• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lee Siblings Feud, all about money money money

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
there are a million hdb flats.

average stamp duty say 2k.

they inherit a billion easily. How many meals a day does one need?

anyway they cant easily buy neighbouring plots through proxy etc easily. Neighbours not stupid.

Not immediately and not all at one time. My bet is that they have already been buying up properties for the last few years after it appeared Old fart was on his last legs. And now, they will continue to do so. Normal turnover in any of these neighbouring buildings could be around 10% a year. If they ended up with more then 50% of this 10%, they will control the strata in 5 years or so. Some buildings like Valley Mansions down the road are already 45 years old and freehold. Many people who bought there originally are close to nursing home age now. They will be looking to sell for sure. They would think nothing strange if someone offered them their full asking price.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The video above lends a clue as to how LKY treated the issue of his family's "privacy". Whilst your theory is possible, I believe that he and his wife genuinely did not want people trudging through their house in breach of their privacy.

Imagine kaypohchees walking through your house after your death, gawking, touching and photographing everything as though your house is an open zoo. Kaypohchees posing at the bedroom and fantasising about how he made made sweet passionate music to wifey to produce three loving children, the bathroom where he showered with his wife after a night of unbridled passion, the toilet where he and his wife shat heavily after a night of eating two-headed snake-curry specially cooked and delivered by best friend Shanmugam, etc. It's definitely not what most people would want.

what are u talking about? I thought dead old bastard and familee lived in istana?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what are u talking about? I thought dead old bastard and familee lived in istana?

during early days of his primacy he lived in 38orgy. "privacy" means very "kortak", and that trait runs in the family. "you dare touch my blade of grass in my yard and i will kill you" kind of kortak.

family time in 1965.....

IMG_0247.JPG

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Keep up with the times lah. When he was PeeM, started in Oxley, then later moved to Istana. After became MM and SM, still spend time in Istana, and later after wife had stroke, also moved wife's hospital bed and attendants to Istana. After retirement, cannot stay in IStana anymore, and anyway Loong wants it back. So move back to Oxley. There, Ling looked after him, until he croaked.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest that you read your own post again. "The eight charities PM Lee and his brother will make the donations to" "Lee family to donate value of 38, Oxley Rd to eight charities". I see the words "to donate", instead of donated. I see the words "will make" instead of made. If the money has already been given, just come out and say so. For such large amounts of donations, each charity getting a few millions, there will be a ceremony and many photo taking opportunities, with Gay Loong and entourage present to make a big show of handing over the money to the charity. Yet, we have not seen any such coverage of such a golden opportunity to make political capital and to cast the Lees as magnanimous and generous people. We have not even heard a squeak in the prostitute press about a one para thank you note to the Lees from any of the 8 charities.

With their relationship being what it is prior to and especially after the the reading of the Will, and the reason for the "donations" being what it was, I doubt Kor Kor Loong and Tee Tee Yang wanted to be seen, photographed or filmed together, smiling lovingly into each other eyes with all the brotherly love they can muster as they ostentatiously hand over a giant cheque to each beneficiary.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
U mean not even one single charity is grateful enough to publicly thank the Lees? Seriously? In porlumpar Zikapore, not even one of the 8 charities is tripping over themselves to grovel at Ceasar's feet for such a significant gift?

"With the passing of our founding Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew on 23 March 2015, the Labour Movement lost one of our dearest brothers and staunchest supporters. For without him, the NTUC would not be where we are today. The late Mr Lee dedicated himself to improve the lives of our workers and all Singaporeans, especially those who are less privileged.We are thus deeply grateful and honoured for the NTUC-U Care Fund to be named among a few organisations to receive donations made in his memory. We shall always keep his spirit alive and endeavour in our aim of ensuring that no one who is prepared to help himself, is left behind." David Wong, Chairman NTUC-U Care Fund, "Chairman's Message, Annual Report 2015

To this day, I have not seen proof of this payment. Have you? What politicians say they will do and what they actually do are two different things.

I had a quick look at the accounts of Garden City Fund and CDAC. Both had a significant leap in "direct" donations received in 2015. CDAC from $361,000 (2014) to $2,231,000 (2015) before falling back to $425,000 (2016). Ditto for Garden City, a 277% increase from $1.4 million (2013), $1.3 million (2014) to $5.1 million (2015). I have no doubts these significant jumps for 2015 were due to the generosity of both loving brothers. I have not bothered to check but am sure the rest of the named charities would show similar "anomalies" for 2015.

As for NTUC-U Care Fund...

NTUC.JPG

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sri Temasek, sited within the grounds of the Istana, is the official residence of the Prime Minister of Singapore, whoever that may be - LKY, Wooden or First born. 38 OR is LKY's private residence.

Except for a brief period in 1965 when he stayed in Sri Temasek, LKY and his family has never lived in it. Ditto for Wooden and First born as PMs. LKY and his family lived (daughter still lives) in his private residence at 38 OR.

He did spend a lot of time at the Istana though. This may well be the reason for the ongoing but erroneous claims and rumours that he and his family lived there. His office was there. He golfed, swam, cycled, exercised there; took evening walks with his wife after having dinner with the family at Oxley; brought his three kids and grandkids to run around the grounds of the Istana, etc. But he and his family never lived in Sri Temasek / Istana except for that brief 1965 period.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep up with the times lah. When he was PeeM, started in Oxley, then later moved to Istana. After became MM and SM, still spend time in Istana, and later after wife had stroke, also moved wife's hospital bed and attendants to Istana. After retirement, cannot stay in IStana anymore, and anyway Loong wants it back. So move back to Oxley. There, Ling looked after him, until he croaked.

Unless all information and records publicly available are wrong or have been deliberately falsified as part of some ongoing and inexplicable conspiracy to hide where he and his family actually lived, this "movement" to live in the Istana never happened (except in 1965). I suspect Sri Temasek, being the "official" residence in which no Singapore PM is obliged to live in as they may well prefer their own private residence, is one reason for such ongoing and erroneous claims. My reply to SGW above refers.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
With their relationship being what it is prior to and especially after the the reading of the Will, and the reason for the "donations" being what it was, I doubt Kor Kor Loong and Tee Tee Yang wanted to be seen, photographed or filmed together, smiling lovingly into each other eyes with all the brotherly love they can muster as they ostentatiously hand over a giant cheque to each beneficiary.

I am waiting for the cheque to be handed over. I mean if you assume $32 million as a round figure, then each charity gets $4 million, which is a very large amount from a private individual donor/s. For them to remain silent is ridiculous. gay Loong and Yang have already said that they gave the money to charities, its not a secret and its not a privacy issue. So, why won't the Charities just reveal it themselves that they have the money...............unless they don't really have it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Unless all information and records publicly available are wrong or have been deliberately falsified as part of some ongoing and inexplicable conspiracy to hide where he and his family actually lived, this "movement" to live in the Istana never happened (except in 1965). I suspect Sri Temasek, being the "official" residence in which no Singapore PM is obliged to live in as they may well prefer their own private residence, is one reason for such ongoing and erroneous claims. My reply to SGW above refers.

well, Sri Temasek is the official residence of the PeeM of singapore. although under no obligations to live there, he can choose to do so. Sri Temasek is somewhat larger then 38 Oxley, and its possible that Old fart moved there due to that reason. However, Sri Temasek is situated on the grounds of the Istana, more accurately the complex of Istana. The confusion arises because the official residence of the President of Singapore is also called the Istana. The entire Istana is a complex of such buildings.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
"With the passing of our founding Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew on 23 March 2015, the Labour Movement lost one of our dearest brothers and staunchest supporters. For without him, the NTUC would not be where we are today. The late Mr Lee dedicated himself to improve the lives of our workers and all Singaporeans, especially those who are less privileged.We are thus deeply grateful and honoured for the NTUC-U Care Fund to be named among a few organisations to receive donations made in his memory. We shall always keep his spirit alive and endeavour in our aim of ensuring that no one who is prepared to help himself, is left behind." David Wong, Chairman NTUC-U Care Fund, "Chairman's Message, Annual Report 2015

I had a quick look at the accounts of Garden City Fund and CDAC. Both had a significant leap in "direct" donations received in 2015. CDAC from $361,000 (2014) to $2,231,000 (2015) before falling back to $425,000 (2016). Ditto for Garden City, a 277% increase from $1.4 million (2013), $1.3 million (2014) to $5.1 million (2015). I have no doubts these significant jumps for 2015 were due to the generosity of both loving brothers. I have not bothered to check but am sure the rest of the named charities would show similar "anomalies" for 2015.

As for NTUC-U Care Fund...

View attachment 31048

Good research, but lets hear it from the charities themselves. There is no reason for them to hide this information and many reasons for a politician like LHL to herald this information for political capital. The NTUC Care says that the $500K was collectively donated in memory of LKY. we are not looking for donations from the many but rather the donations from the one or 2.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good research, but lets hear it from the charities themselves. There is no reason for them to hide this information and many reasons for a politician like LHL to herald this information for political capital. The NTUC Care says that the $500K was collectively donated in memory of LKY. we are not looking for donations from the many but rather the donations from the one or 2.

You ended your post with "Just My 2 cents" and I took it at that, the "Just My 2 cents" opinion that everyone is entitled to voice and which I am sure is welcomed in the forum as part of a variety of refreshing views, voices and opinions. This "2 cents" also means that whilst you acknowledge it to be speculative and perhaps possible or plausible, you never meant it to be taken as gospel truth in the first place. However, you are now making the mistake of elevating your original "just my 2 cents" opinion to 100 cents gospel truth, and as such, are trying to defend it as a 100 cents gospel truth come what may.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You ended your post with "Just My 2 cents" and I took it at that, the "Just My 2 cents" opinion that everyone is entitled to voice and which I am sure is welcomed in the forum as part of a variety of refreshing views, voices and opinions. This "2 cents" also means that whilst you acknowledge it to be speculative and perhaps possible or plausible, you never meant it to be taken as gospel truth in the first place. However, you are now making the mistake of elevating your original "just my 2 cents" opinion to 100 cents gospel truth, and as such, are trying to defend it as a 100 cents gospel truth come what may.

not really, you are the one that actually went in to check the accounts of those 2 charities. U are looking for proof. I could not be bothered to do that, as it was just my 2 cents. But since u are attempting to move it to a more factual footing (as evidenced by your digging up the contribution records of these 2 charities), i will try and follow along because its pointless to conduct a debate with one who is seeking fact based and one who is putting up a hypothesis. If u both are debating on facts, its more logical to have a discussion. However, as I said, its a theory on my part.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, Sri Temasek is the official residence of the PeeM of singapore. although under no obligations to live there, he can choose to do so. Sri Temasek is somewhat larger then 38 Oxley, and its possible that Old fart moved there due to that reason. However, Sri Temasek is situated on the grounds of the Istana, more accurately the complex of Istana. The confusion arises because the official residence of the President of Singapore is also called the Istana. The entire Istana is a complex of such buildings.

Everything is possible and I have heard of these "LKY stay in Istana" (should be "lives" btw, Singaporeans don't seem to know the difference between "stay" and "live") stories and rumours from decades ago. But all information (see below) and records publicly available point to this being untrue.

"My official residence was Istana where there were butlers and waiters galore. We decided to stay at home and not take the official residence which I used for entertainment purposes because we both believed that if they had so many waiters and helpers picking balls for them and doing things for them, it will give them an inflated and a false idea of what life will be like." Lee Kuan Yew, CNN Talk Asia, 14 May 2002

"Now, in October 2008, Papa knew that if Mama survived she would never be able to walk independently...Mama tried her best to cooperate with the therapists. But it seemed a useless struggle. Even swallowing a teaspoon of semi-solid food was a huge effort. Then more bleeds occurred and her condition deteriorated. We, her family, decided that no further active treatment should be sought. We arranged to bring her home and nurse her there.

Before we brought her home for the final time, Papa arranged for her to stop at the Istana, to see her favourite spots in the grounds. We wheeled her to where she had planted sweet-smelling flowers such as the Sukudangan and the Chempaka. Then we wheeled her to the swimming pool, where she had swum daily. We showed her the colourful little “windmills” she had arranged around the pool. She also saw the colourful wetsuits that Papa had arranged to be made for her to keep her warm in the water." LWL, "Love does indeed spring eternal", 147th Prostitute Press, 02 Oct 2011

"When I was on duty, almost every night, I saw him working in his room till past midnight."Yet, he was up by 7.30am every morning to start working from home before he went into the office," said Mr Kanda, who was Mr Lee's personal security officer from 1970 to 1990....

"Every evening without fail, Mr Lee made sure he had dinner with his wife and children at 38 Oxley Road.

"There was no excuse for either one of them not to be there, unless when duty called. Like when (Prime Minister) Lee Hsien Loong was in-camp or when Wei Ling had houseman duties at the hospital," Mr Kanda recalled.

Then there was his daily routine of returning to the Istana grounds with Mrs Lee after dinner.

"They would spend 45 minutes just walking, hand in hand or shoulder to shoulder, and merely talking." "Bodyguard's life lessons from Lee Kuan Yew', The New Paper, 23 March 2016

BTW, whilst the Istana is the "official" residence of the President, no Presidents have lived in it. Significant buildings in Istana "complex".

• Istana Main Building - three floors with President's Office, State Room, Reception Hall, Banquet Hall, etc.
  • Sri Temasek on Istana grounds - Official residence of Prime Minister
  • Istana villas on Istana grounds- Reserved for foreign heads of states until 1984 (but rarely used)
  • Istana Annex on Istana grounds - Offices for PM, SM and MM

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
not really, you are the one that actually went in to check the accounts of those 2 charities. U are looking for proof. I could not be bothered to do that, as it was just my 2 cents. But since u are attempting to move it to a more factual footing (as evidenced by your digging up the contribution records of these 2 charities), i will try and follow along because its pointless to conduct a debate with one who is seeking fact based and one who is putting up a hypothesis. If u both are debating on facts, its more logical to have a discussion. However, as I said, its a theory on my part.

Didn't you ask/say this in an earlier message???

To this day, I have not seen proof of this payment. Have you? What politicians say they will do and what they actually do are two different things.

Anyway, best to let this go. It's getting to be an unnecessarily lengthy and pointless exchange.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
someone has referred to this tit for tat as "grooming". 69% better than mutual masturbation by his own clones. go figure.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The density of this minus ingenio's intellect is beyond reproach.