• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat US Press Secretary Sean Spicer Resigns! Trump Getting Impeached Soon?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
spicer-holds-his-daily-briefing-at-the-white-house-in-washington-2.jpg

WASHINGTON: White House spokesman Sean Spicer resigned on Friday (Jul 21), ending a brief and turbulent tenure that made him a household name, amid further upheaval within President Donald Trump's inner circle.
While not a surprise, Spicer's departure was abrupt and reflected turmoil in Trump's legal and media teams amid a widening investigation of possible ties between Trump's campaign and Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Sarah Sanders was named as the new press secretary by her new boss, Anthony Scaramucci, at a White House briefing with reporters. Scaramucci, a former Wall Street financier, was named as the administration's new top communications official.

A Republican close to the White House told Reuters that Trump settled on Scaramucci for the job on Thursday and met with him on Friday morning to formally offer it to him.

After news of Scaramucci’s hiring leaked, the official said, Spicer met with Trump in the Oval Office and basically “gave an ultimatum” that it was “him or me.” When Trump would not budge, Spicer resigned, the official said.

The 45-year-old Spicer, a veteran Washington staffer, was parodied memorably by actress Melissa McCarthy on the "Saturday Night Live" TV comedy show for his combative encounters with the White House press corps.

Trump said he was grateful for Spicer's work in a statement, delivered at the briefing by Sanders.

Scaramucci told reporters, "I love the president. ... It's an honour to be here." Asked how he was going to right the White House ship, Scaramucci said there was nothing to fix.

"The ship is going in the right direction. I like the team. Let me rephrase that: I love the team," he said.

Scaramucci said he has worked to make sure he has no conflicts of interests stemming from his wide-ranging business activities. He was formerly a hedge fund manager and Goldman Sachs banker. He said he has worked with the US Office of Government ethics "to take care of all this."

From the start, Spicer invited controversy, attacking the media in his debut appearance as press secretary for reporting what he called inaccurate crowd numbers at Trump's inauguration.
"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe," he said, an assertion that quickly drew scorn.

In a Twitter post on Friday, Spicer wrote, "It's been an honor & privilege to serve @POTUS @realDonaldTrump & this amazing country. I will continue my service through August."

Before being tapped by Trump for the job of press secretary, Spicer was spokesman for the Republican National Committee. He also had previously worked in the administration of former President George W. Bush, a time when he dressed up in an Easter Bunny costume for the annual White House Easter Egg Roll.

Spicer and other Trump aides shook up White House dealings with the media, including cutting back daily televised news briefings and replacing them with audio briefings only.

Separately, Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating the possible Trump-Russia ties, has asked White House officials to preserve any records of a meeting last year between the president's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., and a Russian lawyer, a source with knowledge of the request said on Friday.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday brushed off sharp criticism from Trump, saying he loved his job and planned to continue serving.

Trump took a broad swipe at his administration's top law officers this week in a New York Times interview, saying he would not have appointed Sessions as attorney general if he had known he would recuse himself.

Unrest among White House officials was not confined to legal and communications staffers, said two officials familiar with the situation.

Trump has ignored the recommendations of national security adviser H.R. McMaster and his senior director for Russia, Fiona Hill, on dealing with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

They said McMaster is frustrated by continuing debate about sending more US forces to Afghanistan. One official said tension persists between McMaster and chief White House strategist Steve Bannon and chief speechwriter Stephen Miller.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/us-white-house-press-secretary-sean-spicer-resigns-9053694

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could sense that Spicer was uncomfortable with half-truth and omissions. His deputy on the hand was very comfortable telling bold faced lies. She actually claimed that FBI staff were emailing her about morale in the FBI when it turned out to be all lies. That woman has done more damage with the exception of Trump.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are setting the stage by getting Anthony Scarramucchi in place to sack Mueller and pardon all involved in the Russian fiasco. He is going to package spin wise so that the fallout is minimal. His recent interview is quite telling as his appointees in DOJ are strapped down and can't move. Both the intelligence and investigative agencies are taking turns drip feeding WP and NYT and none of it can be discredited. The latest on Sessions shows a dishonest chap.

Never seen anything like this where an entire administration is falling apart. Once the pardon is issued, nobody can be touched. No amount of bitching can revive the issue and all investigations will come to a halt. They also cannot pursue the same with new evidence even with a recording of him in Moscow having his way with hookers.

The pardon has been effectively in the past but usually when the investigation is completed and charges made out. This will be a first of its kind. He sure is going to make history.

Hopefully his son-in-law the real estate entrepreneur would have forged peace in the middle east after 70 years of numerous attempts by various parties including Kissinger. The only thing better than a property developer is a used car salesman.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is in the stars........ either impeached or get shot
who will take care of Melanie?? ....... only poker need apply

i volunteer to take care of her. in fact i can take care of ivanka too. both together. i'll cover her from behind with my hands on her hips

she'll scream like she has never orgaze before

it will be a wonderful wonderful encounter and i can make sex great again just for her

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dare impeach Lim Peg?

My crazy supporters extremists will begin Civil War and demand blood from those bastards who Impeach Lim Peg understand?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
i volunteer to take care of her. in fact i can take care of ivanka too. both together. i'll cover her from behind with my hands on her hips

she'll scream like she has never orgaze before

it will be a wonderful wonderful encounter and i can make sex great again just for her

sori but you hv to fight Papsmearer for the privilege.......... he got Leo 120mm huge penis n has Wei Ling seated on his lap with kkc locked in

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They are setting the stage by getting Anthony Scarramucchi in place to sack Mueller and pardon all involved in the Russian fiasco.

I'm surprised someone like you can end up being so easily conned by fake news. This whole russian thing has been hatched to distract from the fact that Hillary was an utter failure.

Even if Trump did collude with Russia it's not a crime let alone a reason for impeachment. Digging up dirt against one's political opponents is part of the game. The Dems did it too but unfortunately for them it did not stop the Trump juggernaut.

I'm 100% for Trump. While he may have done some dodgy deals in his life find me one politician in the world who is as white as snow. He has a clear cut mission for the country and that is to make America great again and he's doing exactly as he promised he would... a rare sight indeed in the political arena.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think a pardon can be effected BEFORE the investigation is completed.

The investigation will probably take forever with everything leaking out.

Firing Muller will bring us to uncharted territory. We will be treated to witness history in the making in the same way Watergate made history.

The pardon has been effectively in the past but usually when the investigation is completed and charges made out. This will be a first of its kind. He sure is going to make history.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a zero sum game. Totally against Hillary. I suspect got some of his votes came because people wanted Hillary out at all cost and Trump was a hope.

It's not Russia per Se, it's the string lies by his campaign team. Kushner for instance was caught out 3 times so far. At least after getting caught don't put the rope around your neck again.

Now Sessions has chalked up 3.

And Man has not delivered anything. The easiest promise to keep was moving the embassy to Jerusalem, no need for anything from both houses. The moment King Salman called him, like a true blue real estate agent, he forgot what he said.

I'm surprised someone like you can end up being so easily conned by fake news. This whole russian thing has been hatched to distract from the fact that Hillary was an utter failure.

Even if Trump did collude with Russia it's not a crime let alone a reason for impeachment. Digging up dirt against one's political opponents is part of the game. The Dems did it too but unfortunately for them it did not stop the Trump juggernaut.

I'm 100% for Trump. While he may have done some dodgy deals in his life find me one politician in the world who is as white as snow. He has a clear cut mission for the country and that is to make America great again and he's doing exactly as he promised he would... a rare sight indeed in the political arena.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently they can just that they wanted in the past to exhaust all legal avenues such as courts before they use it. As this is consuming the White House and his family, it may make sense. They cannot afford this to go thru the grinder any longer compared to other cases.

The only thing in contention is if he can pardon himself.

Let's wait and see.

Don't think a pardon can be effected BEFORE the investigation is completed.

The investigation will probably take forever with everything leaking out.

Firing Muller will bring us to uncharted territory. We will be treated to witness history in the making in the same way Watergate made history.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
And Man has not delivered anything. The easiest promise to keep was moving the embassy to Jerusalem, no need for anything from both houses. The moment King Salman called him, like a true blue real estate agent, he forgot what he said.

If you bothered to source for independent information regarding what he has done since inauguration, you'd find that he has done a lot.

You have to remember that the US president cannot change things as quickly as PM Lee as he does not have a compliant judiciary, congress or senate. The whole US system was designed by the founding fathers to ensure that any policy change would be a long and torturous process.

The fact that he has promised to drain the swamp has obviously resulted in the swamp (both Republicans and Dems) fighting back to save their sorry asses.

All things considered he's doing very well. I wish him every success. I would love to see a USA where taxes are low, illegal means illegal and the cops and other enforcement agencies are allowed to do their jobs.

As for lying nobody can beat the Clintons. Trump is an angel in comparison.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No arguments on PAP.

I specifically cited Jerusalem as this does not require consent from any body. Thats Trump's prerogative.

If you bothered to source for independent information regarding what he has done since inauguration, you'd find that he has done a lot.

You have to remember that the US president cannot change things as quickly as PM Lee as he does not have a compliant judiciary, congress or senate. The whole US system was designed by the founding fathers to ensure that any policy change would be a long and torturous process.

The fact that he has promised to drain the swamp has obviously resulted in the swamp (both Republicans and Dems) fighting back to save their sorry asses.

All things considered he's doing very well. I wish him every success. I would love to see a USA where taxes are low, illegal means illegal and the cops and other enforcement agencies are allowed to do their jobs.

As for lying nobody can beat the Clintons. Trump is an angel in comparison.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... Even if Trump did collude with Russia it's not a crime let alone a reason for impeachment.....

What and where are the grounds for impeachment? None. Making America great again is a glory to the Americans, yet not all Americans would want their country to be great again. Very sad.

Allowing foreigners to walk undocumented into USA is already an offence under the immigration laws. It is also pure madness to protect illegal foreign criminals in sanctuary cities. Botak DPM still has working brain to understand it is wrong to allow free movement of foreigners into sinkie land.

Trump is the beacon that will guide USA to its former glory but there are politicians who regard him as a threat to their political interests and enrichment, and so, they will try to bring him down, and in the process, USA will never be the same country again if someone like Trump is destroyed.