• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Keling Minister Tells Keling Kias: CECA Is Wrong Politics And Wrong Economics!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bp230717_tharman.jpg

Singapore has been one of the strongest advocates when it comes to the free flow of goods and services, but there must be limits to the movement of people.

Otherwise there will be less push for businesses to be more productive, and "more fundamentally, you become a society where people don't feel it's their own society", said Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam yesterday at an economics forum in India.

"This is a reality not just because of (President Donald) Trump in the US or Brexit in UK. It is a reality all over the world,'' he said when asked a question about tighter restrictions on Indian professionals moving to Singapore.

Noting that a third of Singapore's workforce is already made up of foreigners, he added: "It would be mindless to have an open border without any policy framework to govern and constrain the flow of people into your job market. It will not just be wrong politics but wrong economics."

Mr Tharman, who is in India on a three-day visit ending today, was speaking at the Delhi Economics Conclave held by the Indian Finance Ministry.

Earlier this year, India had expressed concern that curbs on the movement of Indian professionals to Singapore violate the terms of the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (Ceca) signed by the two countries in 2005. A review of the agreement to update the terms has been under negotiation for more than six years as India seeks more access for its professionals and banks.

India's National Association of Software and Services Companies said earlier this year that the movement of Indian software professionals to Singapore has been "reduced to an insignificant trickle" and that it was becoming tough for Indian software firms to operate in the Republic. Its president, Mr R. Chandrashekhar, estimated that there are fewer than 10,000 Indian software workers in Singapore.

The topic of the Ceca review came up yesterday when Mr Tharman called on Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who "expressed support for the expeditious conclusion of the Second Ceca Review", said a statement from the Prime Minister's Office in Singapore last night.

The two leaders discussed the India-Singapore Strategic Partnership, agreeing that cooperation between the two countries should be deepened in future. A small team of officials from Singapore and India will be formed to explore new areas of cooperation in digital finance, while there is also scope to strengthen air connectivity between the two countries.

Mr Tharman expressed confidence in India's future despite the complex challenges it faces, including the shift from a labour-intensive economy to one which embraces technology.

The two countries have worked together to set up two vocational skills training centres in India and both Mr Modi and Mr Tharman were hopeful that these could be examples of how skills training in India can be linked closely to jobs.

On Friday, Mr Tharman met India's Minister of Finance, Defence and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley.

They discussed ways to strengthen relations in banking and finance, and encourage Singapore investments in India.

Singapore is India's top investor for the financial year from May 2015 to end April 2016, investing US$13.7 billion (S$18.7 billion).

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia/wrong-to-have-total-free-flow-of-people-tharman

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie Keling Minister Tells Keling Kias: CECA Is Wrong Politics And Wrong Econom

Its president, Mr R. Chandrashekhar, estimated that there are fewer than 10,000 Indian software workers in Singapore.

maybe they can spread their love of IT around to philippines, vietnam, laos, thailand, nepal etc…..we are full out here.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Keling Minister Tells Keling Kias: CECA Is Wrong Politics And Wrong Econom

whoever civil serpents and officials in trade ministry who negotiated and combed through ceca to do redlines by crossing t's and dotting i's plus due diligence must had either missed chapter 9 (movement of natural persons) and article 9.5 (long term temporary entry - professionals) or glossed over them, ignoring the fine print. and years later when mom tried to fix the gaping hole in the dam that subsequently broke wide open with the surging influx of pmet nehs from india, india cried foul and threatened to kpkb to the wto.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ca-violation-by-singapore-113021700123_1.html

how could these esteemed scholars miss the chapter level clauses (not even fine print) and not think through the repercussions and consequences? who were these officials and civil serpents, and did they get promoted as a result of expediting the agreement, negotiation and redlining processes? if they are not fired i worry more damage will be done. as contract or agreement negotiators they must always remember "the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions."

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This might be a cheap move to score more brownie points after the stupid presential election fiasco of determining the race of the candidate. It's a cheap PAP trick.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

This might be a cheap move to score more brownie points after the stupid presential election fiasco of determining the race of the candidate. It's a cheap PAP trick.

You surprised me. You got a brain! It's better than Papsmearer making me laugh. LOL......LOL

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its too little, too late. Its all too obvious that these bankers and software professionals are real troublemakers here. You can see how they behave at hospitals, restaurants, hotels, etc...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

shin head snake should remove pc of shit kishore before kishore kiss the arse of mouldy president

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

华侨人 can leave Singapore back to China w Chinese Card. Flood sinkie w ah nehs live w m&ds

Leave Singapore to Ah Neh and go back 20 years later start Chinese opium trade in Sinkiland.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

whoever civil serpents and officials in trade ministry who negotiated and combed through ceca to do redlines by crossing t's and dotting i's plus due diligence must had either missed chapter 9 (movement of natural persons) and article 9.5 (long term temporary entry - professionals) or glossed over them, ignoring the fine print. and years later when mom tried to fix the gaping hole in the dam that subsequently broke wide open with the surging influx of pmet nehs from india, india cried foul and threatened to kpkb to the wto.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ca-violation-by-singapore-113021700123_1.html

how could these esteemed scholars miss the chapter level clauses (not even fine print) and not think through the repercussions and consequences? who were these officials and civil serpents, and did they get promoted as a result of expediting the agreement, negotiation and redlining processes? if they are not fired i worry more damage will be done. as contract or agreement negotiators they must always remember "the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions."

I don't think it an oversight but more of very poor judgement on the part of our govt and Lhl.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His point was to tell the ah nehs to stop fucking our backsides for going back on Ceca. But when he comes back to SG he will tell sinkies to integrate with more foreigners to achieve 10 million population

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ZHUN BOH? fewer than 10,000 foreign IT kelings here? feels like more than 100,000!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You surprised me. You got a brain! It's better than Papsmearer making me laugh. LOL......LOL

oh comeon after getting debunked constantly by papsmearer and me i can see why you're chasing me and him around.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The missing numbers are probably those who are given PR's/citizenship (and NO NEED TO SERVE NS) .

If that is the case, its a double whammy for locals as whenever a foreign Indian gets PR/citizenship, the Indian govt will asked for it to be topped up by another guy from India.
The ground evidence suggest this place is flooded with them and recently I went to Sengkang Sports complex and I saw mostly foreign Indians and Pinoys! At Rumbia LRT, I thought I was in little India=flooded with foreign Indians.
The future of this place is very very clear to me-we will become more and more LIKE INDIA,PHILPPINES and PRC-i.e 3rd world quality of life but being charged 1st world price and run to the ground by the highest paid politicians in history.

Which country called a special meeting of parliament to discuss A family dispute?
Which country set up a committee with so many cabinet ministers (including a DEPUTY PM )to discuss about preserving ONE building?-can people like that save your ricebowl?

Last edited:

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal

For every bloody Ah neh who comes, 4 others from the villagers or commune follow and suck on our infrastructure. The only people who benefit are Mustaffa and the vegetarian restaurants. It's time to get tough with these smellies. Tharman should do a deal with Johore state and allocate an area in Iskandar where Chennai Biz Park can be relocated to and tell these Ah Neh ministers there , Yes, these Ah Nehs can come, but no PR and no citizenship. Work in some corner of Iskandar and they can set up their own colonies and restaurants and what not abd make it like a slum for all we care . Now that the Chinese not buying Forest City, these Ah Nehs should be sent there. And if they want to to visit Singapore living there, they bloody well apply for entry first. single trip visa only. The m&ds will know how to handle them if they try to act yaya papaya. Lets see if they will still clamour for CECA .

ZHUN BOH? fewer than 10,000 foreign IT kelings here? feels like more than 100,000!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

this show that shiny head snake is only good with numbers up to 5 figures and cannot crunch anything higher than 10,000

was he a finance minister in charge of karchng puteh?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

"It would be mindless to have an open border without any policy framework to govern and constrain the flow of people into your job market. It will not just be wrong politics but wrong economics."

If Tharm really believes this, can we also import Politicians too? After all, its a job, just like any other job and FT politicians will be happy with a couple of hundred thousand salary rather then a couple of millions. Foreign politicians should get a work visa, just like any FT worker.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem is all these trade negotiations are kept secret n public not allowed to comment. That was why the TPP had such a bad reputation..in Ozland the critique was on the MNCs being allowed to sue gahmens for biz losses due to regulation. Like if a country impose anti smoking legislation tobacco companies can sue. Wat sort of bs is that? TPP is like CECA.. nothing to do with trade. It's all about MNC n TNC profit.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Its too little, too late. Its all too obvious that these bankers and software professionals are real troublemakers here. You can see how they behave at hospitals, restaurants, hotels, etc...

You should fuck them back harder.

I've had my fair share of unpleasant encounters with people while parking cars, jostling for seats in the restaurant and other public places. Most high caste kelings will back down if you swear back at them more aggressively than they did at you.