• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How much grab/uber driver earn per month?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental, petrol etc are all tax deductible. These are expense to earn that income. Not sure why is taken as non-deductible. Anyway I think they are using the taxi income which is net and assume the same for Uber/Grab. The latter you take the gross income and apply the deduction as you prepare your returns.

I don't get it..all expenses of the car should be tax deductible as the car is the business...to not include tat for deductions is a joke...but Singkieland income tax soo low...argue also pointless...but should be no tax at all as already pay COE..ERP...fuel tax..gst etc..high running cost

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
driverless cars still have a long way to go.

yup. a uber driverless car ran through a red light in sf, kena caught by video cam of another car, went viral, and whole experiment was shut down indefinitely in the state. they didn't bother to get permission from the state dmv to do driverless test in the 1st place - double whammy. now must have driver and auto-pilot mode shut off.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rental, petrol etc are all tax deductible. These are expense to earn that income. Not sure why is taken as non-deductible. Anyway I think they are using the taxi income which is net and assume the same for Uber/Grab. The latter you take the gross income and apply the deduction as you prepare your returns.

But taxi drivers also have to pay own fuel etc..so if taxis have tat as a tax deduction because it's an expense...so grab b Uber should have the same deduction..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that it will take a while. more importantly. Uber cannot go to IPO as the current model is unsustainable. Thus the massive entry into driverless technology. Its no surprise that the founder lost his job last week.

driverless cars still have a long way to go.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi scroobal,

Uber treats it's drivers like shit and many drivers have bailed...look at the negative publicity Uber got when the ex CEO fuck the driver..also Uber does fuck all and take 25 to 30 percent cut..in Ozland Uber don't even have a hotline to call. Also Uber lost big on ah tiong land..they are now leeching on its profitable markets to cover those losses. Now alot of local competitors are coming up to compete...if enough drivers go to these competitors than they loose market share. These competitors offer better incentives for the drivers to join.. if Uber no drivers it's fucked..just hope these competitors can up their game.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, agree.

The best thing that Uber did was kick the backsides of the taxi industry worldwide. The famous black cab drivers of London are bunch of arseholes - high fare, leave first time foreigners in inconvenient places and damn stuck up. After Uber, suddenly so nice. Look at NTUC leadership and our local taxi industry. They used to take the drivers for granted, suddenly so nice to our local drivers.

I have no doubt that Uber could have done a better job with income projections and clearer set of expectations.

Interestingly I suspect it will come back to the original model - where money for the business comes via taxi / car rentals plus app.

Hi scroobal,

Uber treats it's drivers like shit and many drivers have bailed...look at the negative publicity Uber got when the ex CEO fuck the driver..also Uber does fuck all and take 25 to 30 percent cut..in Ozland Uber don't even have a hotline to call. Also Uber lost big on ah tiong land..they are now leeching on its profitable markets to cover those losses. Now alot of local competitors are coming up to compete...if enough drivers go to these competitors than they loose market share. These competitors offer better incentives for the drivers to join.. if Uber no drivers it's fucked..just hope these competitors can up their game.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, agree.

The best thing that Uber did was kick the backsides of the taxi industry worldwide. The famous black cab drivers of London are bunch of arseholes - high fare, leave first time foreigners in inconvenient places and damn stuck up. After Uber, suddenly so nice. Look at NTUC leadership and our local taxi industry. They used to take the drivers for granted, suddenly so nice to our local drivers.

I have no doubt that Uber could have done a better job with income projections and clearer set of expectations.

Interestingly I suspect it will come back to the original model - where money for the business comes via taxi / car rentals plus app.

For Ozland..if Uber just cut its commission..it will help greatly..but Uber did give benefits to society as a whole. In Ozland..many Uber drivers got a job...got extra income etc n no need to go through traditional job hunting shit like interviews, age discrimination etc...taxis in Ozland were shit...the average cost of a taxi ride is 3 bucks a km.uber is 20 percent cheaper..and alot of the drivers are Indians n Africans etc..and they have a bad reputation..rape cases for taxi drivers are higher than Uber...before Uber came in and I take taxi in Ozland..I got shit from an Afghan driver..racist fuckers n even ang Mors complain about taxis...Uber have lifted the game..and now the taxi industry in Ozland is shit..no one is crying for them.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lyft is the (much) better alternative in the sf bay area, although full time drivers in ride sharing drive for both lyft and uber. drivers are happier with lyft, including passengers. when you're in sf, use the lyft app.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uber is a great welcome where fares are high and service bad. I heard the same about OZ from friends. UK the same as well. Many are excited by it. I also heard that their adult kids love it when they go for dining and clubbing and don't take their own cars as they consume alcohol.

What Uber has also done is to also shake up the transportation authorities to do something about the poor and expensive service plus consider the use of underutlisied vehicles plus opportunity to part income for some.

For Ozland..if Uber just cut its commission..it will help greatly..but Uber did give benefits to society as a whole. In Ozland..many Uber drivers got a job...got extra income etc n no need to go through traditional job hunting shit like interviews, age discrimination etc...taxis in Ozland were shit...the average cost of a taxi ride is 3 bucks a km.uber is 20 percent cheaper..and alot of the drivers are Indians n Africans etc..and they have a bad reputation..rape cases for taxi drivers are higher than Uber...before Uber came in and I take taxi in Ozland..I got shit from an Afghan driver..racist fuckers n even ang Mors complain about taxis...Uber have lifted the game..and now the taxi industry in Ozland is shit..no one is crying for them.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lyft is the (much) better alternative in the sf bay area, although full time drivers in ride sharing drive for both lyft and uber. drivers are happier with lyft, including passengers. when you're in sf, use the lyft app.

Too bad Ozland no Lyft...Uber is the big boy n heaps of its drivers want a true competitor..but no capable alternative has come out yet

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uber is a great welcome where fares are high and service bad. I heard the same about OZ from friends. UK the same as well. Many are excited by it. I also heard that their adult kids love it when they go for dining and clubbing and don't take their own cars as they consume alcohol.

What Uber has also done is to also shake up the transportation authorities to do something about the poor and expensive service plus consider the use of underutlisied vehicles plus opportunity to part income for some.

Actually thanks to Uber people are going out more. Now can go out n drink n have a good time..no more designated driver etc. N gives people another chance to earn a living..no more depending on a traditional job to survive. Being an employee is just enduring the tyranny of the employer...surviving well without putting up with the nonsense of the employer is the best way to fuck the boss...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All BS.
Many are mats or chow ah beings who can't afford cars but still wants to have a car to show off.
So they drive just enough to cover rental so they get 'free' use of a car they otherwise can't afford.
But with the new road tax decal thingy....one look at the windscreen can expose their game.

Actually got car to these Bengs n Sengs is an aspiration for them. Got car decal etc is still better than bus n MRT..n the m&ds won't mind too..can bring whole family out in a car.. if no Uber..m&ds will be using employer provided lorry n delivery van...to bring the family out...so got car be it ride sharing one is still more atas. For me having a car is the last thing on my mind unless for business. It's way cheaper to use Uber n public tpt...if I out of work than I be Uber driver...at least it's my own business n if can make a living why not?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is learning how to drive hard?I can ride bicycle and escooter and I used to play alot of need for speed

dont think I could make 5 to 7k salary before 30 or in this lifetime.would be nice to have the capacity to make 5 to 7k.imagine u slog six months a year.the other six months go Australia backpack and chill.....work three months earn 21k,go Australia chill three months.shit 21k can last how many months sia,easily 7 to 9 months depending on how thrifty u are.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sinkies who use own car for ride sharing, must also consider car payments in your total cost of ownership (tco) business analysis. case not positive and payback is at least 6.9 years into 10-year coe. oh yeah, add coe too. don't forget. now business case lagi worse.

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't get it..all expenses of the car should be tax deductible as the car is the business...to not include tat for deductions is a joke...but Singkieland income tax soo low...argue also pointless...but should be no tax at all as already pay COE..ERP...fuel tax..gst etc..high running cost

But taxi drivers also have to pay own fuel etc..so if taxis have tat as a tax deduction because it's an expense...so grab b Uber should have the same deduction..

UG drivers are treated differently from taxi drivers by our tax authority.

Taxi drivers everything also can claim. Diesel, rental, even car wash also can claim. No such luck with UG drivers.

One reason could be that taxi cos. pay a taxi license fee to our gov. UG tout their biz as a app for mobile, and do not pay any license fees to gov. Of course, there could be other reasons as well.

The other difference btw taxi drivers and UG drivers is when the car is involved in a accident. Taxi drivers max. outlay is $1,000 (this one hearsay only). UG drivers, if rental, the outlay could be $4,280, if it is the UG driver fault. Worst still, some rental companies like LCR (Uber rental arm) will continue to charge you rental when the car is under repair at the workshop. For own car, commercial insurance excess will be very high (close to 4k).

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sinkies who use own car for ride sharing, must also consider car payments in your total cost of ownership (tco) business analysis. case not positive and payback is at least 6.9 years into 10-year coe. oh yeah, add coe too. don't forget. now business case lagi worse.

Yeah u r right have to factor in depreciation n replacement vehicle..or put a portion of the earnings aside to cover a new vehicle after X number of years

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UG drivers are treated differently from taxi drivers by our tax authority.

Taxi drivers everything also can claim. Diesel, rental, even car wash also can claim. No such luck with UG drivers.

One reason could be that taxi cos. pay a taxi license fee to our gov. UG tout their biz as a app for mobile, and do not pay any license fees to gov. Of course, there could be other reasons as well.

The other difference btw taxi drivers and UG drivers is when the car is involved in a accident. Taxi drivers max. outlay is $1,000 (this one hearsay only). UG drivers, if rental, the outlay could be $4,280, if it is the UG driver fault. Worst still, some rental companies like LCR (Uber rental arm) will continue to charge you rental when the car is under repair at the workshop. For own car, commercial insurance excess will be very high (close to 4k).

Good point..sounds like the gahmen is just trying to scam the people again...