• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat In the blink of an eye...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Time flies when you're having fun and it slows to a crawl when you're in fear...

It also flies when ministars make stupid statements: floods only occur once in fifty years...

Travel safe, my friends on the road...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So true. I am sure no one wanted to see the end of 38 Oxley. For all intents and purposes it was a wet dream. As to Ministers and their silly statements - Lim Swee Say can't be outdone. Yacoob, Lim Boon Heng, are next , Viv and Shan try too hard to be intellectual even though one is President Scholar and the other a 1st in Law. CCS is our new stand-up comedian that we always wanted to open an act and he does it well as the whip in Parliament.

Baey, Teo See Luck, Yeo Guat Kwang, Lee Bee Wah etc were the street comedians.

Time flies when you're having fun and it slows to a crawl when you're in fear...

It also flies when ministars make stupid statements: floods only occur once in fifty years...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Time to visit The Heart Sutra...:biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Rain enough, and SG will soon be the oldest country on planet earth

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
So true. I am sure no one wanted to see the end of 38 Oxley. For all intents and purposes it was a wet dream. As to Ministers and their silly statements - Lim Swee Say can't be outdone. Yacoob, Lim Boon Heng, are next , Viv and Shan try too hard to be intellectual even though one is President Scholar and the other a 1st in Law. CCS is our new stand-up comedian that we always wanted to open an act and he does it well as the whip in Parliament.

What to do when the biggest clown is the PM? LHL totally lacks statesmanship. He is uncomfortable socially and awkward publicly

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all intents and purposes it was a wet dream. As to Ministers and their silly statements - Lim Swee Say can't be outdone. Yacoob, Lim Boon Heng, are next , Viv and Shan try too hard to be intellectual even though one is President Scholar and the other a 1st in Law. CCS is our new stand-up comedian that we always wanted to open an act and he does it well as the whip in Parliament.

All now conveniently collected in a handy publication...

https://shop.epigrambooks.sg/collections/new-releases/products/mee-siam-mai-hum

[I]Mee Siam Mai Hum is the first-ever published compilation of the most memorable quotes uttered by Singapore's politicians. Collected over several years, the quotes accompany witty illustrations by Jackie Goh of The Fingersmith Letterpress.

You will find verbal gaffes, stretched analogies, shockers and mind-bogglers that have created news headlines and stirred up the cybersphere.

[/I]
About the editor:
Edmund Wee is the Publisher and CEO of Epigram Books, a Singaporean imprint that champions local literature and writers. Best known for its bestselling graphic novel The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye, it has also published landmark translations of novels and short story collections by Cultural Medallion winners, fresh fiction by emerging authors, and republished out-of-print novels for a new generation of readers. For his efforts, Edmund was included in the Straits Times Life! Power List of arts, entertainment, and lifestyle players five times in the last six years.

About the illustrator:
Jacqueline (Jackie) Goh is a print operator and illustrator at The Fingersmith Letterpress studio in Singapore. Besides the love of being covered in ink, she enjoys tinkering with her analog cameras and dabbles in occasional woodwork. She is usually found buried in her sketchbook doodling not so serious things and journaling inspirations from around the world.

ISBN: 9789814785389
Format: Hardcover
Size: 148mm x 105mm
Pages: 96pp
Published: June 2017

2lm13xv.png

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just prior to a GE in the 80s, PAP did the usual washerwoman for a mum stories and a few MPs contributed. You know the usual tidbits - grew up in zinc roofed home, grew up in 3 room HDB flat in Tanglin Halt, etc etc . Lim Boon Heng shared his version of hardship and the ST actually carried it - he and his wife found that they had exceeded income ceiling for a HDB flat being a naval architect and a young professional. So they had run around Singapore for a private property. Of course his most outstanding comment was recommending that all University degrees carry an expiry date!

Till today those in Public Service agree that his most outstanding contribution to Singapore was chairing the organising committee for old man's birthday at the Shang. Old Man gave him the green light to invite all the controversial businessmen friends from Singapore and Indonesia that was close to the old man but never revealed publicly.
All now conveniently collected in a handy publication...

https://shop.epigrambooks.sg/collections/new-releases/products/mee-siam-mai-hum

[I]Mee Siam Mai Hum is the first-ever published compilation of the most memorable quotes uttered by Singapore's politicians. Collected over several years, the quotes accompany witty illustrations by Jackie Goh of The Fingersmith Letterpress.

You will find verbal gaffes, stretched analogies, shockers and mind-bogglers that have created news headlines and stirred up the cybersphere.

[/I]