• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [ Singapore News ] Fair & Lovely Rinta Paul Mukkam lost in the sea. Anyone saw her?

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lost in the sea. Brother post on facebook appealing for help. Anyone saw her in the sea?:confused:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/search-goes-on-for-missing-sporean-diver

Search goes on for missing S'porean diver

ST_20170715_VNDIVER32_3276715.jpg
Ms Rinta Paul Mukkam, who was diving off Indonesia's Gili Lawa Laut when she went missing on Thursday, was an experienced diver, said her brother Roy Paul Mukkam, who posted on Facebook appealing for help in locating her.PHOTO: ROY PAUL MUKKAM/FACEBOOK

Published
Jul 15, 2017, 5:00 am SGT
Sean Lim
Kok Xing Hui

Singaporean diver Rinta Paul Mukkam remained missing as night fell yesterday after a second day of searching, with the Indonesian authorities pledging to continue the effort this morning.

Ms Rinta, 40, had been diving off the famed Komodo Island on Thursday when she failed to resurface with her group.

Search efforts have so far spanned a radius of more than 200km.

Ms Rinta had started her dive at about 11.40am that day at a site off Gili Lawa Laut island.

According to one woman in the group of 16 Singaporeans she was in, a boat had dropped them off at the spot and left to pick up other divers.

But Ms Rinta, who is an associate regional sales manager, did not surface with the other divers, said the Singaporean woman, who declined to be named.

She added that it was sunny at the time and they had been briefed by the dive master to be prepared for a drift dive - where divers are carried by the current.

The divers were then split into smaller groups for the dive. It is unclear what happened to Ms Rinta's "buddy". Divers typically dive in groups of two or three as a safety precaution, in a buddy system where members look out for one another.

According to West Manggarai regency police chief Supiyanto, Ms Rinta was in a group with a local diver known as Ajidan.

As they dived to the 4m depth, Ms Rinta stopped and swam back to a shallower 2m depth, while her three other friends continued to dive deeper to 15m as planned.

"When Rinta was diving towards the 2m depth, she signalled to the (local) diver to continue and accompany her three friends to the seabed (at a depth of 15m)," Mr Supiyanto said.

The group discovered that she was missing only when they had completed the dive and were boarding the boat.

"The missing tourist is suspected to have been swept away by currents at the depth of 2m, at the point where she was to surface and get onto the boat," added Mr Supiyanto.

According to those familiar with the area, Gili Lawa Laut, a popular diving spot, is also known for strong currents and relatively cold waters.

Mr Gede Ardana, head of rescue agency Badan SAR Kupang (Basarnas), told Indonesian media that his agency received a missing persons report at 2.30pm on Thursday. His agency then sent a team of six rescuers to the location by motorboat to carry out a search.

Yesterday evening, Basarnas told The Straits Times that boat operators and Komodo-based dive centres were also helping out in the search operation.

The current search-and-rescue efforts are focused on the region west of Flores Island, which is located in West Manggarai in Indonesia.

Ms Rinta's brother Roy Paul Mukkam, a 36-year-old lawyer, posted on Facebook on Thursday evening asking for help and information in locating his sister.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [ Singapore News ] Fair & Lovely Rinta Paul Mukkam lost in the sea. Anyone saw he

Seriously guys, she is lost at sea and likely to have lost her life. You find joy in this. We are a majority in this country and we are obsessed by a minority. Instead of voting of PAP that allowed foreigners to come in, you guys spend your time chasing this sort of stories. Reminds me of bullies in Primary school that take pocket money from the younger kids.

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [ Singapore News ] Fair & Lovely Rinta Paul Mukkam lost in the sea. Anyone saw he

Seriously guys, she is lost at sea and likely to have lost her life. You find joy in this. We are a majority in this country and we are obsessed by a minority. Instead of voting of PAP that allowed foreigners to come in, you guys spend your time chasing this sort of stories. Reminds me of bullies in Primary school that take pocket money from the younger kids.

Aren't you finding joy spending time chasing and obsessed with PAP, foreigners and last but not least Mr Shanmugam as well? Reminds me of primary school prefects who rat out bullies so that they can be the only bullies themselves. Everyone has an obsession. Stick to yours and no one will call you hypocrite.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

That girl is probably dead. Try picking on someone that can defend him or herself.

Aren't you finding joy spending time chasing and obsessed with PAP, foreigners and last but not least Mr Shanmugam as well? Reminds me of primary school prefects who rat out bullies so that they can be the only bullies themselves. Everyone has an obsession. Stick to yours and no one will call you hypocrite.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

That girl is probably dead. Try picking on someone that can defend him or herself.

I beg to differ. Don't see things in absolute black and white. Try to discern the possible grey shades in between. She is lost at sea and her brother is using Facebook for help? Who is she? What was she like? What's her financial situation? Is she covered by insurance policies worth millions? I don't unzip my pants even when a beautiful girl smile and start undressing in front of me. I'll still wait for more evidence of intent.

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am picking on the brother posting on facebook as if sister last seen at paragon. If u can't read sarcasm thats your own problem.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is screwed, entering a lion lair, komodo dragon does swim

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brudder post on facebook....appealing for help in case someone sees her?

Gili Lawa Laut island got internet or data access or not?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is screwed, entering a lion lair, komodo dragon does swim

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am picking on the brother posting on facebook as if sister last seen at paragon. If u can't read sarcasm thats your own problem.

nothing wrong with your thread title, and nothing misleading or opinionated in your original thread-starting post. you're just reposting what's from st on a missing person. tragic but word needs to go out, including social media. she's fair and lovely alright. hopefully she swims to shore and is stranded but safe somewhere. chances are slim though.

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal

nothing wrong with your thread title, and nothing misleading or opinionated in your original thread-starting post. you're just reposting what's from st on a missing person. tragic but word needs to go out, including social media. she's fair and lovely alright. hopefully she swims to shore and is stranded but safe somewhere. chances are slim though.

Nothing wrong for a hypocrite using a clone to wiggle out too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I spotted her yesterday in the Tasman sea. She was texting and swimming at the same time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing wrong for a hypocrite using a clone to wiggle out too.

he is a known hypocrite and double tongued twister fraud here. tread carefully as he's also supermod with power to ban.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

dalit family wants you to sponsor their helicopter joyride cum sight seeing

IMG_20170716_114937_1.md.jpg

a cheap bumboat w taoist sai-gong plus couple of water melon will so the trick. else treat as sea burial. why waste money? these dalits are hindus.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I donate my old torchlight and a kite from the storeroom for ah neh to search for his sis.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He's reporting the news I don't see him making degradatory remarks about her

MyMother

Alfrescian
Loyal

$82k for a helicopter search??

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he is a known hypocrite and double tongued twister fraud here. tread carefully as he's also supermod with power to ban.

The funny thing is were this girl a Chinese and such a thread title was started he wouldn't even bother to chide the TS