• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Amazon has started operations in Spore

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problems Amazon will face in sinkieland will be the same in every big city it intends to operate in. Like I said the door to door courier delivery service is unsustainable because that is fuel and labour intensive. The blueprint for drone delivery is already out. It's time to make it a working reality in sinkieland

pay cardboard collectors $69 a day to do delivery with their dollies, and they will gladly drop their favorite past time and hobby. :p

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
我是中国人. Only in China can any Chinese men can be great.

Fucking US banned Chinese entry for 100 years and suppressed super race Chinese development in US.

Now want to interview Chinaman?

Fuck u drug trafficker British Empire pommies.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prototype model is to use docking stations .. the HDB multi storey carparks is a good place to start. But i guess Pap supporting sinkies just lack imagination to solve problems.

When i buy online i want it delivered to my doorstep. If i have to go step outside to collect, might as well go the whole hog to the market.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who the fuck uses amazon to buy fruit and veg? checked the app and they had nothing of interest for me….

In the US Amazon bought a brick & mortar store Whole Foods for $13.7 billion. Amazon might do the same in Spore & threaten NTUC:eek: Amazon has only been in the Spore for a few days but it is a US company & not your typical GLC so I expect them to shake things up in Spore.

I never expected to buy groceries online but I'm already doing that now, buying organic honey, organic spaghetti, organic spices, organic oats, organic tomatoe ketchup, ..... from iHerb.

I was looking at Lazada(Red Mart) & thinking of ordering things like mineral water, canned goods,.... things that are heavy. It's not cheaper than NTUC but they deliver to my door step which is useful for me because I don't drive & not as young & strong as I use to be:o

I expect Amazon to start offering the same service. They might tie in with a supermarket chain or simply buy one.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope walmart can set up supermart here to compete against NTUC in pricing. I am beginning to see NTUC as no longer a fair price establishments when compared to neighbourhood provision shops.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the US Amazon bought a brick & mortar store Whole Foods for $13.7 billion. Amazon might do the same in Spore & threaten NTUC:eek: Amazon has only been in the Spore for a few days but it is a US company & not your typical GLC so I expect them to shake things up in Spore.

I never expected to buy groceries online but I'm already doing that now, buying organic honey, organic spaghetti, organic spices, organic oats, organic tomatoe ketchup, ..... from iHerb.

I was looking at Lazada(Red Mart) & thinking of ordering things like mineral water, canned goods,.... things that are heavy. It's not cheaper than NTUC but they deliver to my door step which is useful for me because I don't drive & not as young & strong as I use to be:o

I expect Amazon to start offering the same service. They might tie in with a supermarket chain or simply buy one.

Yes uber and grab has shown what they can do the GLCs taxi companies. Let the likes of Amazon and Alibaba help sinkies give NTUC a big fuck you.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
who the fuck uses amazon to buy fruit and veg? checked the app and they had nothing of interest for me….

They based on redmart like sbst n smrt setup to push the logistics, but at the moment using part timer to Form quick based without capital cost. Soon it will try amazon eat as well

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Idiotic business model. The assumption is that they wanna accept all the signups and app downloads first, then start to screw the customers. It is not feasible to offer free 2 hours delivery for $40 orders.

If you have money to throw, soak up the market share. You squashed others.

Maybe buy up other people's operations. Buy up smaller player.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I took a look at Amazon & noticed that the brands available in Spore are different from what is available in Amazon US & UK.
The prices are also not as cheap.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazon just starting...once they get the proper data on Singkies buying habits they can be more efficient and narrow down the demands and inventory to meet domestic needs. If it fails because the local competition is more efficient than looks like Amazon is not local enough. But for now I am willing to give Amazon the benefit of a doubt.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope amazon brings in more hardware, home appliances, gadgets, etc that their US store has.

their current groceries inventory still loses to redmart though.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grab Drivers can make 8k.
Now amazon delivery is touting 30 per hr work only 15 days per month 6k income as delivery Drivers. Pap is indeed creating jobs for sinkies losers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It looks like I will have to cut back on buying stuff from Amazon because they no longer offer free shipping when on orders that are US$125 & above, shipping to Spore.

I've taken a look at what is available at the Amazon store in Spore & I'm not impressed. Fortunately there are other alternatives like ebay, Qoo10, Lazada, ,,, etc

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/amazon-free-shipping-singapore-ended-9470006

Amazon US ends free shipping to Singapore

SINGAPORE: Amazon has ended its offer of free shipping to Singapore, the company confirmed on Tuesday (Dec 5).

Previously, Singapore customers were able to enjoy free shipping as long as orders for qualifying goods hit US$125.

This was offered under a service called Free AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, which is now no longer available as an option.

When Channel NewsAsia contacted the online retailer's customer service through the website's live chat, the representative said customers will now have to pay shipping charges in order to ship products to Singapore.

The representative also said it "cannot say anything about it right now" when asked if this was a permanent move, and will notify via email if the deal were to be reopened.

Channel NewsAsia has reached out to Amazon for comment.

In July, Amazon launched its Prime Now service in Singapore, marking its first foray into Southeast Asia.