• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Fucked up ASS-M-RT says needs 6 months to get their shit together

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The new signalling system on the North-South Line (NSL) will take between four and six months to stabilise, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and SMRT said on Friday (Jul 14).

But a software update to be installed on Friday night is expected to address glitches, some of which have resulted in multiple train disruptions since full-day tests on the new signalling system started in late May.

Glitches experienced since include door alignment issues when the track is wet and when trains stop at elevated stations, SMRT said at a media briefing co-chaired by LTA CEO Ngien Hoon Ping.

SMRT started testing the system on the NSL during off-peak hours in late March, and then on Sundays from Apr 16. It said more than 1,300 tests were performed, and that no major issues were encountered.

When full-day tests started at the end of May, checks to the signalling system subsequently caused delays during rush hour periods on two consecutive days in June, raising questions as to why such checks were being carried out during the day, including at peak hour.

SMRT Trains’ CEO Lee Ling Wee told reporters on Friday it is important that the system is checked “rigorously” during passenger service to resolve initial teething problems.

More at North-South Line signalling system to take up to 6 months to stabilise

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can confirm that they are having problems with the NE line.
On thursday afternoon about 3pm I had to wait about 20 minutes for a train.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
...this bunch of crowns does not know what problem they are facing...whats wrong in enquiring from experts ..eg Japan...shinjuku itself have abt 4millions
Passengers a day ..n japan hv more trains n lines but they do not hv such issue...just thrown in $100 millions n get advice from expert...im sure we can solve most glitches...Tumasick hv oredi lost US 4billion in UBS...so 100mills is nothing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm out of town for a while but when i'm back in 6.9 months mrt will run great again. please be patient. help is on the way.