• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hahaha refugees flee to canada....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;LifOZPBgGJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LifOZPBgGJQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

And are US people. No need nuke war to create refugees flee to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
No body will stay in Canada, if they have a choice. It is too damn cold. All my friends have given up from Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal. None lasted their 3rd winter. First winter is fun and a new experience; second winter is tolerated; and by the autumn of the 3rd year it is time to head for warmer climates before the temperature drops. Never to return.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No body will stay in Canada, if they have a choice. It is too damn cold. All my friends have given up from Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal. None lasted their 3rd winter. First winter is fun and a new experience; second winter is tolerated; and by the autumn of the 3rd year it is time to head for warmer climates before the temperature drops. Never to return.

How cold is Canadian winter?I love Australian winter.been there three times,if sg weather was like that I would never leave.......wish we had four seasons like japan or something

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies arw useless pigs too afraid of cold.

No problem w cold for me.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have you ever visited Canada:confused:

I remember someone I think working for the PAP trying to scare people from emigrating to Canada :smile: Don't believe all the negative propaganda.

Have relatives & friends in Canada & they've been there for over 20+ years & they love it there.
They live in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, ...

If one is frighten of the cold they can chose to stay in Vancouver. You only get rain there in winter. City of Vancouver has been voted as one of the top 5 places to stay. One can easily drive down to the US. There is more to do there than in Spore.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking cold. Depends where in Canada you live. In Toronto area, minus 10 is around the average winter temperature. I went ice-fishing once, it reached minus 40 out there. Don't worry, Christimas is nice with the cold weather. The snow and ice makes it even more enchanting. Many people ice-skate and some like to ski. Children love the snow. Adults, have to commute to work, which suck. Make sure you pee before you get into the car and hit the road, having a full-bladder caught in traffic can be a pain in the butt. Have fun!!

Cheers!

How cold is Canadian winter?I love Australian winter.been there three times,if sg weather was like that I would never leave.......wish we had four seasons like japan or something

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever visited Canada:confused:

I remember someone I think working for the PAP trying to scare people from emigrating to Canada :smile: Don't believe all the negative propaganda.

Have relatives & friends in Canada & they've been there for over 20+ years & they love it there.
They live in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, ...

If one is frighten of the cold they can chose to stay in Vancouver. You only get rain there in winter. City of Vancouver has been voted as one of the top 5 places to stay. One can easily drive down to the US. There is more to do there than in Spore.

Ah Johnny,

"Have you visited Canada: Confused:"

Have you? Are making commends in this forum from your imagination?

For your information, I am now responding on my keyboard while looking out of my window at home in Hemlock Street and I can see the Library, where I spend most afternoons. [Clue to my location: Broadway Chinese Restaurant] Been here during most summer months since Tan Liang Hong had to leave zikapore. Even Honkies who flooded this place are now moving out. [Good time to sell too since property prices in my area X12 - X15 times]

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Ah Johnny,

For your information, I am now responding on my keyboard while looking out of my window at home in Hemlock Street and I can see the Library, where I spend most afternoons. [Clue to my location: Broadway Chinese Restaurant] Been here during most summer months since Tan Liang Hong had to leave zikapore. Even Honkies who flooded this place are now moving out. [Good time to sell too since property prices in my area X12 - X15 times]

I have no idea where you are. Canada is so big. At least say which province.

I have lived in Alberta for 7 years now. 3 years in Edmonton 4 in Calgary. Our winters are cold and snowy. -40 temperatures are common. It is winter all year round so cold we have frostbite and all the tips of our fingers are gone.

Don't ever come to Calgary or Edmonton please. You will not survive here!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Johnny,

The winters in Toronto can be harsh. It is probably because Toronto has wet winters. In places like Alberta we have dry winters.

Have studied & worked in Toronto & Alberta. I liked the winters in Alberta where the temperature would vary from 1 degree to minus 30 degrees in winter. Good skiing especially in the Rockies i.e. Banff & Jasper

When I was staying in Toronto I was staying near High Park & later moved to the Pape area. In Toronto I would spend time visiting the main library at Yonge because they had a great collection of books.

Many of my relatives are now Canadian & staying in places like Etobicoke, Vancouver,.... Also met many Sporeans who have emigrated there. Even my neighbour in Spore has emigrated to Surrey BC :eek:

With so many Sporeans emigrating it is now difficult for the PAP to put out negative info about emigrating because people now know someone who has made the move.

From Edmonton I would drive down to Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Vancouver,..... as well as down to the US: Seattle, Portland, California, Nevada, Idaho. There is much to see & do and that is why I never missed Spore while I was staying in Canada:biggrin:

I know some hongkies & they will park their families in places like Australia & Canada & once they have gotten their Aussie/Canadian passports they would go back to work in Hong Kong, while leaving their families in Aust/Canada

Ex-Hongkies qualify for a HK residency, a kind of Permanent Resident status.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't ever come to Calgary or Edmonton please. You will not survive here!

Must be tough with so many unwashed masses coming from India, Philippines, PRC Chinese,.... :wink:

In Spore it is worst because of the really low, low, ... bar as to who can enter Spore:(

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Must be tough with so many unwashed masses coming from India, Philippines, PRC Chinese,.... :wink:

In Spore it is worst because of the really low, low, ... bar as to who can enter Spore:(

Hey Johnny333, I actually posted a pretty long one about how the dry winters are and that -40 days were far and few per winter, skiing, embracing winter etc and then I realized....WTF am I doing?

So I edited the post completely.

Seriously life in Calgary is EXCELLENT. Just climbed Ha Ling Peak in Canmore on Canada day. It was super cool!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Johnny333, I actually posted a pretty long one about how the dry winters are and that -40 days were far and few per winter, skiing, embracing winter etc and then I realized....WTF am I doing?

So I edited the post completely.

Seriously life in Calgary is EXCELLENT. Just climbed Ha Ling Peak in Canmore on Canada day. It was super cool!

I think global warming is playing a part in making winters milder in Calgary :confused:

Back when they were having the winter olympics in Calgary they already had problems with the lack of snow. So it must be worst now.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think global warming is playing a part in making winters milder in Calgary :confused:

Back when they were having the winter olympics in Calgary they already had problems with the lack of snow. So it must be worst now.

Not really. It varies. Last year we had a bumper snow fall. COP had very good coverage most of the season. The year before was not so good though.

My neighbor who is Korean and has lived in Calgary for 30 years did say that back in the 19070s and 80s the weather was much colder.

Calgary has the Chinooks as well. I personally do not like the Chinooks with the freeze and thaw. Better to just go cold and have the snow on the ground and not melt then form ice again.

Winter is our favorite season of the year. Skiing! even with precipitation you can still ski. In Summer it is more treacherous. Thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail.

Anyway, I think the weather is the least challenging when migrating. Finding a good job or business with high income is the biggest challenge. Although one can survive pretty comfortably with an average income. When you get to the high income though, your quality of life is FANTASTIC!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the last winter was very harsh and prolonged with heavy snowfall in the mountains and record setting rain in the valleys, even by california standards. there's still a deep snow pack up in the sierras right now and you can still ski at higher elevations, even after one week or so of a 100-degree-f heatwave hitting the western part of the u.s. the snow is so thick that the heatwave hardly makes a dent.

this global warming hoax has gone on for too long.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/harsh-winter-took-heavy-toll-162647062.html

IMG_0228.JPG

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this global warming hoax has gone on for too long.

Yes, US wheat crop has been destroyed by snowstorm in April 2017. Expect food prices to increase substantially over the years with more crop failures.

There's no denying the mini ice age is coming. Google yields 178 million results for "record low temperature" versus 8.36 million results for "record high temperature".