• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Ang Moh Military Chief to President: No Military Budget I QUIT!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://abcnews.go.com/International...ry-chief-quits-budget-dispute-macron-48718639

French military chief quits over budget dispute with Macron

By The Associated Press

PARIS — Jul 19, 2017, 5:32 AM ET

The Associated Press
WatchDonald Trump arrives in Paris at the invitation of France's president, Emmanuel Macron

Email

France's military chief quit Wednesday in a dispute with President Emmanuel Macron over budget cuts, in a new challenge to Macron's administration and his economic reforms.

The office of Gen. Pierre de Villiers, chief of staff of the armed forces, said he submitted his resignation to Macron at a security council meeting Wednesday and the president accepted. Macron's office did not immediately comment.

De Villiers lashed out at new spending curbs during a closed-door parliamentary commission meeting last week, according to leaked reports.

Macron then publicly upbraided him, saying, "it is not dignified to air certain debates in the public sphere. I made commitments (to budget cuts). I am your boss."

Macron's own comments have elicited criticism, notably by those who accuse him of authoritarian tendencies after he overwhelmingly won election in May and saw his new centrist party dominate last month's parliamentary elections.

The resignation foreshadows the battles Macron will likely face as he tries to reduce the deficit and government spending and boost the stagnant economy.

While Macron has promised to boost defense spending to 2 percent of GDP by 2025 as part of France's commitments to NATO, his budget minister last week announced limits on this year's military expenses as part of an overall spending squeeze.

De Villiers, head of the military since 2014, insisted that it was his "duty" to express his concerns about military resources amid the sustained threat of extremist attacks.

"I have always taken care ... to maintain a military model that guarantees the coherence between the threats that weigh on France and Europe, the missions of our armies that don't stop growing, and the necessary budget means to fulfill them," he said his resignation statement.

"I no longer consider myself in a position to ensure the durability of the military model that I believe in, to guarantee the protection of France and the French," he said.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The french generals can resign so readily from their posts, proving that they are irresponsible people. I am glad the generals in the SAF take their roles more seriously and do not throw letter because of a hissy fit.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
The french generals can resign so readily from their posts, proving that they are irresponsible people. I am glad the generals in the SAF take their roles more seriously and do not throw letter because of a hissy fit.

Pok Kai Bankrupts have impossible Security Tasks with shoe-string-budgets. Pressure is unsurmountable. Can jump MRT die.

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! No Defense Budget just SURRENDER TO PUTIN! Russia will provide best protection with World's top Nukes. Can not afford wars don't try to be KuaiLan! Freedom is NOT FREE in this world, must PAY N PAY!
Can afford or can not? War Please!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your Cuntry and People are fucked! Huat Ah!

https://www.rt.com/news/396767-macron-military-chief-resign/

‘I won’t be f***ed’: French armed forces chief quits after clash with Macron over budget cuts

Published time: 19 Jul, 2017 09:19
Edited time: 19 Jul, 2017 09:58
Get short URL
‘I won’t be f***ed’: French armed forces chief quits after clash with Macron over budget cuts
French President Emmanuel Macron and Chief of the Defense Staff, Pierre de Villiers, during Bastille Day military parade on the Champs-Elysees in Paris, France, July 14, 2017 / Reuters
The French military chief has resigned after an open conflict with President Emmanuel Macron over spending. Pierre de Villiers publicly complained about Macron’s cuts to the military's budget, reportedly saying that he won’t be “f***ed like that.”

“In the current circumstances I see myself as no longer able to guarantee the robust defense force I believe is necessary to guarantee the protection of France and the French people, today and tomorrow, and to sustain the aims of our country,” De Villiers said, as cited by French media.

He added that Macron had accepted his resignation.

The open conflict between the head of state and the chief of armed forces started earlier in July when France’s Budget Minister Gerald Darmanin announced military budget cuts.

According to the proposed budget cuts, the Defense Ministry will have to make savings of €850 million (US$980 million). The Interior and Foreign Ministries also had to face budget cuts.

Darmanin told Le Parisien that the authorities “have found €4.5 billion in savings... solely in the national government” and promised that neither social security nor local authorities “will come into it.”

Le chef d'état-major des armées menace de démissionnerhttps://t.co/I0YMxRsRZdpic.twitter.com/OyLLH3DhLT
— BFMTV (@BFMTV) July 13, 2017

De Villiers, 60, protested the cuts before the parliamentary committee.

“I won't let myself be f***ed like that,” he said according to Reuters, citing two parliamentary sources. “I may be stupid, but I know when I am being had.”

Macron slapped down De Villiers, saying that he has “have made commitments” and he was De Villiers’ boss during his traditional annual address to the army where top army officers and their families were present.

“I have made commitments, I am your boss,” he said

“If the [Armed Forces] chief of staff has an issue with the President of the Republic, the chief of staff will be changed,” Macron added in an interview to Journal du Dimanche newspaper.

“Armies basically obey. So in substance the president was within his rights to restate his authority… But the way he did it will leave marks. You cannot publicly question a military leader like that in front of his subordinates,” former chief of the French armed forces Henri Bentégeat told Le Monde newspaper.

“When Macron attends the first ceremony for a soldier killed because of a lack of equipment, all the criticism will be directed at him,” Bentégeant added.

Foreign Affairs Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian praised De Villiers on Wednesday, saying “He is a great soldier, one of great integrity and intelligence.”

596f1a1cdda4c83a128b4567.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-politics-defence-idUSKBN1A40KR?il=0

France's armed forces chief resigns after clash with Macron over budget cuts

Simon Carraud and Michel Rose

3 Min Read

PARIS (Reuters) - France's armed forces chief resigned on Wednesday in a dispute with Emmanuel Macron over defense budget cuts, an early test of the newly elected president's mettle and the tough presidential style he is cultivating.

In a statement, 60 year-old Pierre de Villiers said he had tried to keep the armed forces fit for an ever more difficult task within the financial constraints imposed on it, but was no longer able to sustain that.

"In the current circumstances I see myself as no longer able to guarantee the robust defense force I believe is necessary to guarantee the protection of France and the French people, today and tomorrow, and to sustain the aims of our country," he said.

Macron moved quickly to replace de Villiers, appointing General Francois Lecointre, 55, to fill the role, a military source said.

The departure of France's most senior soldier also highlighted the stresses of a major military power as it battles Islamist insurgencies in Africa, partners with allies in Middle East conflicts, and patrols the streets at home in response to a series of jihadist attacks on French soil.
Related Coverage

Macron says French defense budget to rise by 2025

Macron replaces army chief who quit in row over budget cuts: military source
Macron replaces army chief who quit in row over budget cuts: military source

It followed a fierce row last week between the two men just two months after Macron was elected, and just as France prepared for the military pomp of a July 14 Bastille Day parade where Macron's U.S. counterpart Donald Trump was the guest of honor.

De Villiers, appearing before a closed-door hearing of parliamentarians, had used strong language to protest at the 850 million euro ($980 million) defense budget cut Macron was making as part of his efforts to rein in state spending.

Macron quickly went public with a rebuke, saying: "I have made commitments. I am your boss."
French Army General Francois Lecointre (L) and French army general Bruno Le Ray, military governor of Paris, attend the traditional Bastille Day military parade on the Champs-Elysees in Paris, France, July 14, 2017. Picture taken July 14, 2017.Charles Platiau
'Almost Erdoganism'

The stand-off fits with a tough style cultivated by the 39 year-old new head of state and commander-in-chief whose powers under the French constitution go further than those of any other western democratic leader.
Slideshow (4 Images)

He has described his own role as one that rides above day-to-day controversies, at the same time controlling tightly ministers' public statements and insisting on total loyalty from them and other government officials.

"It's clear today that the executive cannot bear a situation where its top public servants have a view of things that is different from the political view put together by the Elysee," General Vincent Desportes, former head of France's top main military school, told Reuters.

"It's not Erdoganism, but its not far off," he added in a reference to the Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, who faces accusations from opposition leaders of being a dictator in the aftermath of last year's failed military coup.

An Elysee source reaffirmed Macron's position on Wednesday.

"We cannot have public disagreement. That's how our institutions have to work," the source said.

"These economies will in no way jeopardize France's operational capacity. France's security is assured."

Writing by Andrew Callus; Editing by Richard Balmforth

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;nP6TRDYWnZI]https://youtu.be/nP6TRDYWnZI[/video]

Putin got powerful new jets, EU NATO are useless Bapoks!