, it came from people who represent communities or constituencies considered friendly to the president: the Republican Party, the military, and a civic organization known for its promotion of patriotism and traditional values.

The rebukes were carefully worded so as not to be true rebukes, but they were unmistakable in their intent. In their own ways, the messages to the president carried a common theme: they were asking him to stop behaving as he has been behaving. Trump has crossed so many lines, as a candidate and as president, that the public often is numbed to what he says and does. Not this time. Perhaps that’s because each of the rebukes was about a different transgression, all of them coming in the period of only a few days.

It’s far too early to know whether they mark a turning point in how people who have been at least nominally supportive of the president will approach him in the future, but Trump ought not to be dismissive of their significance. The critiques may not change the president’s behavior, but as a marker of the rising concern about the president even from allies, they couldn’t have been more obvious.

The first of the three came from Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa), the generally even-tempered chairman of the Judiciary Committee. It was in response to the president’s repeated tweets and statements brutalizing Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The president will not forgive Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation and as his blood pressure has risen week by week, he decided to lash out.

The tweets attacking Sessions and the president’s comments — “Time will tell,” Trump said when asked about the attorney general’s future — sparked fears that the president was looking to fire Sessions or force him to resign, with the obvious next step of appointing someone who in one way or another could contain or get rid of the Russia investigation now in the hands of special counsel Robert Mueller.

In terse language, Grassley made clear he would not consider holding confirmation hearings for a replacement any time this year. That would leave the Justice Department in the hands of Rod J. Rosenstein, the career prosecutor who is now deputy attorney general and someone who also has earned Trump’s disrespect for having appointed Mueller.

[Republicans are starting to draw red lines on Trump firing Sessions and Mueller]

Grassley’s stamp of disapproval was an extension of the chorus of support for Sessions from his former colleagues in the Senate, particularly those in the Republican Party. They responded to the president’s public humiliation of the attorney general and the implied threat to Mueller with varying degrees of alarm. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said there would be “hell to pay” if Trump decides to force Sessions out and rein in Mueller’s operation.

For the most part, Republicans on Capitol Hill have sought to avert their gaze whenever the president’s tweets or actions spark controversy. So there has been nothing like this so far in Trump’s presidency. Whether that’s because it involves a former member of the Capitol Hill club or because of the potential implications for a constitutional crisis if the president tries to scuttle the Mueller investigation, the response to this has been different.

Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., chairman of the Joint Chiefs, was responding to a different controversy, the president’s sudden and unexpected announcement — through Twitter — that transgender individuals would be banned from military service.

Amid confusion within the ranks, Dunford issued a statement saying there would be “no modification” to current policy until the Pentagon receives an actual directive from the president and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has had adequate time to evaluate it and decides how to implement it. In other words, the Pentagon will not allow the president to change policy through a tweet.

As was reported in the hours after Trump’s tweet, Pentagon officials were caught by surprise by the proposed ban. The reaction to the ban was immediate, starting with the LGBT community and transgender members of the military and extending to Democratic and Republican lawmakers and many citizens. If Trump was simply playing to the culturally conservative part of his political base, he miscalculated the overall state of public opinion — and perhaps his own military.

The third rebuke came in two stages. It took the leaders of the Boy Scouts several days to issue a full criticism of the president’s appearance at the 20th annual National Jamboree. Presidents are always invited to address scouts at the jamboree. Those who have done so in the past have stuck to obvious themes of service, civic virtue and pride in America.

Trump treated his appearance as just another raucous political rally. He was partisan, attacking rival Hillary Clinton and former president Barack Obama. He was offensive, talking to the young Americans about the “hottest” parties in New York and a rich friend who he said did things that he couldn’t reveal to such a young audience.

No doubt unwilling to directly criticize the president, the Scout association initially issued an anodyne statement reminding everyone that the Boy Scouts are open to all ideas and generally free of politics and partisanship.

On Thursday, Michael Surbaugh, the chief scout executive, went farther, issuing a lengthy apology on the Boy Scout website. The good works by scouts at the jamboree, he said, had been “overshadowed by the remarks offered by the president of the United States.” He extended “sincere apologies” to those offended and said injecting partisan politics into the event was “never our intent.”

[Boy Scouts leader apologizes for Trump speech’s ‘political rhetoric’]

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked about the apology at her briefing. She said she hadn’t read it. She was she was there at the jamboree with the president and saw nothing inappropriate in his words. She noted as well that many of the scouts were cheering the president, which was correct. Older and more experienced members of the scouting family knew that the president crossed a line and the reaction was swift and harsh.

The Pentagon will carry out the transgender directive (assuming it arrives from the White House), once it has been reviewed and evaluated. Trump is their commander in chief. The Boy Scouts will retreat quickly now that they have apologized to the president’s critics. They are not a combative or confrontational organization. Republican lawmakers will approach their battles with the president gingerly. They are risk averse about offending Trump’s loyalists.

Still, the triple criticism, on three separate issues, from the Trump-friendly side of the American electorate should be a signal to the president. But is he listening?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought he finally came out with a policy no matter who minor an controversial it was on the army transgender issue. Now we find out that it was a tweet and Pentagon will not act at all on it and confined by the Joint Chief of Staff.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love Trump he is the best of the best!

Yes agree, he is the best....he came in with so much hope of the much needed change USA needs to make it truly great again.

Very unfortunately, the retarded and very partisan politics did not allow such dreams to be realised....time and time again, right from his first day of office, Trump has been blocked and impeded in doing the right things.....from the much delayed confirmations and appointments of his key administration officials to the implementation of his executive orders to roll back the mess & madness created by 8 years of Obama shit to his policy proposals to implement improvements in USA life and businesses.

Such is the prime example of western democracy in action....in its extreme negative manifestation that does not give much hope nor confidence of democracy as a working ideology.....more than 6 months after Trump's win, they are still debating and trying to find evidence of 'russian' interference.....what a JOKE!!!!

Just hope the best for Trump.....part of the mess being of his self creation and inability to come out of his usual mode of being the big business boss....

Perhaps too, this is a manifestation of USA's decline and the overall western decline as a political force on the world stage (remember, euro is being taken over sure as hell by the moose lumps within the next 10 years) .....

This and the next century belongs to the Asia Pacific, not the gun boat, robber baron western barbarians of the last two centuries.

Even if Trump were to be toppled within his term, his replacement and subsequent other presidents will not save usa and the euros from decline and eventual demise....

Good riddance to a scotched retarded mix of white trashy races that created and perpetuated so much miseries, sufferings, genocides, massacres, damages to the earth for the last three centuries or so....

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought he finally came out with a policy no matter who minor an controversial it was on the army transgender issue. Now we find out that it was a tweet and Pentagon will not act at all on it and confined by the Joint Chief of Staff.

So much for getting things done. He is the biggest clown in the circus.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Nobody wants Bugis street trannies in the military but many are simply too scared to say so.

Trump will prevail. He is a fantastic leader and I have 100% faith in him. Long live Trump.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So much for getting things done. He is the biggest clown in the circus.

He will have to the last laugh because he is THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED!

The only thing trannies would be good for in times of conflict would be to offer their anal orifices to the enemy.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah right. :rolleyes: How's his attempt to repeal Obamacare doing?

In fact name me one major pledge he has actually honored since coming into Office? The Mexican Wall, Immigration, Obamacare?

Maybe if he spent less time as a whinging little bitch on Twitter and more time running his country, then the U.S wouldn't be the laughing stock of the world right now.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yeah right. :rolleyes: How's his attempt to repeal Obamacare doing?

In fact name me one major pledge he has actually honored since coming into Office? The Mexican Wall, Immigration, Obamacare?

Maybe if he spent less time as a whinging little bitch on Twitter and more time running his country, then the U.S wouldn't be the laughing stock of the world right now.

He doesn't need to do anything with Obamacare. My advice to him is to let it die a natural death.

He's already fixed immigration and the wall is coming along nicely.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He doesn't need to do anything with Obamacare. My advice to him is to let it die a natural death.

He's already fixed immigration and the wall is coming along nicely.

No one here supports Donald Trump more than I, but I'm sad to report that Trump's White House is falling apart.

Last week, Press Secretary Sean Spicer resigned and very soon we'll see Chief of Staff Reince Priebus & Chief Strategist Steve Bennan taking the same route.

Trump's biggest mistake is for going hostile on his AG, a conservative Republican Jeff Session who was his earliest and staunch supporter in his campaign for the White House.

If he carries out his threat to sack AG Jeff Session, he'll definitely face a full revolt from the Republican Conservatives.

Dow Jones, S & P and Nasdaq are at their record high because the market is waiting for Trump's tax cuts, but it may never come about because I think he will soon be impeached by Special Counsel Robert Muller.

Donald J Trump is a real bastard who is not fit to be the POTUS!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The vote is in & the Republicans have failed in their bid to repeal Obamacare.

John McCain was one of 3 republicans who voted against the 'skinny repeal'

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The vote is in & the Republicans have failed in their bid to repeal Obamacare.

John McCain was one of 3 republicans who voted against the 'skinny repeal'

This is a politician showing the " master deal maker" how to get what you want while keeping your integrity and respect.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems McCain refused to divulge his position to anyone. Pence was there to be break the tie if it came to that. Pence spoke to McCain. They would not have to gone to the vote if he was clear about his position. Its obvious that McCain want to kill it all cost as both Collins and Murkowski had their positions known. Credit to Murkowski for sticking other position despite threats from the White House to withdraw Alaska incentives in a big way yesterday. Well all three protected millions from losing their coverage overnight despite the skinny repeal was somewhat restricted.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems McCain refused to divulge his position to anyone. Pence was there to be break the tie if it came to that. Pence spoke to McCain. They would not have to gone to the vote if he was clear about his position. Its obvious that McCain want to kill it all cost as both Collins and Murkowski had their positions known. Credit to Murkowski for sticking other position despite threats from the White House to withdraw Alaska incentives in a big way yesterday. Well all three protected millions from losing their coverage overnight despite the skinny repeal was somewhat restricted.

Ain't surprised at all for this old cock has always been a traitor:

[video=youtube;l61jxSX5PDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61jxSX5PDE[/video]