• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Breakfast duo's stinky new low - Durian disaster!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/breakfast-duos-stinky-new-low/

Brodie Kane and Matty McLean had a stink job to do this morning. Literally.

The Breakfast duo were tasked with tasting durian - and the results did not make for great live TV.

Durian, a popular fruit from South-East Asia, is known for its spiky husk and pungent smell, which has been compared to raw sewage or rotting flesh.

It supposedly tastes better than it smells, but both Kane and McLean struggled to get past its odour. "Let's get it on," said Kane, opening a tub of the fruit.

"Oh my god, that's disgusting," replied McLean, taking a sniff.

Kane quickly erupted into a fit of coughs and started dry retching, declaring: "I can't do it."

Putting a piece of fruit to her lips, she dropped it, jumped off her chair, and reached for a water bottle, as her co-hosts Jack Tame and Hilary Barry erupted in giggles.

"That is so cruel," laughed Barry.

McLean had more of a stomach for it, successfully taking a bite of the durian, which is said to have a creamy, caramel flavour.

The duo were presenting live from The Food Show, being held in Auckland this weekend.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
These convicts are no angmos. They're as angmo as sam leong. They even play their footie in the asian grouping.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My HK friends wouldn't touch durians with a ten-foot pole. Though I do know some Singaporeans – some in my family – who dislike durians from young. Partly acquired taste, partly innate.

The only true appreciators of fine durians are Singaporeans and Malaysians. Thai durians have a much weaker aroma and taste, and the Thais eat them semi-ripe. The Filipinos and Indonesians have wild durian trees, but don't eat the fruit.