• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wah.. Now corruption in the EDB?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,EDB for the longest time has been given free unofficial reign over contracts and procurement. A legacy of PY. He asked the late famous architect Zaha Hadid to fly in to meet him, shared his view, got her views and before she left he gave the approval to design Biopolis Phase 1 which is first building block of One North District. No tender, no request for dispensation, no nothing. He other favourite habit was give JTC to do all the work to circumvent the rules on his agency.

What he does not realise is that others in EDB follow the same. See the clown who retrenched staff without following procedure, also worked in EDB with him.

Beh by the way has an interesting lifestyle similar to the Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia and Thailand is their favourite venue. Probably why he had to give PS post to go back to EDB.

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss, I think I can relate to some of the procurement practices you mentioned. I had some dealings with EDB during PY time but these were with the so called "senior officers". They had some fancy "director " tittles than. Even though i felt some of our projects presented to the EDB had merit and worth consideration, these directors were generally disinterested beyond the general niceties of support and the obligatory 20 to 30 minutes meeting. Maybe it was the official line on what to and what not to support or were second guessing what they thought the boss would like. Me think that as these guys had very little industry experience, so I guess is they went "with the flow" of the bosses thinking. I don't know. I did learn quickly that to have projects taken more seriously so that they may at least be escalated to a study committee or the board for further consideration, you needed to have a monkey next to you, as long as he was white, wearing a full expensive looking suit and spoke authoritatively.

On the present boss of EDB .. some "mysterious" character indeed from what I hear. Small built and effeminate looking. I think he owes his position to the good graces of PY as he was his blue eyed boy in A star. A "Yes Sir, 3 bags full" sort of fella. You were too coy in describing him. Let me give it another twist :Very much in the closet, respectable family man but with other preferences too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

One thing that puzzles me though. He has a med degree. He has not practiced a day in his life after completing his housemanship. How than does he renew his practicing certificate. Or maybe he doesn't have one anymore and doesn't need it anyway?

Bro,EDB for the longest time has been given free unofficial reign over contracts and procurement. A legacy of PY. He asked the late famous architect Zaha Hadid to fly in to meet him, shared his view, got her views and before she left he gave the approval to design Biopolis Phase 1 which is first building block of One North District. No tender, no request for dispensation, no nothing. He other favourite habit was give JTC to do all the work to circumvent the rules on his agency.

What he does not realise is that others in EDB follow the same. See the clown who retrenched staff without following procedure, also worked in EDB with him.

Beh by the way has an interesting lifestyle similar to the Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia and Thailand is their favourite venue. Probably why he had to give PS post to go back to EDB.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing bro. Though PY does it to accomplish and move things fast, it creates opportunities for others in EDB to screw around. I do recall Auditor General calling him out a number of times before over the years including renovating his office without the proper authorisation. In the end he too forgot about conflict of interest when his son's academic work was supervised by someone he hired for Biopolis.

Your description of Beh is correct.

I don't think Beh has a licence to practice. I do recall that EDB was recruiting Medical scientist and doctors for the Life Science programme or something years ago.

This current finding by AG is shocking and should be referred to CPIB.

Boss, I think I can relate to some of the procurement practices you mentioned. I had some dealings with EDB during PY time but these were with the so called "senior officers". They had some fancy "director " tittles than. Even though i felt some of our projects presented to the EDB had merit and worth consideration, these directors were generally disinterested beyond the general niceties of support and the obligatory 20 to 30 minutes meeting. Maybe it was the official line on what to and what not to support or were second guessing what they thought the boss would like. Me think that as these guys had very little industry experience, so I guess is they went "with the flow" of the bosses thinking. I don't know. I did learn quickly that to have projects taken more seriously so that they may at least be escalated to a study committee or the board for further consideration, you needed to have a monkey next to you, as long as he was white, wearing a full expensive looking suit and spoke authoritatively.

On the present boss of EDB .. some "mysterious" character indeed from what I hear. Small built and effeminate looking. I think he owes his position to the good graces of PY as he was his blue eyed boy in A star. A "Yes Sir, 3 bags full" sort of fella. You were too coy in describing him. Let me give it another twist :Very much in the closet, respectable family man but with other preferences too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

One thing that puzzles me though. He has a med degree. He has not practiced a day in his life after completing his housemanship. How than does he renew his practicing certificate. Or maybe he doesn't have one anymore and doesn't need it anyway?