• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat CEO's Spin on why food poisoning had occurred

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best spin to date for a case of poor hygiene - to reduce oily dish, tried to avoid coconut milk for splitting etc etc. NEA whacked them for their poor kitchen hygiene including pest in their kitchen. Downgraded from A to C and can come out with this kind of BS.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...aded-after-spoilt-curry-causes-9034806Grain's hygiene status downgraded after spoilt curry causes gastroenteritis outbreak

The food delivery start-up has apologised for the May 15 incident, saying it came about after it tweaked the cooking process for its Thai green curry dish.

Singapore food start-up Grain pinned a post to its website apologising for an incident in May 2017 that caused the company's food hygiene status to be downgraded.
15 Jul 2017 07:38PM (Updated: 15 Jul 2017 07:40PM)

SINGAPORE: Food delivery start-up Grain had its food hygiene status downgraded from A to C on Friday (Jul 14) after 20 people reported falling ill after eating food from the company, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said.

The customers reported symptoms of the food-borne illness gastroenteritis on May 15, NEA said in its advisory.

"Following investigations, NEA has adjusted the food shop's food hygiene grade to C effective from Jul 14, 2017, to be reviewed in 12 months, and will keep the premises under surveillance meanwhile," said the agency.

Grain, which counts Thai Express founder Ivan Lee and Wee Teng Wen of the Lo & Behold Group as its investors, has apologised for the incident, saying it had "made a mistake".

In a post on Grain's Medium page, CEO Yi Sung Yong said the company took "full responsibility for the incident", which came about after it decided to reduce the usual simmering time for its Thai green curry dish.

"This was done to avoid the coconut milk from splitting and making the dish too oily, a regular customer feedback. This resulted in the dish spoiling quicker than usual," said the CEO, who signed off as Sung.

He added: "Unfortunately, by the time a customer pointed out that the green curry tasted 'funny', a number of our customers had already consumed this dish. We immediately removed this dish to avoid further consumption."

Grain said that affected customers were compensated within the week and that hygiene and pest control lapses that were highlighted by the authorities at its Burn Road kitchen have been rectified.

"We hate it when we disappoint our customers and we are sorry," said Sung.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-downgraded-after-spoilt-curry-causes-9034806

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best spin to date for a case of poor hygiene - to reduce oily dish, tried to avoid coconut milk for splitting etc .....

I think he is not bullshitting. When we cook curry, diluted coconut milk is used to form the soup base. Just before serving, the curry is heated to a boil. The fame must the flame must be lowered and thick coconut milk is only then added. if flame is too strong or curry is heated for too long, the coconut milk will turn into oil and there will be a thick layer of oil floating on top.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEA downgraded their hygiene rating from A to C. I have come to understand that pest infestation was found in the kitchen amongst other hygiene issues. Any cook handling coconut milk will know how to prepare it without the milk turning to oil. And those without oil will not spoil as he claimed. Indian curries tend to have excess oil because of this but not Thai curries.

I think he is not bullshitting. When we cook curry, diluted coconut milk is used to form the soup base. Just before serving, the curry is heated to a boil. The fame must the flame must be lowered and thick coconut milk is only then added. if flame is too strong or curry is heated for too long, the coconut milk will turn into oil and there will be a thick layer of oil floating on top.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEA downgraded their hygiene rating from A to C. I have come to understand that pest infestation was found in the kitchen amongst other hygiene issues. Any cook handling coconut milk will know how to prepare it without the milk turning to oil. And those without oil will not spoil as he claimed. Indian curries tend to have excess oil because of this but not Thai curries.
I don't think that he has claimed that those without oil will not spoil. I think he meant the other way round. The word "This resulted" in his quote below refers to "to avoid the coconut milk from splitting" and not "dish too oily". Coconut milk must be kept refrigerated or it will spoil in about an hour. Not boiling the coconut milk thoroughly enough will cause it to spoil quickly. Over boiling will change it to oil. A good cook will get the timing just right. Otherwise the easy way out is to add coconut milk only just before serving but is not possible in food catering.

"This was done to avoid the coconut milk from splitting and making the dish too oily, a regular customer feedback. This resulted in the dish spoiling quicker than usual," said the CEO, who signed off as Sung."

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ivan Lee Son in law of Tommie Goh is well known for cutting corners. Only in sg can his type of mediocre so called thai food can make money of stewpig sinkies

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ivan Lee Son in law of Tommie Goh is well known for cutting corners. Only in sg can his type of mediocre so called thai food can make money of stewpig sinkies
Agreed. I think all Thai food in sg cannot match those street stalls in bkk. Although they employed Thai cook in sg, the product is not the same. I guess it's the quality and source of the ingredients.