Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Halimah contemplates Presidency

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,103
    My Reputation Points: 2894 / Power: 10

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hypocrite View Post
    If that is the case, there is no need for a reserved erection,,,than the next one will be what? a reserved erection for chap cheng? this whole thing is a farce....a president serves all singkies not just their own race...the pappies are playing the race card and they have the gall to say others are racist.
    if papigs can bah rong rong enter polling station and AGC said it not 50m within polling station, what else the papig cannot do in spore.

    if Mr Wee can consider as first eRected president then papig consider 害你妈 a malay also sup sup water only.
    FTrashs are killing Singaporeans.......

    Precision, Speed, Accuracy

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,048
    My Reputation Points: 5401 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    I'll vote any one but a PAP candidate. Fuck the PAP!
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,379
    My Reputation Points: 180 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Contemplates?

    More like has already picked outfit for swearing-in.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,283
    My Reputation Points: 373 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    A rare occasion that I am in agreement with this Calvin Cheng!!


    Ex-NMP Calvin Cheng: Halimah Yacob should not run for President

    He says Halimah does not have the skills to manage financial reserves
    Go


    By all accounts, Madam Halimah Yacob is a warm, compassionate and humble person, and a popular MP; she is well-loved by her constituents. Madam Halimah has also carried out her duties as Speaker of Parliament with dignity, as the first female Speaker of Parliament in Singapore’s history.

    However, I feel she should not run for the office of Elected President.

    Firstly, she has been elected not only as a Member of Parliament, but as the all-important minority candidate of Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC. She owes a duty to those who elected her to stay on and fulfil her responsibilities as MP. It would also call the whole raison d’être of the GRC into question, if it is left without a minority representative. The role of Speaker of Parliament is also a ve[r]y important one. It shouldn’t be resigned from lightly.

    Secondly, although the position of Speaker is equivalent to a Minister in protocol, it surely isn’t in responsibility. One reason for raising the criteria for private sector candidates (chief executive role in a 500m company) was to benchmark it to the responsibilities of a Minister, who has to manage huge billion dollar budgets and hundreds to thousands of civil servants. The Speaker of Parliament has no such equivalent responsibility. It would thus detract from the credibility of recent changes to private sector eligibility criteria, if a former Speaker were deemed to have the necessary skill-sets to guard our financial reserves.

    Madam Halimah is already a highly respected MP. She has already cemented her place in history as being the first female Speaker of Parliament. Her services are arguably more needed amongst the constituents she loves, and who love her in return.

    I do hope Madam Halimah will seriously consider whether to run for EP, as she is doing, and decide eventually not to.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,270
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    His second point is interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porfirio Rubirosa View Post
    A rare occasion that I am in agreement with this Calvin Cheng!!


    Ex-NMP Calvin Cheng: Halimah Yacob should not run for President

    He says Halimah does not have the skills to manage financial reserves
    Go


    By all accounts, Madam Halimah Yacob is a warm, compassionate and humble person, and a popular MP; she is well-loved by her constituents. Madam Halimah has also carried out her duties as Speaker of Parliament with dignity, as the first female Speaker of Parliament in Singapore’s history.

    However, I feel she should not run for the office of Elected President.

    Firstly, she has been elected not only as a Member of Parliament, but as the all-important minority candidate of Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC. She owes a duty to those who elected her to stay on and fulfil her responsibilities as MP. It would also call the whole raison d’être of the GRC into question, if it is left without a minority representative. The role of Speaker of Parliament is also a ve[r]y important one. It shouldn’t be resigned from lightly.

    Secondly, although the position of Speaker is equivalent to a Minister in protocol, it surely isn’t in responsibility. One reason for raising the criteria for private sector candidates (chief executive role in a 500m company) was to benchmark it to the responsibilities of a Minister, who has to manage huge billion dollar budgets and hundreds to thousands of civil servants. The Speaker of Parliament has no such equivalent responsibility. It would thus detract from the credibility of recent changes to private sector eligibility criteria, if a former Speaker were deemed to have the necessary skill-sets to guard our financial reserves.

    Madam Halimah is already a highly respected MP. She has already cemented her place in history as being the first female Speaker of Parliament. Her services are arguably more needed amongst the constituents she loves, and who love her in return.

    I do hope Madam Halimah will seriously consider whether to run for EP, as she is doing, and decide eventually not to.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    117
    My Reputation Points: 40 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Hello mdm president.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,238
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    A good sinkie president should not get in the way of the PAP government. People like Bock who only knows how to block the way should fuck off.
    Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    My Reputation Points: 1882 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by mahjongking View Post
    its a very tough job? wtf?
    Of course tough job - need longer time to check her pay cheque and get used to getting in and out of a 350S
    ___________________


    Like dat aso can meh
    https://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,240
    My Reputation Points: 381 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    how many peopl must she consider?
    The Worker's Party is the best opposition party.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    805
    My Reputation Points: 139 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan View Post
    A good sinkie president should not get in the way of the PAP government. People like Bock who only knows how to block the way should fuck off.
    John, will she have to move out of her jumbo Yishun flat for the two terms of her Presidency?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    22,466
    My Reputation Points: 2229 / Power: 12

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    The role of the president has become a joke ever since Ong Teng Cheong was chased out of office for trying to do his job.

    Let them eat fish Halimah will just be another useless President just like that KFC guy & the fat Prataman. What a waste of taxpayer $$$ & this is going to continue as long as the people give the PAP a blank cheque.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,270
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    The media has mentioned that she is consulting people before she decides. Who exactly is she consulting - I am curious.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    106
    My Reputation Points: 61 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Porfirio Rubirosa View Post
    A rare occasion that I am in agreement with this Calvin Cheng!!


    Ex-NMP Calvin Cheng: Halimah Yacob should not run for President

    He says Halimah does not have the skills to manage financial reserves
    Go


    By all accounts, Madam Halimah Yacob is a warm, compassionate and humble person, and a popular MP; she is well-loved by her constituents. Madam Halimah has also carried out her duties as Speaker of Parliament with dignity, as the first female Speaker of Parliament in Singapore’s history.

    However, I feel she should not run for the office of Elected President.

    Firstly, she has been elected not only as a Member of Parliament, but as the all-important minority candidate of Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC. She owes a duty to those who elected her to stay on and fulfil her responsibilities as MP. It would also call the whole raison d’être of the GRC into question, if it is left without a minority representative. The role of Speaker of Parliament is also a ve[r]y important one. It shouldn’t be resigned from lightly.

    Secondly, although the position of Speaker is equivalent to a Minister in protocol, it surely isn’t in responsibility. One reason for raising the criteria for private sector candidates (chief executive role in a 500m company) was to benchmark it to the responsibilities of a Minister, who has to manage huge billion dollar budgets and hundreds to thousands of civil servants. The Speaker of Parliament has no such equivalent responsibility. It would thus detract from the credibility of recent changes to private sector eligibility criteria, if a former Speaker were deemed to have the necessary skill-sets to guard our financial reserves.

    Madam Halimah is already a highly respected MP. She has already cemented her place in history as being the first female Speaker of Parliament. Her services are arguably more needed amongst the constituents she loves, and who love her in return.

    I do hope Madam Halimah will seriously consider whether to run for EP, as she is doing, and decide eventually not to.


    There are times when personas like Calvin Cheng, Kishore, Janadas, etc, suddenly say something displaying lucidity of thought and independence of mind. It is as if for one brief moment, the "whip" on them is lifted and someone high up decided an honest take on the issue was in order.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,420
    My Reputation Points: 513 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    If Halimah is as "good" as people say she is, then she should reject the offer to run for the Presidency.

    That will throw a spanner into the works for LHL. I think this is the part where she has to "consult" with people about.

    On one hand her conscience says no don't run. On the other hand if she falls on the wrong side of LHL then she may be sidelined in the future.

    Basically she either ownself sabo ownself, or ownself betray ownself.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    228
    My Reputation Points: 44 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    She sounded hesitant.

    Whereas Khan was confident.

    Marican sounded blur amd quite frankly rehearsed.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    557
    My Reputation Points: 298 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Very inefficient and counter productive....

    Now must sack all the Istana kitchen staff, change butchers and throw away all cutlery and toilet paper.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,270
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Could be the stalking horse for Zainul Abideen. Does Calvin know something that we don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by SalahParking View Post
    She sounded hesitant.

    Whereas Khan was confident.

    Marican sounded blur amd quite frankly rehearsed.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    61
    My Reputation Points: 217 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Zainul Abideen has been too much out of the limelight to be considered at this late stage. No build up, which is the PAP way. Besides he is also Indian Muslim like all the potential candidates so far, generally perceived as a loser by the public after Aljunied and just disappeared to the ME!. Too light weight. Most people dont know or remember him. If the PAP, against all odds, decides to field him, than it will be an even more of a ludicrous spectacle than it is already now.


    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Could be the stalking horse for Zainul Abideen. Does Calvin know something that we don't.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,623
    My Reputation Points: 366 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Could be the stalking horse for Zainul Abideen. Does Calvin know something that we don't.
    I am wondering too. Halimah may not want controversy to dog the rest of her life. If the Lees are not firmly in charge everyone who rose high on their coat tails, instead of sheer ability , can fall very far. Presidency may not be the sinecure it once was especially if public mood changes.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    61
    My Reputation Points: 217 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Halimah contemplates Presidency

    "If the Lees are not firmly in charge everyone who rose high on their coat tails, instead of sheer ability , can fall very far." i believe this applies to a very sizeable part of the present establishment who are just gonna shift loyalties. There is not going to be a "de-Ba'athification" process. Its all about the money. The Chinese and Indians in the establishment are all very practical people with very little principles to speak of.


    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    I am wondering too. Halimah may not want controversy to dog the rest of her life. If the Lees are not firmly in charge everyone who rose high on their coat tails, instead of sheer ability , can fall very far. Presidency may not be the sinecure it once was especially if public mood changes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chit Chat Halimah Yacob on the her thoughts on running for President
    By scroobal in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-02-2017, 05:11 AM
  2. Serious Fuck Halimah and Yourcock Ibrahim, we want Fandi Ahmad for Malay President!!!
    By Papsmearer in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17-11-2016, 05:33 PM
  3. Chit Chat Who will be our next mud president? Yaacob, Halimah or Mattar?
    By JohnTan in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 12:43 PM
  4. The next Sngapore President, Mdm Halimah Yacob?
    By groinroot in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 14-03-2014, 02:12 PM
  5. Are u guys ready for ho ching as s'pore president???
    By peasantJUDGE in forum The Political / Serious Zone [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 04:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •