• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Halimah contemplates Presidency

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to give her credit for coming out in this manner - giving the impression that it is a tough job. She was seconded to the Admin Service when she was in NTUC but was quietly posted back after a year or so due to competency issue. The lack of Malays in the elite service was a concern and it was hopped that she might make it but it was never to be. Now the Presidency. As people rightly point out - why the wayang.

“Don’t Wayang Lah” – Netizens on Halimah Yacob “thinking about” running for presidency
July 17, 20171051

Netizens have trolled Madam Halimah Yacob, claiming that the Speaker of Parliament is acting and putting on a show of “thinking about” joining the presidential race, following her confirmation that she is eyeing the presidential election to be held this year.

At the parliamentary debate on the Presidential Election (amendment) Bill in February this year, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Chan Chun Sing, accidentally referred to Madam Halimah as “Madam President” instead of “Madam Speaker”. Netizens who responded to Mr Chan’s slip then, wondered if it was a freudian one.

Speaking after a community event in her Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC yesterday, Madam Halimah said:

“I am thinking about it, of running for the presidency…The elected presidency is a very heavy responsibility and an important institution in Singapore, so it’s not something that one should take lightly… so it needs a bit of time to think. But I must say at this moment, I have a lot of duties I have to perform, as Speaker, as MP. These duties are also very dear and important to me.”

Commentators online have responded sarcastically to Madam Halimah’s statement that she is consulting her family on whether she should join the presidential race, which has been reserved for members of the Malay community.
halimah-net-2.png
halimah-net-2.png

Attachments

• halimah-net-4.png
    halimah-net-4.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,930
Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it will be the best outcome. She will not allow her monkey relatives to turn the Istana into a wet market. Remember the Sinkie Idol Hadi something condo incident?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Infact India is very proud that Halimah is Indian Origin Politician:
Indian-origin politician to be Singapore’s first woman speaker

The question is why Halimah disown her Indian Origin?
Singapore Indian Society dare to comment?

Indian-origin politician Halimah Yacob (58) is set to become the first woman Speaker of Singapore’s Parliament next week replacing Michael Palmer, who was forced to quit over his extra-marital affair.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday said he would nominate Ms. Halimah as the next Speaker when the House sits on January 14, 2014.

Ms. Halimah, a former labour lawyer, is a Member of Parliament from the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) and has extensive experience in the labour movement, social work and pre-school education. She would be resigning as Minister of State (MOS) at the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports on January 13 as office holders cannot be elected Speaker, said Mr. Lee in a statement.

The Speaker’s post fell vacant when Mr. Palmer, also a PAP MP, resigned last month for his involvement in an extra-marital affair. Ms. Halimah would be confirmed as Speaker as PAP has an absolute majority in the 99-member house. Mr. Lee said he has briefed PAP MPs and received their full support on his intention to nominate Ms. Halimah to the position.

Ms. Halimah, a mother of five, entered politics in 2001.

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
This presidential election should be known as election for a Muslim president rather than a Malay president.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Halimah Yacob father is an Indian.
Is Halimah an Indian or Malay?

Do you really think this matters?

The PAP is just bent on getting any other likely candidates out of the EP picture.

If PAP really values the minorities in the political scene...then why not also insist that the next PM be a non Chinese?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Halimah Yacob speaks about running for President​

You got to give her credit for coming out in this manner - giving the impression that it is a tough job. She was seconded to the Admin Service when she was in NTUC but was quietly posted back after a year or so due to competency issue. The lack of Malays in the elite service was a concern and it was hopped that she might make it but it was never to be. Now the Presidency. As people rightly point out - why the wayang.

“Don’t Wayang Lah” – Netizens on Halimah Yacob “thinking about” running for presidency
July 17, 20171051

Netizens have trolled Madam Halimah Yacob, claiming that the Speaker of Parliament is acting and putting on a show of “thinking about” joining the presidential race, following her confirmation that she is eyeing the presidential election to be held this year.

At the parliamentary debate on the Presidential Election (amendment) Bill in February this year, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Chan Chun Sing, accidentally referred to Madam Halimah as “Madam President” instead of “Madam Speaker”. Netizens who responded to Mr Chan’s slip then, wondered if it was a freudian one.

Speaking after a community event in her Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC yesterday, Madam Halimah said:

“I am thinking about it, of running for the presidency…The elected presidency is a very heavy responsibility and an important institution in Singapore, so it’s not something that one should take lightly… so it needs a bit of time to think. But I must say at this moment, I have a lot of duties I have to perform, as Speaker, as MP. These duties are also very dear and important to me.”

Commentators online have responded sarcastically to Madam Halimah’s statement that she is consulting her family on whether she should join the presidential race, which has been reserved for members of the Malay community.
View attachment 31155
View attachment 31155

attachment.php

attachment.php

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i doubt there will be a eRection in september, most likely walkover.

for papig, it better to be nathan style sElection than run the risk of 20-30% spoil votes or worse 2nd Chance boss voted instead.:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, looks like it will follow Nathan's where candidates do not qualify. The 2 other candidates do not meet the financial hurdle.

for papig, it better to be nathan style sElection than run the risk of 20-30% spoil votes or worse 2nd Chance boss voted instead.:rolleyes:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ironic that she is an Indian and she is following the last Indian president. Go in by walkovers. This is really a Muslim Presidential candidate...not Malay candidate..the pap has made a farce out of the whole just because of preventing ah bock from getting in.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, looks like it will follow Nathan's where candidates do not qualify. The 2 other candidates do not meet the financial hurdle.

Its all part of the grand PAP wayang la!:biggrin: Pretend to have a contest at the beginning but only i left standing based on eligibility and not ability!
Why do you think she was pre-approved long time ago! Kee Chiu merely let slip his loose tongue on a matter that must have been discussed and decided secretly in the highest echelons of the PAP! The whole idea is to reserve this round for a Malay candidate to shoo away TCB and other would-be anti-establishment figures. :wink:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ironic that she is an Indian and she is following the last Indian president. Go in by walkovers. This is really a Muslim Presidential candidate...not Malay candidate..the pap has made a farce out of the whole just because of preventing ah bock from getting in.

indian muslim so what. Many politicians that championed malay rights in the region are non malay muslims. They are the 1 that like to stir anti chinese sentiments to advance their own agenda.

as for 害你妈 malay or not will not be a reason of concern to the 69.9%.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
cakap bohong............ already in the plan for many months even before constitution was changed to kickout TCB to enable a melayu puki to contest
what kind of tudung keling mooselim to lie like that? allah does not punish tudung wearer?? NO shame to contest when other races with much more abler talents NOT allowed to stand = what meritocracy?

Indranee pundek and now this keling tudung pundek lying.......... allah what has become of this world?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that is the case, there is no need for a reserved erection,,,than the next one will be what? a reserved erection for chap cheng? this whole thing is a farce....a president serves all singkies not just their own race...the pappies are playing the race card and they have the gall to say others are racist.
indian muslim so what. Many politicians that championed malay rights in the region are non malay muslims. They are the 1 that like to stir anti chinese sentiments to advance their own agenda.

as for 害你妈 malay or not will not be a reason of concern to the 69.9%.