• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Siblings Feud, all about money money money

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So, what to make of this family feud so far? I have been in a few of these myself with my own family members. And you know what, it always revolves around Money. I know other things have been mentioned in the court and in the press, such as preservation, obeying LKY’s last wish, memorial garden, honouring his legacy, making political capital out of the house etc. But it was always about the money, and nothing but the money, goobs of it.

After having some kopi and bak kut tea and other such things with my kakis, some of whom are rather senior civil serpents, they ask me to consider another reason for this whole mess. As for the money, its not about the 150% of valuation that Yang paid for his share of the house from Loong. In fact, the whole thing could result in multi hundred million dollars just for the right Lee, and billions at the market if they can pull it off.

What do I mean when I say this? Consider the surrounding area of 38 Oxley Road. Have you ever wonder as you drive through the area, why everything is low rise and nothing much is over 5 storey. I mean even relatively recent freehold condos like Oxley Residence, down the road from LKY’s house, developed by Cheong Hooi Hong only has 12 units on 3 or 4 levels, and that piece of land is large. Larger parcels like Valley Mansions at 50 Oxley, is only 5 storeys high on very large lots, and that was build way back in 1970. The same story is every where. When you drive down Lloyd or Eber, or Dublin, you will see many low –rise residences, freehold and all very very ripe for en bloc.

So, why haven’t they been en bloc and developed through the years into higher density high rises. The reason for this not taking place is 38 Oxley Road. Lee Kuan Yew had the building authorities put a moratorium on high rises in his neighbourhood. He liked his privacy, as did his wife and did not want people with binos looking down into his back yard from the high rise. As well, there was the risk of assassination from a sniper. In 1972, the still unsolved case of a Chinese woman shot and killed with a single round, in Queenstown. Ostensibly by a rifled and fired by an assassin as a warning to LKY. For these reasons the surrounding area has been under developed.

But what would happen if 38 Oxley were to be demolished? Yes, the land can be sold to a developer and a condo complex could be build on it. But even more importantly, the moratorium would be lifted. Imagine all those neighbouring locations, so close to Orchard area, developers would be flooding the market trying to en bloc as many of them as they could. Timing is the crucial element here. When to approach the neighbouring properties to sell is dependent on when the house can be demolished. And when the house can be demolished is controlled by Lee Wei Ling and Lee Hsien Yang.

Very easily, LWL and LHY, along with investors and other parties can quietly start buying up units in the surrounding area using proxies and such, with the view to enblocking them. It does not work for other developers because if they did the same thing, they might have to sit on their investment for 30 years or whenever, until LWL moves out or dies. They have no control over that. But LWL and LHY will know exactly when this will happen. Imagine if they control several stratas and several low rise free hold buildings in the neighbourhood, what kind of windfall will they gain when the moratorium is lifted and Oxley is demolished? They could become instant billionaires.

This is the crux of the argument. LHL and Ho Ching, as per their record of poor investment management and lost opportunities to make money (evidenced by Temasek performances), missed the boat completely on this fantastic opportunity.

1)Ever asked yourself why LHY was willing to pay 150% over market valuation to his brother to take over Oxley? Now you know. LHL thought he was getting a great deal by charging a large premium for the house. He knew his brother and sister wanted to sell the land to condo developers or develop it themselves, so he asked for a lot of money. But his brother snookered him. The much bigger game was to buy as many parcels in the surrounding area as they can.

2)Ever ask yourself why LWL moved back into Oxley? Well, as long as she is in there, the moratorium cannot be lifted on high rises in the area. How would it look if the daughter of LKY was assassinated with a headshot from a sniper in a newly erected highrise behind the Oxley house? Her purpose is to control the timing and to buy time for herself and her brother to accumulate as much of the neighbouring properties as possible. There was never a need for her to move back in. Many people ask why don't she vacate the house immediately and then have it torn down, right after the father died. After all an obedient daughter would want to give the father his last wish. Now we know, that her presence in the house, using the clause her father put in the will to allow her to stay, controls the timing for all en bloc attempts in the area.

3) Ever ask yourself who are these charities that received all the money from the proceeds of sale of Oxley? In fact, no dollar amount was ever revealed with regards to how much it was sold for, much less which charities received the funds. My guess is that they never gave the money away. They are sons of the Great Hakka Jew after all. Its somewhere in LHL’s bank account.

4) Ever wonder why LKY insisted on demolishing the house? He knew the redevelopment potential would be huge and he wanted a windfall for the older son, or who ever ended up with it. There is no mention in his will of memorial garden or giving any money to charity or any prohibition from development. He fully expected the house to be a real estate play after his death. He never gave a send away while he was alive, and neither did his wife. While other rich people donated entire hospitals, he donated jackshit. He has always been about making money, even way back in WW2 where he was blackmarketeering, and making money on other people's misfortune.

Back to why LHY and LWL were pissed at brother LHL. He threatened to gazette the property and set up a Ministerial Committee, after missing out on this golden opportunity. By gazetting the property as a National Heritage site, he will force LWL to move out of the house. When this happens, there will be no more need for the high rise moratorium on the neighbouring properties, and they can be developed into such. And of course when the property gets gazetted will be controlled by LHL, which removes the control element from LWL and LHY. The potential to make money here Is huge. Just My 2 cents.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another great analysis - clear, succinct, insightful and particularly revealing in what it does not say. I predict this thread will run a long while. Scholarly work that deserves one's full attention.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
So clever Papsmearer. Yr assessment is so good y are the right man to lead the armour brigade to win the war for LKY.

Singapore need an oppo like you. Pse joi oppo to help make Singapore great again.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You high on beedee bro? Loong would have gotten wind of it much earlier than you concoct your wild theories.

quelone

Alfrescian
Loyal
So clever Papsmearer. Yr assessment is so good y are the right man to lead the armour brigade to win the war for LKY.

Singapore need an oppo like you. Pse joi oppo to help make Singapore great again.

He makes much better and more logical posts than you , you uneducated chow ah pek. Your English and your mental condition need extreme assistance.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
3) Ever ask yourself who are these charities that received all the money from the proceeds of sale of Oxley? In fact, no dollar amount was ever revealed with regards to how much it was sold for, much less which charities received the funds. My guess is that they never gave the money away. They are sons of the Great Hakka Jew after all. Its somewhere in LHL’s bank account.

"The eight charities PM Lee and his brother will make the donations to were named in their father's obituary notice. They are the Education Fund, the NTUC-U Care Fund and the Garden City Fund, as well as five community self-help groups: the Chinese Development Assistance Council, Mendaki, the Association of Muslim Professionals, Singapore Indian Development Association and the Eurasian Association." "Lee family to donate value of 38, Oxley Rd to eight charities", 147th Prostitute Press, 05 Dec 2015

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another great analysis - clear, succinct, insightful and particularly revealing in what it does not say. I predict this thread will run a long while. Scholarly work that deserves one's full attention.

This thing about developing minds. They have such wild imaginations.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, what to make of this family feud so far? I have been in a few of these myself with my own family members. And you know what, it always revolves around Money. I know other things have been mentioned in the court and in the press, such as preservation, obeying LKY’s last wish, memorial garden, honouring his legacy, making political capital out of the house etc. But it was always about the money, and nothing but the money, goobs of it.
[video=youtube;bsPQo6OXJAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsPQo6OXJAg[/video]

The video above lends a clue as to how LKY treated the issue of his family's "privacy". Whilst your theory is possible, I believe that he and his wife genuinely did not want people trudging through their house in breach of their privacy.

Imagine kaypohchees walking through your house after your death, gawking, touching and photographing everything as though your house is an open zoo. Kaypohchees posing at the bedroom and fantasising about how he made made sweet passionate music to wifey to produce three loving children, the bathroom where he showered with his wife after a night of unbridled passion, the toilet where he and his wife shat heavily after a night of eating two-headed snake-curry specially cooked and delivered by best friend Shanmugam, etc. It's definitely not what most people would want.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The video above lends a clue as to how LKY treated the issue of his family's "privacy". ......

If the house is ever opened I want to look for the buried skeletons.
Also want to find the hidden tunnel connecting the house to the Istana. :smile:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Change yr nick again. Tony chat never stop be a teacher. Never know of use less preposition English.

Still stick to drug trafficker Pomnies Old english?

He makes much better and more logical posts than you , you uneducated chow ah pek. Your English and your mental condition need extreme assistance.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

the last time you showered such praise you got roundly abused for your efforts…wonder what is in store this time?

didnt I see a video where old lee himself, in favour of demolition, said: "build up, the value goes up"….makes perfect sense to me.

why is this some new insight?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;bsPQo6OXJAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsPQo6OXJAg[/video]

The video above lends a clue as to how LKY treated the issue of his family's "privacy". Whilst your theory is possible, I believe that he and his wife genuinely did not want people trudging through their house in breach of their privacy.

Imagine kaypohchees walking through your house after your death, gawking, touching and photographing everything as though your house is an open zoo. Kaypohchees posing at the bedroom and fantasising about how he made made sweet passionate music to wifey to produce three loving children, the bathroom where he showered with his wife after a night of unbridled passion, the toilet where he and his wife shat heavily after a night of eating two-headed snake-curry specially cooked and delivered by best friend Shanmugam, etc. It's definitely not what most people would want.

That is what I have said. He wanted his privacy and he never wanted his house to be a tourist attraction. That is why he wanted to demolish it. We are on agreement on this point. Now, ask yourself this. This man is the king of the Hakka Jews. This is the man who gave 1 cent angpows in CNY. This is the man and woman who never gave a penny back to Singapore. Other rich people in Singapore build and donate hospitals, he does not even donate a bed. He would have wanted his children to make money from the land after it was demolished. That is why there is nothing in his will about turning it into a memorial garden or restricting the use of the empty land to any non profit use. The children would have been fully supported by him if they told him they will tear the house down and later sell it to condo developers for a song.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
the last time you showered such praise you got roundly abused for your efforts…wonder what is in store this time?

didnt I see a video where old lee himself, in favour of demolition, said: "build up, the value goes up"….makes perfect sense to me.

why is this some new insight?

Its new insight because selling the land at 38 Oxley, and then "build up, the value goes up" on it, yields only so much profit. Is it a large profit, yes it is. But if you now buy several of the neighbouring parcels of land, who because of who was living in 38 Oxley Road, could not have been build up before, but now can be done so because 38 Oxley has been demolished, then you would make muchos muchos dineros. Way more then just developing 38 Oxley on its own. Got it? Kindly read the entire original post.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
"The eight charities PM Lee and his brother will make the donations to were named in their father's obituary notice. They are the Education Fund, the NTUC-U Care Fund and the Garden City Fund, as well as five community self-help groups: the Chinese Development Assistance Council, Mendaki, the Association of Muslim Professionals, Singapore Indian Development Association and the Eurasian Association." "Lee family to donate value of 38, Oxley Rd to eight charities", 147th Prostitute Press, 05 Dec 2015

I suggest that you read your own post again.

"The eight charities PM Lee and his brother will make the donations to"

"Lee family to donate value of 38, Oxley Rd to eight charities"

I see the words "to donate", instead of donated. I see the words "will make" instead of made. If the money has already been given, just come out and say so. For such large amounts of donations, each charity getting a few millions, there will be a ceremony and many photo taking opportunities, with Gay Loong and entourage present to make a big show of handing over the money to the charity. Yet, we have not seen any such coverage of such a golden opportunity to make political capital and to cast the Lees as magnanimous and generous people. We have not even heard a squeak in the prostitute press about a one para thank you note to the Lees from any of the 8 charities. U mean not even one single charity is grateful enough to publicly thank the Lees? Seriously? In porlumpar Zikapore, not even one of the 8 charities is tripping over themselves to grovel at Ceasar's feet for such a significant gift?

I am reminded of the time when Gecko suffered the stroke in London and SIA outfitted a 747 as a flying hospital and send it to London to get her. I remember the public outcry over the cost involved in that. I remember Old Fart realizing the optics of the situation were so bad that he came out and said he paid for the flight and it was not on taxpayers money. To this day, I have not seen proof of this payment. Have you? What politicians say they will do and what they actually do are two different things.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This thread will be folded into the mother of all thread sooner or later by Zhihau.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are a million hdb flats.

average stamp duty say 2k.

they inherit a billion easily. How many meals a day does one need?

anyway they cant easily buy neighbouring plots through proxy etc easily. Neighbours not stupid.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shows that sinkies operate fundamentally around stage one and two of the Maslow's hierachy.no matter how much they have it could never be enough.relationships,intrinsic fulfillment,serving society selflessly are far secondary objectives.which also explains why civil servants pay are so high.