• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 38 OR in Parliament

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not as cheap as you, leeching on hard working taxpayers and use the money on cat 80 and above.
oic saw your mother in Geylang lor 16 . I ask her why she is there. She told me her son's posts is not lengthy enough. So I urge you to post with min 500 words. That will help your mother

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang condemns Lee Hsien Loong

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-pm-accused-lying-parliament-brother-085644876.html

Singapore PM accused of lying in parliament by brother

A feud between the children of Singapore's late founding leader intensified last month after two siblings publicly accused their brother Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of disobeying their father's last wishes and abusing his powers
More
The brother of Singapore's prime minister Tuesday accused him of lying in parliament about the final wishes of their father, revered founding leader Lee Kuan Yew, the latest instalment of an explosive family feud.

Lee Hsien Yang accused Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, 65, of falsely telling parliament Monday that their late father had been open to reconsidering plans to demolish a century-old family bungalow.

The unprecedented row has shocked a tightly-controlled nation unused to divisions among the elite. During a second day of debates in the legislature, the premier said the dispute was "not a soap opera" and called on Singaporeans not to be distracted by it.

The house is at the centre of a political drama that has simmered since the 2015 death of the elder Lee, and which has played out in public, with the premier and his siblings exchanging barbs on social media.

The patriarch had wanted the bungalow destroyed after he passed away to prevent the creation of a personality cult.

But the prime minister's siblings say their brother is attempting to block the house's demolition to capitalise on their father's legacy for his own political agenda, including grooming his own son as a future leader.

"(Lee Hsien Loong) has made convoluted, but ultimately false, claims about Lee Kuan Yew's wishes," Hsien Yang, a former brigadier general in the armed forces who now heads the city-state's civil aviation authority, said in a Facebook post Tuesday, which was shared by his sister Wei Ling, 62, a top neurologist.

The dispute burst into the open last month when the PM's brother and sister launched attacks on Facebook, which quickly went viral.

In Monday's speech, the prime minister said that despite a "demolition clause" governing the house in his final will, his father was "prepared to consider alternatives", and had even approved renovation plans should the government decide against tearing down the building.

However Hsien Yang, 60, said that his father had been misled by the prime minister into agreeing to the renovation, with the elder Lee made to believe the house had been listed as a national monument so could not be torn down -- a claim of which the founding leader's lawyer had found no evidence.

The premier told parliament, which is dominated by his ruling People's Action Party, that "I did not deceive my father" but he and his siblings disagreed on whether the elder Lee was ready to consider alternatives for the house.

Lee Kuan Yew, the country’s authoritarian first prime minister, ruled Singapore from 1959 to 1990. Many credit the family patriarch with turning Singapore from a poor former British colony into one of the world’s wealthiest and most stable societies.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there a fuckin doctor in the house?

From what Ive read the one thing that is sure to bring about a cancer relapse is stress…this guy must have copped as much stress in the past 10 days than most seriously troubled guys cop in a lifetime. I would be surprised if he isn't worried about the fallout from this.
According to:
facebook.com/1527636340632400
yesterday morning, LHL said that he's "off to Germany to visit Chancellor Merkel in Berlin, and attend the G20 meeting in Hamburg" this weekend:
wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_G20_Hamburg_summit
so that's even more stress. :wink:

In my opinion, LHL should just resign from being PM by the end of this year and promote TCH to PM (who will probably want LHL to continue as a member of the Cabinet, i.e. as another "Senior Minister"). :wink:
After that, nobody can accuse LHL of being the superior of TCH, right? :wink:
Even LTK also said that during the 1990s, the "head of the government" was GCT:

[video=youtube;Vo15Wvf3lG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo15Wvf3lG4[/video]

If TCH is both PM and Chairman of the "38 Oxley Road" committee, he can't be accused of "taking orders" from LHL, right? :wink:
Then we shall see whether the PAP government (excluding LHL) really wants to preserve LKY's house, right? :wink:

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

FINAL - PM Lee Hsien Loong speaks in Parliament on 38 Oxley Road dispute.
4 July 2017​

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

One year ago 11 April 2016 - prophetic?

https://pnbalji.tumblr.com/post/142619104211/comment-lee-wei-ling-a-dissident-in-the

After a week of heady revelations and counter revelations, Dr Lee Wei Ling is now like a battered and bruised tigress, licking her wounds and waiting for an opportunity to strike back.

Her personality is that of a pit bull terrier with a tenacious instinct to not let go, said people who are familiar with her and her past actions.
When her father was alive, she had his wisdom to calm and even control her. Without the protective cover of a man she deeply respects and listens to, expect her to come to back fighting.

The fact that she took down a chunk of her Facebook post about her brother, the prime minister means she will let this fight go. But she may still write about things that can embarrass the government and, in the process, her family.
With the week-long war of attrition with the Straits Times (ST), Janadas Devan and now the PM reaching a climax on Sunday, she will look for new holes to punch, new peeves to highlight.

Those who speculated on a post-LKY era of a split in the ruling party or a new group of establishment types waiting in the wings to mount a serious challenge to the PM and his team may have been blindsided by a dissident emerging from Singapore’s first family.

Sunday’s blitz against the PM was the most bizarre and damaging. Dr Lee released an email thread with ST in which she accused him of abusing his power to hold events marking her father’s first death anniversary last month.

All this to establish a dynasty, she charged in her email exchange with the paper.

“The accusations are completely untrue,” the PM said in a statement soon after.

The Lees, both father and son, have never taken such accusations lying down. Since they have successfully sued those who made statements somewhat similar to Dr Lee’s, the question of whether Dr Lee will face such a fate will be asked.

Dr Lee’s decision to edit out the references to the PM in her Facebook page shows that she must have been advised of the nasty consequences of her action.
This must be a sad day for Singapore’s most powerful family as Singaporeans became riveted by an unfolding drama of a daughter who started off being unhappy with the ST and is now showing her anger and displeasure with her brother.

And what a spectacle it has become in a country that has perfected the art of political tai chi, a skill that helped it sweep personality issues under the carpet.
That has been really the result of Lee Kuan Yew’s stature and his ability to instill fear among his confidantes and others that if they showed their dissent in public, the consequences will be disastrous.

But Dr Lee’s ability to go for the jugular is familiar to those who recall her disagreement with A-Star executive chairman Philip Yeo about the direction of the biomedical industry. The former director of National Neuroscience Institute, who is currently a senior advisor with the institute, was against Yeo’s strategy to make biomedical research a new economic winner – and she made it known vividly.

“I would challenge that, having never practised as a doctor, Mr Yeo is strategising about biomedical research directions in an ivory tower,” she said in a letter published in Today in 2007.

Yeo was no ordinary civil servant. He was a blue-eyed boy of the establishment, having helmed the Economic Development Board and taken the lead in many big-ticket projects.

Yeo left A-Star for a less high-profile job in Spring Singapore soon after.

But in this latest war of attrition with The Straits Times and Janadas, and now her brother, Dr Lee seems to have bitten off more than she can chew.
The ST hit back by saying Dr Lee had plagiarised chunks of her article and Janadas, a former editor with the paper and now the chief of government communications, said in a curveball attack that her pieces needed heavy editing. ”It was like sailing through fog,” he said in a reply.

She also lost ground when she complained that the paper, in not publishing her article, had curtailed her freedom of speech. It was laughable that she should complain about a principle that many have complained about for ages and has been dismissed by her father’s and her brother’s governments.

Dr Lee has found the power of Facebook and will use it not just for her musings but also to take pot shots at the establishment and the media.

One of the first battlefields is likely to be the family’s Oxley Road house, which she and her family want demolished eventually. Lee Kuan Yew had also stated in his will for this wish to be carried out.

But conservation experts believe that the more than 100-year-old property should be preserved because of its historical value.

It is very difficult to see how the Preservation of Monuments Board can go against this important body of opinion and rule in favour of the Lee family. And if that happens, Dr Lee is unlikely to take this sitting down.

As the battle lines are being drawn, those Singaporeans who have always wanted a high-profile dissident to join their cause might have just found one in Dr Lee Wei Ling.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ESM Goh also addressed the opposition Workers’ Party, calling on its leader Low Thia Khiang and Member of Parliament Png Eng Huat to “state their position clearly on PM’s and the Government’s integrity”.

LKY: "Is is not for the incumbent to ensure the opposition's chances of winning"

WP has two options;

1. Tell him point blank...It is not the opposition's job to restore the confidence of a PAP government"

2. If LTK still got one ball dangling, tell GCT he needs time to ask the people of his constituents...conduct a poll and come back with the answer his people want.

WP is not working for the PAP. They are working for the people and that's why they voted him.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

ESM Goh also addressed the opposition Workers’ Party, calling on its leader Low Thia Khiang and Member of Parliament Png Eng Huat to “state their position clearly on PM’s and the Government’s integrity”.

LKY: "Is is not for the incumbent to ensure the opposition's chances of winning"

WP has two options;

1. Tell him point blank...It is not the opposition's job to restore the confidence of a PAP government"

2. If LTK still got one ball dangling, tell GCT he needs time to ask the people of his constituents...conduct a poll and come back with the answer his people want.

WP is not working for the PAP. They are working for the people and that's why they voted him.

Does Woody even know the meaning of " integrity " ? Why the hell does the opposition have to state their position on the PMs integrity? The PMs siblings have given their opinion , it is up to the PM to defend himself. Woody angry because his words have come back to haunt him ? SG parliament has become a comedy.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I can see why WP is reluctant to go in hard now.

All those allegations of abuse of power, lying and what not by the two siblings are related to the issue of 38 Oxley. Which in itself is a pretty pointless issue.

I mean it is like accusing LHL of being a liar because he promised he would buy Ho Ching a Ferrari but ended up modifying a Porsche and giving it to her instead. And at the same time used Lawrence Wong's car workshop to do the job (joke lah).

You want the PM to resign over this type of thing? Who cares man?

Which is why LTK keeps saying "what else they have"? It's a big hint to the siblings to come out with more or else this issue is moot.

Personally I think the siblings do not have it in them to totally destroy their brother and the entire political and judicial system of Singapore. They don't have the guts to do it.

Cut the nonsense with 38 Oxley. If you want revenge on big brother bring out the evidence of wrong doings in managing the state funds. Appointing people based on personal connections and to preserve power rather than on merit. Do the siblings have emails that have to do with such things? If so, then bring it on. If not then go disappear in some corner of the world.

I would love to see the lowdown on how HC and LHL run the whole shebang. So if LHY and LWL have evidence throw it out. Otherwise you both are just hypocrites and charlatans.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can see why WP is reluctant to go in hard now.

All those allegations of abuse of power, lying and what not by the two siblings are related to the issue of 38 Oxley. Which in itself is a pretty pointless issue.

I mean it is like accusing LHL of being a liar because he promised he would buy Ho Ching a Ferrari but ended up modifying a Porsche and giving it to her instead. And at the same time used Lawrence Wong's car workshop to do the job (joke lah).

You want the PM to resign over this type of thing? Who cares man?

Which is why LTK keeps saying "what else they have"? It's a big hint to the siblings to come out with more or else this issue is moot.

Personally I think the siblings do not have it in them to totally destroy their brother and the entire political and judicial system of Singapore. They don't have the guts to do it.

Cut the nonsense with 38 Oxley. If you want revenge on big brother bring out the evidence of wrong doings in managing the state funds. Appointing people based on personal connections and to preserve power rather than on merit. Do the siblings have emails that have to do with such things? If so, then bring it on. If not then go disappear in some corner of the world.

I would love to see the lowdown on how HC and LHL run the whole shebang. So if LHY and LWL have evidence throw it out. Otherwise you both are just hypocrites and charlatans.

Agree. What abuse of power, inappropriatelies is red herring, it all about the house! Absolute waste of parliament time. I agrees with Worker Party Low.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oic saw your mother in Geylang lor 16 . I ask her why she is there. She told me her son's posts is not lengthy enough. So I urge you to post with min 500 words. That will help your mother

Only a low life scumbag like you would bring in family members when lost in an argument. Kiss byebye to your $16k by next election, Singaporeans are ashamed to have low quality leeches like you in Parliament.

decent02

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a low life scumbag like you would bring in family members when lost in an argument. Kiss byebye to your $16k by next election, Singaporeans are ashamed to have low quality leeches like you in Parliament.

500 words please my comrade. How to justify your payment.