• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2017-2018

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest from rumour mill on shrek's (Roon's) fortunes:

WAYNE BLUENEY Wayne Rooney in Everton return this week and Olivier Giroud will follow Manchester United captain to Goodison Park

[FONT=&amp]Toffees will land the striker for free but continue paying him his current £250,000-a-week wages
[/FONT]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3947896/wayne-rooney-everton-manchester-united-2/[FONT=&amp]By Neil Custis
[FONT=&amp]5th July 2017, 12:00 pm[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Updated: 5th July 2017, 12:01 pm[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

WAYNE ROONEY will make a stunning return to Everton by the end of this week.
The Toffees are also poised to continue their mega summer spending spree with the £20million capture of Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud.

Wayne Rooney is returning to Everton after losing his place in the Manchester United team
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATIO

Rooney has remained an Everton fan throughout his time at Old TraffordRooney, 31, has been withdrawn from the Manchester United squad that will head to the USA on Sunday for their pre-season tour.

Sources close to both clubs say the move is on and the word from Old Trafford last night was that the deal was all but done.

United’s 253-goal all-time leading scorer will go back to Goodison 13 years after he quit for Old Trafford in a £26.5m move.

Roo said yes to the deal after a summer break when he discussed his future with wife Coleen and other family members.

There was no offer from the MLS and England’s 53-goal record scorer did not want to uproot his family to China.

Everton was always his preferred option.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jose Mourinho's transfer frustrations begin to boil over as Manchester United make final push for Alvaro Morata

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Real Madrid are holding firm over a €90m (£79m) fee, frustrating United's efforts to have their squad complete by the beginning of pre-season

[/FONT][/FONT]
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-news-alvaro-morata-jose-mourinho-shortlist-summer-window-a7823261.html[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

alvaro-morata.jpg

Jose Mourinho has identified Alvaro Morata as his top striking target Getty
[FONT=&amp]Manchester United will make a renewed, final push for Álvaro Morata this week as Jose Mourinho's frustration at a lack of signings begins to bubble over.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The Spanish forward has been United's top attacking target since Antoine Griezmann decided to remain with Atletico, and has his mind set on moving to Old Trafford.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]But Real Madrid are holding firm over a €90m (£79m) fee, frustrating United's efforts to have their squad complete by the beginning of pre-season.[/FONT]

How Manchester United could line up next season

[FONT=&amp]Mourinho had insisted on his signings being in place before the club head away on their pre-season tour of the United States this weekend and handed executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward a list of targets for each position in the spring.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Since then, Woodward has been able to complete just one signing and that was Victor Lindelof, a player that Jorge Mendes had been offering to the club since the January transfer window.[/FONT]

Morata could become one of the world's best at United

[FONT=&amp]Morata still expects to sign for the club but United are struggling in negotiations where Madrid have all the leverage. Gianluigi Donnarumma's new contract in Milan muddies the waters further after Florentino Perez had ditched his interest in the United keeper in favour of the Italian starlet. The Old Trafford club do not want to sell De Gea and will not use him to land Morata.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]News that Ed Woodward flew to New Zealand to watch the British and Irish Lions did not irk Mourinho in itself but Mourinho had expected his squad to be taking shape by this point and the lack of arrivals is now severely testing Mourinho's patience. [/FONT]

morata-pass.jpg

Morata is Mourinho's No.1 target (Getty)

[FONT=&amp]The club has had a reputation for doddering in the transfer market under Woodward's stewardship and there is an awareness that failing to secure targets for Mourinho will not be acceptable, with the Portuguese already having fired warning shots in public after securing the Europa League in May.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“Ed Woodward has my list, what I want, what I would like for more than two months. Now it’s up to him and the owners.”[/FONT]

Manchester United summer transfer targets

[FONT=&amp]United insiders insist it is difficult to do deals with their financial might barely a secret. But if Mourinho is to elevate United from finishing sixth to winning the Premier League then he not only needs his top targets secured but also time to work with them before the campaign begins in around six weeks.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
July's pre-season fixtures with notables

Friday 21st July

INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP
Man U vs Man City 02:30

Sunday 23rd July

Real Madrid V ManU 22:00

Wednesday 26th July

Barca v Manu 0030

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Summer targets? Summary by Independent

1/10 Gareth Bale - Real Madrid

The Real Madrid forward would be a marquee signing, the type that the Manchester United boardroom are keen to make, and The Independent has been told by sources from both United and Madrid that a deal is 'much likelier' than ever before. The player himself though is happy in the Spanish capital.
Likelihood: 5/10

2/10 Alvaro Morata - Real Madrid

The Real Madrid forward fits the mould of the out and out No.9 Mourinho is looking for. Strong, quick and good in the air Morata figures to fit well in United's system in Ibrahimovic's place. A £60million deal could be done soon.
Likelihood: 9/10

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]3/10 Andrea Belotti - Torino[/h][FONT=&quot]Another of Europe’s most promising players, Belotti is fast becoming well-known after his outstanding performances at Torino, where he has scored 37 goals in 64 appearances since 2015. His best years are still ahead of him aged just 23, which contributes to the incredible €100m release clause, applicable only to clubs outside of Italy, negotiated into his contract. Torino are in no hurry to sell and will drive a hard bargain with any deal likely to start at upwards of £70m.
Likelihood: 7/10
[/FONT]

[h=2]
4/10
Victor Lindelof - Benfica
[/h][FONT=&quot]United have been monitoring Lindelof for over a year with a deal now closer than ever. The young Swede nearly made the switch from Benfica back in January but United are confident the move will finally be completed soon. Likelihood: 9/10[/FONT]

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another soap drama in the making involving de Gea , morato, Ronaldo & mbappe. . At least Man U is not involved in mbappe

Just pay for morato and move on. We need another striker pls. But get someone to support rashford and not the other way round.

Not convinced by their pursuit of matic. Blood fosu, he can fill that role.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just pay for morato and move on. Blood fosu, he can fill that role.
Hype is par for the course. But if we don't get new (good) blood into Aug, then the team is looking rather pedestrian :cool:

Am with you on Fosu. He's past the rites of passage.:p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5/10 Ivan Perisic, Inter Milan

United want to spend £35m on Perisic but Inter are holding out for closer to £50m.
That said, Mourinho is a big fan and may be willing to go the extra mile to get him.

7/10 Fabinho - Monaco

An extremely versatile player Mourinho sees him more as a defensive midfielder and
could be used to give Paul Pogba, last summer's big addition, more freedom.
Monaco aren't in any rush to lose any more first team stars this summer though
and are likely to demand a hefty fee.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Overpaid, imho

Romelu Lukaku: Man Utd 'agree £75m fee with Everton for striker'
By Simon Stone
BBC Sport

The best of Romelu Lukaku's Premier League goals in 2016-17Manchester United have agreed a fee of around £75m with Everton for striker Romelu Lukaku, senior club sources have told the BBC.

The 24-year-old Belgium international scored 25 Premier League goals last season.
United, who have been chasing Lukaku for most of the summer, will not now be pursuing their interest in Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata.
Everton sources say no deal or agreement has been reached.

The move for Lukaku is not connected to talks aimed at taking United forward Wayne Rooney to Everton.

Jose Mourinho's side are hopeful of concluding a deal in time for Lukaku to join the squad before they depart for a pre-season tour to the United States on Sunday.
The striker was on a list of forward options Mourinho gave to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward before the end of last season.
It had been thought Lukaku would return to his former club Chelsea, who he joined from Anderlecht in 2011.
The striker was sold to Everton for £28m by Mourinho during the Portuguese manager's second spell in charge of Chelsea in 2014.
Lukaku is a client of agent Mino Raiola, who also looks after Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan - three players all signed by United last summer.
The Belgian turned down the most lucrative contract offer in Everton's history in March and later said: "I don't want to stay at the same level. I want to improve and I know where I want to do that."

Lukaku hasn't peaked yet - Leon Osman Lukaku in stats

• With a double against Hull City in March, Romelu Lukaku became the first Everton player since Gary Lineker in 1985-86 to hit 20 league goals in a season.
  • Lukaku is also only the fourth player to score more than 80 goals in the Premier League before turning 24 (also Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Wayne Rooney).
  • He has also scored more goals than any other Everton player in Premier League history (68).
  • Lukaku is one of only three players to have scored more than 10 goals in each of the last five Premier League seasons (alongside Giroud and Aguero).
Mourinho & Lukaku - in quotes

Lukaku on Mourinho in December 2015:
"Everyone says it is Mourinho's fault but it is not his fault because I made the decision [to leave Chelsea]. I went to his office to ask if I could go.
"I signed the deal with Everton at 11 o'clock and the first text message I got on my old BlackBerry was from Mourinho saying: 'Good luck, do your best and I will see you next season.' He was the first. Nobody knows that and that is why for me he gets immense respect."
Mourinho on Lukaku expressing surprise he was released by Chelsea to join Everton on loan in 2013:
"Romelu likes to speak. He's a young boy who likes to speak. But the only thing he didn't say is why he went to Everton on loan. That's the only thing he never says. And my last contact with him was to tell him exactly that - 'why do you never say why you are not here?'"
Mourinho on selling Lukaku to Everton:
"Romelu was always very clear with us with his mentality and his approach was not highly motivated to come to a competitive situation with Chelsea.
"He wanted to play for Chelsea but he clearly wanted to be first-choice striker - but for a club of our dimension it is very difficult to promise to a player. That reduced, immediately, his desire to come to us.
"After that, Everton came in with an important offer. As I always say - because it's the reality - our club wants to do things really well. We want to always be inside of the rules. Financial Fair Play is something that is always in the thoughts of Chelsea's board."

Transfer records

Top five world record transfers

• £89m - Paul Pogba. Juventus to Manchester United, 2016
  • £86m - Gareth Bale. Tottenham to Real Madrid, 2013
  • £80m - Cristiano Ronaldo. Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009
  • £75.3m - Gonzalo Higuain. Napoli to Juventus, 2016
  • £75m - Luis Suarez. Liverpool to Barcelona, 2014

Top five British transfers

• £50m - Fernando Torres. Liverpool to Chelsea, 2011
  • £47.5m - John Stones - Everton to Manchester City, 2016
  • £44m - Raheem Sterling. Liverpool to Manchester City, 2015
  • £37.1m - Juan Mata. Chelsea to Manchester United, 2014
  • £35m - Andy Carroll - Newcastle to Liverpool, 2011

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chelsea have put in a counter offer. Personally, I don't think he's worth £75m.
Is Paul Pogba worth £89m based on what you've seen of him so far?

EPL transfer fees have really got out of control thanks to sponsorship and TV rights revenue.

**Update***

Looks like it going through.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40541648

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lukaku in stats

With two goals against Hull City in March, Lukaku became the first Everton player since Gary Lineker in 1985-86 to score 20 league goals in a season.

Lukaku is also only the fourth player to score more than 80 goals in the Premier League before turning 24 (after Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Rooney).

He has scored more goals than any other Everton player in Premier League history (68).

Lukaku is one of only three players to have scored more than 10 goals in each of the past five Premier League seasons (alongside Olivier Giroud and Sergio Aguero).

More on comparison with other strikers in-house, incl Zlatan:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40547192

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun think Lukaku is the type of striker we need. I have my reservations about this player. For starters, he's not a big game player. The few occasions that he played at Chelsea under Mou, he failed to impress. It could very well be tactical but I dun see how he'll perform better with the same manager at the helm. Paying 75 million pounds for that quality is way over the top despite what the stats says.

It reeks of desperation on the part of Mou and co but at the same time we can all appreciate the fact that we had plenty of misfiring frontmen last season. What we really need now is someone who could play just behind Lukaku. With Rooney out of the way, we have room for one more.

United should bid for Naby Keita. He's a workhorse and was truly impressive last season with Leipzig.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No surprise this

Wayne Rooney: Everton re-sign striker after 13 years at Manchester United

Wayne Rooney has signed a two-year deal - with Everton announcing the deal with the tweet 'Once a Blue...'
_96865241_rooney_gettyimages-subscription.jpg

Manchester United record goalscorer Wayne Rooney has rejoined Everton for an undisclosed fee, 13 years after leaving the Merseyside club.

Rooney, 31, played 559 times for United, scoring 253 goals.

He won five Premier League titles and each of the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup once after joining from Everton for £27m in 2004.

Rooney, who has signed a two-year deal, said he was "ecstatic" and his "first game back will be an emotional day".

"It's a great feeling to be back. I cannot wait to meet the lads, get on the training pitch and then get on the pitch to play," he added.

Rooney's return comes as United look set to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, with a £75m deal for the Belgium international agreed between the two clubs.

Everton confirmed Rooney will wear the number 10 shirt previously worn by Lukaku.

Analysis: Revival, renewal & unfinished business for Rooney
Rooney: Man Utd great or unfairly unloved?

"I'm not just coming back because it's the team I support, the team I grew up playing for - I'm coming back because I feel the club can move forward and be successful," said Rooney, who scored 17 goals in 77 games in his first spell at Goodison.

"I want to be part of it. There will be pressure on me to perform, but I'm ready to go. I believe I can help move this club forward and be more successful on the pitch."

Rooney says when he spoke to Everton manager Ronald Koeman, he "saw it in his eyes that he wanted me to be part of his team".

He added: "It was a no-brainer for me and the only place I was going to go."

Rooney said he told his agent Paul Stretford to "go and speak to them, let's make it happen" when he found out Everton were interested in signing him and it "was obvious I was going to be leaving Manchester United this summer".

"There were other options there but once I knew that Everton wanted me to come back then it was the only option for me," he added.

Why Everton want him back

Koeman began talking about Rooney's potential return as far back as October, stating he would be "pleased" to sign England's all-time leading goalscorer.

On Sunday, he said: "Wayne has shown me that ambition that we need and that winning mentality - he knows how to win titles and I'm really happy he's decided to come home.

"He loves Everton and he was desperate to come back. He is still only 31 and I don't have any doubts about his qualities. It's fantastic he's here.

"We have a lot of young players and sometimes in life you need somebody who you look up to, who you learn from. That was also one of the messages when we spoke about on and off the pitch what his function will be in the team.

"One of the functions for Wayne is to show the rest of the team why he is - and still is - that player."

An Old Trafford exit

[h=3]An Old Trafford exit[/h]
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Manchester United posted this message on social media on Sunday to mark Rooney's exiRooney, who was often left out of United's starting line-up by manager Jose Mourinho last season, appeared in 25 league games - the fewest he has played in one season. His total of eight goals in all competitions was also the lowest of his career.

He also lost his place in the England squad, but has not retired from international duty and needs six more caps to equal goalkeeper Peter Shilton's all-time record of 125 appearances.

Rooney was an unused substitute as United beat Southampton to win the EFL Cup in February, and made only a brief appearance at the end of the Europa League final victory over Ajax in May.

In his 13 seasons with United, he finished as top scorer five times and shared the honour with Cristiano Ronaldo in another campaign. He was also named fans' player of the year twice.

"It is no secret that I have long been an admirer of Wayne," said Mourinho. "He has been a model professional throughout his time at the club and will remain in the history books for many years to come.

"It is never easy to see a great player playing less football than he would like and I could not stand in his way when he asked to go back to Everton.

"His experience, focus and determination will be missed and I wish him well for the future."

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward added: "Who can forget his storybook debut hat-trick against Fenerbahce, the spectacular overhead kick against Manchester City and the countless match-winning performances in his time here?

"But after much discussion, the club has decided to accept his request to rejoin his boyhood team."

What is Rooney's United legacy?

Rooney in one word - fans' verdict
Andy Mitten, editor of fanzine United We Stand: "The move is best for all parties.

"Rooney will be remembered well by United fans when the dust settles, a club legend who scored more goals than anyone and was a leading light in one of United's greatest sides.

"Reaching three European Cup finals in four years shows how good that team was. At his best, between 2004 and 2011, he was the finest British player of his generation.

"Rooney's performances dropped, and being linked with Chelsea and Manchester City did his popularity no favours either, but he's scored some of the greatest goals I've ever seen.

"As a journalist who has interviewed him several times over 12 years, I watched him mature, become more interesting and grow into being a respected Manchester United captain."

Rooney's dwindling Premier League appearances
Games played Minutes Games started Sub appearances
2013-14 29 2,448 27 2
2014-15 33 2,876 33 0
2015-16 28 2,410 27 1
2016-17 25 1,539 15 10

Rooney was brought up by parents Jeanette and Wayne in the Croxteth area of Liverpool alongside brothers Graham and John, with all five members of the household avid Everton supporters.

He joined the Toffees at the age of nine and quickly built a reputation as a precocious talent, scoring 114 goals in 29 matches for the under-10 and under-11 sides.

David Moyes gave him his first-team debut in August 2002, and he quickly became a regular starter, scoring his first Premier League goal - a last-minute winner against Arsenal - five days before his 17th birthday.

I've kept it quiet for the last 13 years, but I've actually been wearing Everton pyjamas at home with my kids.
Wayne Rooney on re-joining his boyhood team
The goal led to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger describing Rooney as "the biggest English talent I have seen since I arrived in this country". Wenger added: "He has everything you dream of for a front player - intelligent feet, quick reactions."

Rooney became one of world football's highest-paid teenagers with his boyhood club, but handed in a transfer request in August 2004, leading to him being signed by Sir Alex Ferguson for what was the highest fee paid for a player under 20.

Analysis

BBC Sport's Simon Stone: Rooney has been slowly eased out of the first team, without there being one single pressure point that signalled a change in Mourinho's thinking.

The Portuguese has consistently backed Rooney in public - saying as recently as May that he would be "very happy" if the striker stayed at Old Trafford.

But Rooney did not take the chances he was afforded by Mourinho last season, and that made his departure inevitable once Everton pursued their interest.

Rooney signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract during the 2013-14 campaign, which included the option of a further season, but the Old Trafford club had no intention of triggering that clause.

United have waived a fee and may also be funding part of Rooney's £13m wages.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40510938

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun think Lukaku is the type of striker we need. I have my reservations about this player. For starters, he's not a big game player. The few occasions that he played at Chelsea under Mou, he failed to impress. It could very well be tactical but I dun see how he'll perform better with the same manager at the helm. Paying 75 million pounds for that quality is way over the top despite what the stats says.

It reeks of desperation on the part of Mou and co but at the same time we can all appreciate the fact that we had plenty of misfiring frontmen last season. What we really need now is someone who could play just behind Lukaku. With Rooney out of the way, we have room for one more.

United should bid for Naby Keita. He's a workhorse and was truly impressive last season with Leipzig.

Fits mourinho style. His like for strikers is like a good penis - strong hard Long (tall) long lasting and penetrative. Besides Lukaku only Kane fits the bill.

He might just sneak in for Keita u never know. prioritise the midfielder - We never really replaced Keane after all these years.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DIER ANOTHER DAY Jose Mourinho wants Manchester United to make £60million bid for Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier

England international is one of the United boss' top transfer targets and wants Ed Woodward to pull out all the stops to get him
GOSSIP
By Lee Astley
11th July 2017, 9:57 am
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3991225/jose-mourinho-wants-manchester-united-to-make-60million-bid-for-tottenham-midfielder-eric-dier/

JOSE MOURINHO wants Manchester United to make Tottenham a £60million bid for Eric Dier, according to reports.

The England international is one of the United boss’ top transfer targets and has left executive vice chairman Ed Woodward in charge of getting him.

Manchester United could offer Tottenham £60million for Eric Dier
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION ARCHIVE
Eric Dier has been a target for Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho for a long time And according to the Mirror, Mourinho has urged Woodward to make an offer Spurs will find difficult to refuse.

Mourinho has turned his attention to the midfielder after already splashing out on Victor Lindelof and £75m on Romelu Lukaku. The Red Devils were originally willing to spend £40m on Dier but Spurs are confident they can keep their man.

Dier could push for a permanent midfield spot at United, where he also double his £75,000-a-week wages. For his part, United boss Mourinho is desperate for cover in the defensive area of midfield going into the new season.
He is seeking to re-balance the middle of the park, especially with Champions League football assured.

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
Eric Dier has become one of Tottenham and England’s key players in recent seasons

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fixtures Aug

Tuesday 8th August 2017

SUPER CUP
Real Madrid
19:45
Man Utd

Sunday 13th August 2017

PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd
16:00
West Ham

Saturday 19th August 2017

PREMIER LEAGUE
Swansea
12:30
Man Utd

Saturday 26th August 2017

PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd
17:30
Leicester

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KROOS MISSILE
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho demands Toni Kroos
in any deal that takes David De Gea to Real Madri
d

[FONT=&amp]Bitter feud between the two European giants threatens to boil over
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]By Richard Forrester
[FONT=&amp]16th July 2017, 1:19 pm[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Updated: 16th July 2017, 2:53 pm[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

JOSE MOURINHO is demanding Toni Kroos as Real Madrid step up their bid for David De Gea.
Tensions between the two clubs have intensified in recent weeks which has been brought to the boil with the two clubs involved in a row over training facilities in Los Angeles.

Real Madrid have stepped up their interest in David De Gea
GETTY IMAGES
Jose Mourinho wants Toni Kroos as any part of the dealAnd just weeks after Madrid told United they were ending their interest in the Spaniard, Zinedine Zidane’s side launched a plot to unsettle the keeper with a new £50million offer.
But Mourinho is ready to counteract their offer by requesting that Kroos is involved if any deal is to be completed according to the Mirror.

The midfielder is a key cog in Madrid’s team and they remain reluctant to let the 27-year-old leave the Bernabeu.
There is growing speculation that Real Madrid will eventually land De Gea with the keeper ready to move back to his hometown.

He started his career at Atletico Madrid and a return back to the city could prove too difficult to turn down.
The two teams will meet in what could be a feisty affair in the Uefa Super Cup on August 8.

GETTY IMAGES
Jose Mourinho is prepared to play hard ball with Real Madrid over David De Gea
REUTERS
[FONT=&amp]6

Real Madrid have been training just minutes away from Manchester United in LA
GETTY IMAGES
[FONT=&amp]6[/FONT]

David De Gea is thought to be wanting a return to Madrid[/FONT]

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
This transfer window will be the worst in living memory. We end up overpaying for a clumsy big bloke to add to our collection with our prized Fellaini already in the ranks. Now they're looking at Perisic at 40 million pounds? :rolleyes:

We need a player with a high work rate, a dm/am and Naby Keita is the player. We are not likely to get Dier this season nor the next but with Keita, it can fill the gap as Carrick is expected to retire. Mou knows that we need that sort of player. Herrera can play Carrick's role but given Mou's penchant for 'parking the bus", he'll have to play Fosu in that role or get another player.

Pool and Everton are the teams that got their act well. Their acquisition strategy is purposeful and more focus and they know how the'll approach the game next season.:mad: