• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [ Singapore News ] Beware of Indian : Abusing Crowdfunding

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crowdfunding in most cases are abused. This one is no different. Remember the mother who profited and built a house in PRC from the murder of her young daughter. There has to be laws where money collected has to be accounted or it goes to a charity fund for the needy.

Hi, just to clarify, when u say "this one is no different" , do u mean this Doctor chap intends to collect the money and somehow profit from it?

It's quite a serious accusation you're putting up, so just want to make sure i didnt misunderstand the statement.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the whole post very carefully from the very start. Once I saw that the doctor was targeting $350k and reading about the nature of incident, the word "abuse" was an obvious choice. Why don't you wait and see if the doctor is going to issue an itemised expense list?

Maybe it will help if someone in the family come out with the following - their occupations, income, where they stay and why they can't raise the sum themselves etc. Even if they are dirt poor, working as a clerk and with 3 kids, why $350k.

Hi, just to clarify, when u say "this one is no different" , do u mean this Doctor chap intends to collect the money and somehow profit from it?

It's quite a serious accusation you're putting up, so just want to make sure i didnt misunderstand the statement.

longist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crowdfunding in most cases are abused. This one is no different. Remember the mother who profited and built a house in PRC from the murder of her young daughter. There has to be laws where money collected has to be accounted or it goes to a charity fund for the needy.

you are a shameless retarded PRC-hater bastar-d scum dog!

you shamelessly quote that PRC case is a totally wrong example!

Huang Na's case is totally different becos her case is not a crowdfunding case! There was totally no crowdfunding at all in Huang Na's case.

Huang Na's mother did not appeal for any public donations at all!

you should check the facts first before you anyhow wrongly try to stir hatred/anger against the Chinese nationals!

Chinese race people willingly donate pek kim lui unsolicited during the few days of funeral wake this is NOT crowdfunding!

It is just the PRCs and Sinkies willingly donated a total of $400,000 pek kim lui unsolicited during huang na's few days of funeral wake!

This is just chinese race culture whereby Willing donors give pek kim money unsolicited during a funeral wake and this is not crowdfunding!

you this bas-tard PRC-hater scum dog wants to attack chinese people give pek kim lui during a funeral wake then why don't

you attack the dead foreign indian cleaner case at Changi Airport whereby singaporean-indians donated a whopping SGD ONE

MILLION dollars to the dead foreign indian's wife during the deceased indian cleaner's few days of funeral wake!

Last edited:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Srinesh is an ex-RI & RJC boy who merely qualified from St George's in England but obviously not to be trusted because of his namesake that reeks of duplicity since he is trying to exploit the generosity of the majority of singkies. :rolleyes:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/srinesh-balakrishnan-10a23970/?ppe=1

Presumably he and his brother are master con artist (since both are ex-RI alumni and brother even worked in Suet Fern's law offices) because they also somehow found the money to study law and medicine.

are you a friend, or of indian origin? I know one of them as my junior.
There is no denial the forumers have a valid point. Charity is a finite resource. Every $ used up for this deprives another cause,
and this cry for help from an affluent family.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still cannot get over the case of a family holidaying in japan n asked for cloudfunding to fly daddy home ....... only to DIE
I mean got heart condition still choose to go holiday in faraway japan - clearly family got money but come to the crunch uncle Dorks pay?

That's why I NEVER donate to crowd funding, charity etc. Full of con men and arrogants selfish people nowadays. Its a ME first world and yet no money still wants to talk about travel to overseas. have heart problems and yet choose to travel and take an unnecessary risks and later cow beh cow bu when insurance refused to cover (obviously not as this is a pre -existing condition. imagine buying insurance for health care after you falling sick or buying car insurance after you get into an accident. fark up logic from the most selfish people!!!). in this case ask the doc to use up her life savings first before asking otehrs ot donate. really bo liao

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
a fool and his money are soon parted. sinkieland is full of fools. take all their money. if not you then a chinaman will

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you a friend, or of indian origin? I know one of them as my junior.
There is no denial the forumers have a valid point. Charity is a finite resource. Every $ used up for this deprives another cause,
and this cry for help from an affluent family.

Others have provided examples of singkies/PRCs opportunists - I don't agree with their approach (or anyone similar with such personal status and wealth) - it is distasteful and akin to being predatory in nature but that applies to anyone and does not necessarily stem from just a particular ethnicity.

Last edited:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think its outrageous to be putting out the begging bowl on this…..tough shit….no one asked her to go diving….its a risky activity.

Or crowd fund in india….see how quickly they tell you to fuck off.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on all counts.

That's why I NEVER donate to crowd funding, charity etc. Full of con men and arrogants selfish people nowadays. Its a ME first world and yet no money still wants to talk about travel to overseas. have heart problems and yet choose to travel and take an unnecessary risks and later cow beh cow bu when insurance refused to cover (obviously not as this is a pre -existing condition. imagine buying insurance for health care after you falling sick or buying car insurance after you get into an accident. fark up logic from the most selfish people!!!). in this case ask the doc to use up her life savings first before asking otehrs ot donate. really bo liao

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Nuraliza said their classmates had donated to the crowdfunding page, which has raised about $150,000 so far, to fund a private search effort.

Ms Mukkam's sister, Rubin, 30, told TNP: "We have engaged four speed boats and several fishing boats to help in the search."

Basarnas Kupang, the local unit of Indonesia's search and rescue agency, added more vessels and personnel to the search yesterday.

Its operation head, Mr Supriyanto Ridwan, told TNP: "If Ms Rinta is not found by Wednesday, we will limit the use of the ships but will continue monitoring and coordinating the search effort. If there is any sign of Ms Rinta, we will activate the ships."

Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said yesterday it had requested Basarnas to deploy more resources and will continue to assist to Ms Mukkam's next-of-kin.

How come Singapore's MFA never provide more assistance apart from just talking?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Others have provided examples of singkies/PRCs opportunists - I don't agree with their approach (or anyone similar with such personal status and wealth) - it is distasteful and akin to being predatory in nature but that applies to anyone and does not necessarily stem from just a particular ethnicity.

What's your damn problem with the thread title?