• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Moderation / Movement of Postings

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was looking for some postings which I distinctly recall reading in the "Re: Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong" (LWL&LHYCLHL) thread. I couldn't find these postings after trawling through several pages of the thread. After a further tedious search, I found these postings (including some of mine made in the LWL&LHYCLHL thread) in a different "38 OR in Parliament" thread. Not sure why as I recall clicking on "Reply" to a posting that carried the LWL&LHYCLHL thread title when I posted.

As well as contents specific to this "38 OR in Parliament" thread, this thread also has contents posted in the "Re: Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong" thread and "Re: Live Cover 3 July 2017, Mon : PM Lee delivering a ministerial statement in Parlia" thread. I am not sure what contents from other threads will be added on later.

These mergings and movements make postings tedious, troublesome to find and read. It makes things very confusing and sometimes context is lost. Also, as the mergings/movements are time sorted, they may end up in pages that a poster has already gone through and hence, will miss reading.

My request to whoever is doing this: do go easy on these mergings and movements. It does fuck things up.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moderator/s, please move postings (at least those which are mine) in the "Re: Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong" which now appear in the "38 OR in Parliament" back to where it was intended to be in, i.e. the "Re: Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong" thread.

Whilst I am not Cambridge educated, I am nevertheless still in control of my mental faculties and hence, know what threads I would like to participate in, or my postings to appear in.

Ditto for the rest whose postings have been moved. I am sure these forummers are all still in control of their mental faculties and know which threads they want their postings to be posted in.

Thanks and please don't do this again.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://singsupplies.com/showthread...-critique-of-Pinky-s-statements-to-Parliament

Your posts are worthy of a new thread, salient points well summarized.

It's now actually worse. They now appear under a new thread / thread title which I supposedly started but in which you were the one who actually created.

MT1.JPG

Apart from the problems I highlighted earlier, there is also the problem of inconsistency. Some of the postings moved are not associated with the new thread title whilst some of those that remain in the original thread should be moved if that is indeed your intent.

It also contradicts the objective of merging postings/threads which is to gather various postings/threads into one accessible and major-themed thread. Now it is the opposite. The original thread is broken up into two or more threads.

The moved postings are now not as readily viewed or easily accessible as they slowly disappear into later pages. This is a waste as some of the moved postings carry news articles, gems of information and opinions from various posters and are useful to readers, visitors including the opposition parties and those who use this forum as a repository of information.

Unless postings are spams and thus deserve to be moved to the rubbish heap, please leave it to posters who are old enough to decide which threads they would like to participate or post their views in. This is after all a "coffeeshop" forum where gems can be found amidst some mess.

Thanks.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Unless postings are spams and thus deserve to be moved to the rubbish heap, please leave it to posters who are old enough to decide which threads they would like to participate or post their views in. This is after all a "coffeeshop" forum where gems can be found amidst some mess.

Thanks.

My most humble apologies. Truth be told, I was contemplating this issue and arrived at the same conclusion.
I thought I would move your posts and the corresponding responses back to the original thread, do you think that would be helpful to the rest of the audience?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
My most humble apologies. Truth be told, I was contemplating this issue and arrived at the same conclusion.
I thought I would move your posts and the corresponding responses back to the original thread, do you think that would be helpful to the rest of the audience?

Thanks. Please do. Not only mine but those who post under the thread as they had intended to. Otherwise it may lead to a "no head, no tail" problem and context may be lost.

I am sure everyone recognises that it's not easy doing this job as moderator and appreciates that you are not doing all this out of any malicious intent but are trying to be helpful in "categorising" the various "messy" postings. But it does lead to the problems I highlighted. (For info, I have to trawl through hundreds and and very often a few thousands news titles - I only read through those I find relevant - before posting them as a repository of sorts which I hope to be helpful for readers, forummers, opposition parties as well as visitors to this forum.)

Thanks again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zihau / Ptader

Its always a challenge and there is never an easy solution at hand. For instance, Ptader's posts on important historical events such as Tang Liang Hong affair are immensely important as well numerous quotes and principles quoted by the PAP which they have clearly breached over the years which are also relevant in many of the current issues. Not sure how we can capture them in a nice thread or sticky. Moving them from the original thread certainly breaks the chain. I am sure the members recognise their importance and for some an education by itself.

ps. What GCT and his gang did to Tang and his wife was pure evil and no basis in law. Look at what Tang actually said and did is not what many media made him out to be.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The nuances for two simple words, "can lah", can be different based on the tone and the context in which it was used... how silly of me gloss over that... but I'm learning :smile::smile::smile: