• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat A&W returning to SINGAPORE!!!!!!

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
SINGAPORE: American fast-food chain A&W will set up shop in Singapore again, after exiting the market more than 10 years ago.

According to a Yahoo report on Tuesday (Jul 4), A&W CEO Kevin Bazner said that A&W has an office in Singapore since 2016, and that the company is looking to open 30 to 40 new restaurants a year across Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

The company is currently looking for a retail space for its flagship in Singapore, which is scheduled to open next year. This flagship will also serve as a training store for other Southeast Asia outlets, Yahoo reported.

A&W – which stands for “Allen and Wright” – made its debut in Singapore in 1966 at Dunearn Road, and the first A&W drive-through opened in 1970 at Bukit Timah Road.

The fast-food joint’s hamburgers, hot dogs and root beer soon became hugely popular among Singaporeans and it is believed its success helped pave the way for other fast-food establishments to set up shop in Singapore, including McDonald’s (1979), Kentucky Fried Chicken (1977) and Burger King (1982).

However, by 2003, A&W faced stiff competition from its competitors and shuttered its remaining outlets in the same year.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/a-w-to-return-to-singapore-in-2018-report-9002422

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had great times at A&W during my schooldays hanging out with my buddies. I remember Tuesdays were coney dog days and who could forget the root beer with ice cream...

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Fast food sector is fiercely competitive with McDonalds and KFC holding the lion's share of the market.

A&W will find it tough I think, just look at what happened to Wendy's in Singapore.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
The Fast food sector is fiercely competitive with McDonalds and KFC holding the lion's share of the market.

A&W will find it tough I think, just look at what happened to Wendy's in Singapore.

wendy's got that fucked up preggy woman asking for potatoes in the middle of the night.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember long john silver had the most killer fries,they were so amazing it was like strips of crisp golden brown joy,i remember going there just for the fries alone.

sadly just like everything on this island,everything turns to shit sooner or later.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tuesday is Coney Dog day. :biggrin:

Attachments

• aandw.jpg
    aandw.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 345

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even carl's jr quality has gone down the shitters in recent years and many outlets closed down,i dont have any high hopes for fast food in SG,kfc sucks now,BK burgers are puny and expensive like hell,LJS is the absolute garbage,even texas chicken which came out 2 or 3 years ago,u can tell the quality has slipped alot and they are no longer selling those juicy winglets anymore.

looks like in order to make fast food "affordable" in SG,they have to cut corners and compromise quality alot.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember long john silver had the most killer fries,they were so amazing it was like strips of crisp golden brown joy,i remember going there just for the fries alone.

sadly just like everything on this island,everything turns to shit sooner or later.

I remember that it was A&W that had thinner fries that made them more crispy.

Their outlet at Dhoby Ghaut was very popular. It was just next to Cathay cinema.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had great times at A&W during my schooldays hanging out with my buddies. I remember Tuesdays were coney dog days and who could forget the root beer with ice cream...

Aiyo root beer with ice cream was root beer float la....frosted glass damn atas man

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even carl's jr quality has gone down the shitters in recent years and many outlets closed down,i dont have any high hopes for fast food in SG,kfc sucks now,BK burgers are puny and expensive like hell,LJS is the absolute garbage,even texas chicken which came out 2 or 3 years ago,u can tell the quality has slipped alot and they are no longer selling those juicy winglets anymore.

looks like in order to make fast food "affordable" in SG,they have to cut corners and compromise quality alot.

Carl's Jr here is franchised by BreadTalk.... so remember to boycott

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A&W stuff is no longer unique in Singkieland...heaps of competitors now which can supply the same stuff they do...in the past..only a&w has waffle ice cream n Coney dogs...other places Now also have..where is their product differentiation?